Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Banned thread

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 3:54 PM:

The thread will no doubt get deleted once reference to double standards in moderation are detected. Or perhaps an ex copper will get on the batphone to SDP.

Jamie, can you not see that its not double standards when one of them is a persistent offender, a common theme if you like?

I totally agree it should be the same rules for everyone, with no exception.

It''s just a matter of respecting each others opinions, debating like adult, and name calling, put downs, and personal insults just because they have a different view.[/quote]
This is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board. That''s some achievement Greavsy.[Y]
[/quote]^ This.

@ nutty

Yesterday you asked if I was going to start to follow you, since a certain person had been banned, I replied in the negative, and said not to turn this into something it isn''t.

Since then you have inferred on more than one occasion that my actions are questionable, and sought responses from me.

I have nothing against you nutty, in fact we have hardly spoken on here, and I fully respect your work with the pups etc.

Please don''t let my opinion be misguided.

[quote user="Greavsy"]@ nutty

Yesterday you asked if I was going to start to follow you, since a certain person had been banned, I replied in the negative, and said not to turn this into something it isn''t.

Since then you have inferred on more than one occasion that my actions are questionable, and sought responses from me.

I have nothing against you nutty, in fact we have hardly spoken on here, and I fully respect your work with the pups etc.

Please don''t let my opinion be misguided.[/quote]
I''m just a poster and you''re just a poster. My opinion of you counts for nothing just as your opinion of me counts for nothing. We can only be judged by what we post. And that''s all I did with you.

This is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board. That''s some achievement Greavsy

@Oldrobert.

Based on what Oldrobert?

And I had respect for you Nutty, oh well let''s not let the facts get in the way of a good attention seeking poster.

[quote user="Greavsy"]And I had respect for you Nutty, oh well let''s not let the facts get in the way of a good attention seeking poster.[/quote]
Don''t be daft Greavsy. I''m too long in the tooth to exchange insults with you. You''ll walk alone down that road...

Your actions appear to say otherwise.

I''ll leave the others to judge that tho.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Your actions appear to say otherwise.

I''ll leave the others to judge that tho.[/quote]
Others can post their own opinions then.

Yep, I''m happy with that.

Some will agree, some won''t.

I won''t go bleating off about those that disagree with my view. It''s a forum that''s what it''s all about.

However when someone is making factually incorrect statements I reserve the right to defend.

All the best Nigel.

[quote user="Greavsy"]This is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board. That''s some achievement Greavsy

@Oldrobert.

Based on what Oldrobert?[/quote]I agreed with Nutty.  I''m entitled to do that and will continue to do so when appropriate.  Based on, your post, as I believe was his remark, although I obviously can''t speak for him.  If you want to argue with both of us fine, but like him, I''m also too long in the tooth to waste my time.  I can only assume you are missing ''The Banned One''.

OldRobert wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 4:52 PM:

I agreed with Nutty. I''m entitled to do that and will continue to do so when appropriate. Based on, your post, as I believe was his remark, although I obviously can''t speak for him. If you want to argue with both of us fine, but like him, I''m also too long in the tooth to waste my time. I can only assume you are missing ''The Banned One''.

You are indeed allowed to agree or disagree with who ever you wish to, it''s a forum that''s what it''s about.

I have no desire to argue with anyone on here, and not missing anyone at all.

All the best, Robert.

If anything there''s even more posters taking part now.

Which begs the question where the problem was? If there was one at all?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Greavsy"]Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 3:54 PM:

The thread will no doubt get deleted once reference to double standards in moderation are detected. Or perhaps an ex copper will get on the batphone to SDP.

Jamie, can you not see that its not double standards when one of them is a persistent offender, a common theme if you like?

I totally agree it should be the same rules for everyone, with no exception.

It''s just a matter of respecting each others opinions, debating like adult, and name calling, put downs, and personal insults just because they have a different view.[/quote]
This is probably the most hypocritical post ever made on this board. That''s some achievement Greavsy.[Y]
[/quote]^ This.[/quote]Very much this [Y]

[quote user="hogesar"]If anything there''s even more posters taking part now.

Which begs the question where the problem was? If there was one at all?[/quote]Maybe just like I said a sticky thread where only admin can post in stating a basic reason for banning a member. They we can argue over, but not be second guessing ourselves as to what the problem was.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]If everyone just sticks to the rules then nobody will get banned. Take a leaf out of my book.[/quote][:D]

It''s not complicated and there is no problem now - just some fall out because a profuse and often overbearing poster on this forum has disappeared.  I wouldn''t blame Greavsy, he got fed up with someone trying to dominate others all the time and tried to counter it in his own way.  Perhaps once the dust settles, the forum can be a bit more balanced.   As for the reason for the ban, I think it''s quite clear - if you are warned, don''t ignore it!

@GJL

You may be right, but can''t deny he was a big contributor to this board, seems wrong that some have got away with some pretty poor behaviour on here without warnings (it seems).

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]......oh dear....you can certainly tell who the m**ty sympathisers are and how cut up they are by his absence....

some of you may have to fight your own battles now......[/quote]
How on earth will I manage to fight my own battles GeeJay. 

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@GJL

You may be right, but can''t deny he was a big contributor to this board, seems wrong that some have got away with some pretty poor behaviour on here without warnings (it seems).[/quote]
Like I''ve said many times Lessingham. Morty was an honest poster. He certainly did rub some people up the wrong way but he wouldn''t be alone in that. The long running spats take at least two or they wouldn''t be long running.