Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Keep yer peckers up!

[quote user="king canary"]''not much changes''

Except we have one less game to make up this 9 point gap.

''A good point on paper''

No it isn''t. Bristol City are 22nd and in awful form, yet we barely came away with a point. If you''re serious about making up the gap on the play-off then it isn''t a good point.[/quote]Agree with this completely. " A good point on paper "......LDC really is clutching at straws.

Whether we were on an 8 game winning run or 10 game losing run this wouldn''t have been a good point on paper. They are a terrible side facing relegation with 1 win in 16 or something ridiculous.

They are on a poor run, but in that run have managed draws against Newcastle, Sheff Wed and Derby. No-one is a push over in this league. It''s disappointing to get a draw against them, but not a disgrace.

[quote user="lake district canary"]They are on a poor run, but in that run have managed draws against Newcastle, Sheff Wed and Derby. No-one is a push over in this league. It''s disappointing to get a draw against them, but not a disgrace.[/quote]

Deciding to take a point is a disgrace though. Not losing was more important than winning.

I would love to know the reasoning behind it. Maybe it was Neil waving the white flag in terms of promotion & going into self preservation mode?

In 2017, we have taken 2 points from...

Rotherham

Wigan

Burton

Bristol City

All of whom were in the bottom 3 at the time. For a team chasing promotion, that is a disgrace.

But we''re aiming for promotion, sit 9 points outside the playoffs, have awful away form and have struggled to take points off the bottom three. So it''s a continuation of problems we''ve faced and can''t rectify.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]In 2017, we have taken 2 points from...

Rotherham

Wigan

Burton

Bristol City

All of whom were in the bottom 3 at the time. For a team chasing promotion, that is a disgrace.[/quote]Not to mention the stat about not having beaten a top 10 team all season. Until the turn of the year we were ''flat track bullies'', only able to beat the rubbish teams in the division. Now we can''t even beat the rubbish ones.

LDC is an attention seeker pure and simple, from his quirky team selections to ridiculous bets on the top 2. I very much doubt he believes any of the tripe he spouts, but knows that any sensible opinion will largely be overlooked, post something a bit out there against the consensus will rack in the replies, clever but also a rather sad. 

My quirky team selectons are my own work right enough - and there is nothing wrong with suggesting different ideas.  Right near the beginning of the season I''d been talking about putting out a team that is set up to defend better, using four strong players across midfield rather than two defensive midfielders and two more flaky wingers, hence the Howson/Tettey/Thompson/Dorrans combination.  I still think that would make us more solid as a team and still give us good possibilities going forwards.  I may be more of an attention seeker than others, but we are all attention seekers to one degree on here - and I''d rather have a few ideas of my own than just tag along for the ride. Oh - and fyi, the bets on the top two were instigated by someone else, not me.