Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Keep yer peckers up!

I haven''t posted for a while, is staying on topic on threads a really issue here now?

Perhaps someone should inform the moderator.

Back on topic, we can all learn something from the OP, he is clearly a passionate fan

[quote user="Alex "]Iwan''s Big Toe wrote ''OK Lakey, we''ll again try "put your money where your mouth is". I will bet you (or anyone) £1,000 that we do not get promoted this season.''

Wow Iwan, you are a real wild man and I commend you for having the Betty''s to offer that bet 👊😆[/quote]What odds are you offering?

So another chance to close the gap on the play off place missed, another away game we failed to win (against a team struggling at the bottom of the league), another game where we failed to keep a clean sheet. Not only are the play offs a pipe dream, Alex Neil is not the man to get us promoted, this season or next. I listened to him on Radio Norfolk today, he is now saying we are in transition, it does not matter who the manager is as they will have to mend the broken team, but it was not him that broke it!!.........Get rid now, and time for Delia and MWJ to move on as well........

lake district canary wrote the following post at 06/03/2017 5:27 PM:

GPs Beard wrote:

We are not going to get into the playoffs. Its not optimism, or pessimism. It just isn''t going to happen.

Nothing is that certain in football. The reality is that we have enough games to get back challenging for the top six - it''s not being optimistic to say that - the future isn''t written!

What is close to certain is if you take a winger off and put another centre back on , hang on with five across the back against a team in the bottom three , you are going to get slaughtered by the fans. Beyond a joke now.

Molly Windley wrote ''What odds are you offering?''

Did that look like a brave offer then, Molly?

No, I thought not 👍

To be fair this was probably LDCs last post before he topped himself.

#AlexNeilOutEvenLDCIsSuicidal

No, hogesar.  It''s football. You have to take the rough with the smooth. Not much damage was done last night - it was an away point when only Huddersfield and Brighton managed a win above us.  So pretty much as you were.  Even Derby only drew.  A good point on paper (even if the match was dire).  Onwards to better things. 

''not much changes''

Except we have one less game to make up this 9 point gap.

''A good point on paper''

No it isn''t. Bristol City are 22nd and in awful form, yet we barely came away with a point. If you''re serious about making up the gap on the play-off then it isn''t a good point.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If you think a courageous point against a woeful bottom three side is a positive, Lakey, then your expectations must be on the floor.[/quote]

I tend to have hopes, not expectations.  Expectations can too often lead to disappointment.

Christ agreeing with Lakey! But he''s right everyone expects us to be promoted. Why!?

Because we got relegated!? So because we we''re awful we deserve to be better than 23 other hard working teams?

Why do teams coming up often surprise bigger teams? They have a winning mentality, a desire to win.

We had that beaten out of us for 46 games last year