Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Bristol City v Norwich Match Thread ( better late than never )

And I am really pleased to see that after his criticism of the senior players, AN gave he youngsters Maddison and Godfrey a decent run out.......oh, hang on!

What if we had won this, and Sheff Wed had drawn, and we have 2 home games coming up, and the Tooth fairy existed, then we MIGHT have applied a bit of pressure...........

As long as CR remains reasonably full on match days, AN will not be going anywhere, regardless of results. Until some form of dissent is shown against his regime, nothing, absolutely nothing, will change.

Bristol City 1 win in 16 and 2 in the last 21 including 8 defeats in a row before tonight plus they sacked their coach on the afternoon of the game and The Bagpipe Blower still sees the need to take off Murphy and bring on Bassong. As you say Graham'' things could get tasty in NR1 over the next couple of weeks ''.

His game management is appalling. Once again the opposition manager makes changes and the momentum of the game shifts. They even commented on it on the radio but he does nothing, just lets it happen and waits for them to score. I have never disliked a manager more.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]Bristol had 8 shots on target.

Lucky to get point.[/quote]With two home games coming up things could get tasty in NR1 over the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

they won''t because we will beat Blackburn which means nothing but will be enough to placate the majority.

To be fair we looked good initially and for almost 70 odd minutes we were better than a shoddy Bristol side. Poor towards the end . Defence wobbly. Bored of it all by the end and agreed with the booing from our support.

I ended up checking my phone.

What a shame.

People going on about Bassong but it was far too late at that stage. Needed to win back the midfield second half but he just ignored it.

Over 1000 fans went to Bristol for a Tuesday night match - that is a massive turn out for a team who don''t back the manager. Especially after the 5-1 defeat.

Better for 70 minutes? NCFC didn''t come out for the second half! How Naismith keeps starting us beyond me!?!!!

It''s not Alex Neil''s fault......Those that employ him are satisfied with him......Why blame Alex? He''s just doing his job.....

Mellow just said the same thing on another thread.

Well Delia did say the fans won''t like it this season in her early season interview. She wasn''t wrong! Is the board just being too stubborn in thinking?

Mind goes back to what someone said about Watling saying no one would own controlling interest in this club.......

It''s not the managers fault anymore it''s down to the board!

[quote user="ricardo"]People going on about Bassong but it was far too late at that stage. Needed to win back the midfield second half but he just ignored it.[/quote]

This. Why can''t he see it? Was the same at Wigan and even against Sc*m in the ten minutes leading up to their goal. Opposition managers routinely make changes which alter the momentum in games and he never, ever reacts. I don''t believe he can because I think he''s thick.

Really disappointing but at least the game management makes it clear to every one even AN isn''t after the play offs anymore.

Bassong sub wouldn''t have necessarily been bad or negative but because we were pinned back all it done is encourage that. Taking off a winger for a central midfielder or similar would have given us a better chance.

The problem Hog, is he won''t change a system that plainly isn''t working.

He will relegate us if he''s here next season.

One Bl00dy shot on target, and that was the goal.

I consider myself to be rather fortunate to be away from the fiasco this coming Saturday

I agree with the system point Ricardo. He tried changing once against Brentford away and we looked a bit more solid but the phases of play didn''t actually change and we were still too predictable.

I mean even Bristols manager with no real quality on his bench and 1 win in 16, managed to turn the game with substitutions etc in the second half. I''ve not seen AN do the same despite all the quality at his disposal.

Yes, Ricardo, he will be here next season and I agree he will relegate us. I can''t think of anyone - other than our board - who would trust Neil to rebuild the team. What a fiasco.

He just admitted we struggled after they changed to two up front which is why he brought Bassong on. Shame he did it about half an hour after they made that change.