Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Keep yer peckers up!

I like your attitude, Lakey. You''ll receive no end of criticism for your positivity but I don''t support my club to dwell on disappointment either. OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"]Not finished yet. This season still has plenty of twists and turns left in it. That''s all.

[/quote]OK Lakey, we''ll again try "put your money where your mouth is". I will bet you (or anyone) £1,000 that we do not get promoted this season.

27 points from first 13 games, 25 points from last 22 games. If our first 13 games had yielded the same level of points as our last 22 games, we would now be in the bottom 6 or 7 places. Never mind ay, now...wheres me pecker..

Iwan''s Big Toe wrote ''OK Lakey, we''ll again try "put your money where your mouth is". I will bet you (or anyone) £1,000 that we do not get promoted this season.''

Wow Iwan, you are a real wild man and I commend you for having the Betty''s to offer that bet 👊😆

I''m sure there will be twists and turns but unfortunately the one consistent thing will be that we are awful.

We will have a big say in who goes up automatic and get playoff places. I expect the odd goog result and a few really bad ones. Now the pressure is off we may do better but I expect us to finish below 10th place

Obvious attention seeking thread is obvious.

The only thing we''re playing for now is whether we finish 8th, 9th or mid table. Making up 5 or 6 points with our awful away record was going to be tough, 9 is impossible.

This season is over in terms of promotion, we can only hope to get some decent games at the Carra.

Actually, it''s a genuine sentimemt.  All too easy to get down about things NCFC sometimes, but in reality there is always another match - and there is a chance to start putting it right tomorrow.

To get out of the Championship your team must play for each other and be collectively strong. Our away form all season shows we are not one of these teams. "Anything can happen" is the last bastion of the deluded.

Anyone who thinks we can still get promotion must be on medication some of which I would like

There are three reasons we will not finish in top six

1. We have a manager who is a complete clown blames everybody bar himself for the mess the club are now in, hence the CJ comment AN hands are tied!

2. We now have a majority of players who also know our manager is a clown, who is way out of his depth, back at Hamilton might be doing OK still.

3. We have a Board who now feel it would be unwise to sack him and have said so publically and havent the guts to now say they got it wrong.

Football is a funny game but to turn it around now would take a miracle on a par with Leicester winning the title. There is so much wrong at the club think it will take many years in the wilderness to sort it out, needs a complete culture shi.

9 wins from 11 and we will make the playoffs 😉.

BUT

Barring in mind we''ve not beaten anyone in the top 6 all season and still have 4 games remaining vs teams in the top 6 Brighton, Reading, Leeds, Huddersfield.

Only side weve beaten in the top ten is 1 vs Derby & we Still have games against Fulham & Preston coming up.

We have 5 away games remaining and we''re averaging 0.89 points an away game.

So yer I think we will be lucky to scrape 10th.

Anyone who thinks Norwich City will end up in the play offs are completely deluded. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this on the pitch once you factor in their dismal away form, coupled with a useless manager and the most inept and arrogant board in the history of football.

It isn''t happening.

I am all for being positive, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic about these things and view them with a little dose of reality. We are going to have to start (or stop) doing the following:

Winning our away games

Beating teams in the top six

Conceding goals

Basically we are going to have to come out a totally different team than has been the case for the season thus far, starting tomorrow night.......

[quote user="komakino"]Anyone who thinks Norwich City will end up in the play offs are completely deluded. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this on the pitch once you factor in their dismal away form, coupled with a useless manager and the most inept and arrogant board in the history of football.

It isn''t happening.[/quote]

Partly agree, although Neil has let down a very supportive BOD big-time so I''d actually stop at arrogant.

A sick , senseless , spineless sham.That''s my adjectives to describe Saturday''s performance. Go up to Hillsborough and go toe to toe with a half decent Wednesday team, how hard can it be ?Even if we had lost by the odd goal I would have accepted that we had tried our best and came up short but that result is just unacceptable.I can remember our 2002 play off final squad. .As a team we were extremely flawed but that group of players had character and spirit , something that todays squad lack apparantly.Time to rip up the players contracts. Pay them minimum wage with win bonuses to boost their paypackets.It worked ok when the likes of Flecky and Dale Gordon were playing

[quote user="lake district canary"]Actually, it''s a genuine sentimemt.  All too easy to get down about things NCFC sometimes, but in reality there is always another match - and there is a chance to start putting it right tomorrow. [/quote]spot on mateit''s about supporting your clubnot throwing your toys out when things aren''t going as you expect

Seriously LDC get off your f*cking high horse.

If people rightly disagree with you that we''re not going up (as the evidence suggests) you act like we''re being negative.

Please just stop. It''s cringeworthy.

You going tomorrow night? xx

Clowns are for circuses not football clubs.

If the idiot is not removed soon we will sink lower.

He hasn''t a clue.