Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Thug gets 5 match ban

Jose is losing his ''grip'' on the media, and has been for a while. He is trying to maintain his aura, that was new and refreshing before, but now, he seems a befuddled man, who is trying too hard, when trying to keep one step ahead, and now, he just looks silly.

I just don''t get the argument that ''only the player knows if it was intentional''

So he should only be banned if he admits it was intentional? Because every red card would then be appealed on the basis that it was not intentional. You see unintentional elbows every week (not Zlatans though)

Also to say he is looking the other way, of course he is, except when he checks his position just before the foot comes down. Mings reaction gives it away. If I accidentally stood on somebody''s head, I would make sure they were ok. Mings wanted to get away from it as soon as possible and not draw any attention to it - possibly the guiltiest reaction if all.

Interestingly, Zlatan could have rolled around on the floor for 5 minutes. But he got straight back to his feet and marked Mings card.

Also, I don''t get the argument that Zlatan has done similar before. That has nothing to do with Mings (correct) ban

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I just don''t get the argument that ''only the player knows if it was intentional''

So he should only be banned if he admits it was intentional? Because every red card would then be appealed on the basis that it was not intentional. You see unintentional elbows every week (not Zlatans though)

Also to say he is looking the other way, of course he is, except when he checks his position just before the foot comes down. Mings reaction gives it away. If I accidentally stood on somebody''s head, I would make sure they were ok. Mings wanted to get away from it as soon as possible and not draw any attention to it - possibly the guiltiest reaction if all.

Interestingly, Zlatan could have rolled around on the floor for 5 minutes. But he got straight back to his feet and marked Mings card.

Also, I don''t get the argument that Zlatan has done similar before. That has nothing to do with Mings (correct) ban[/quote]spot onhowver my thought on IB''s previous was this was not a random act of violence on Mings part -  it came from provocation on IB''s part something he has previous forhowever the FA were never going to get into that and I suggest much of both bans is about seeing justice being done, as sponsors will not want to be associated with this sort of stuffas to Murinho he is merely being seen for what he always was, a preening idiot who for a while fooled some of the lesser minds with his petulant and carefully crafted ''I''m a character'' act

Mings knows it was intentional, no way he didn''t feel his foot hit Zlatan''s head, you know when you catch someone (intentionally or not) and any decent minded person would hold their hand up and apologise, not that trash bucket (binner) could have been serious damage inflicted. Cant condone the elbow either, but think most of would have been tempted to look for some sort of retribution.

I think it was part of an ongoing ''squabble'' with IB, being the instigator.Worth looking at the link I put up where Mings has no problem leaping over a prone player (3 mins in). As said he adjusted hos step whilst looking down to be in a position of having one foot able to stamp downward.And whilst thinking that IB, is a violent ar sehole I cannot help agreeing with and laughing at Mings being ''fworn woughly to the floor'' as he was holding on to IB.This case also shows what nonsense the use of pitch side cameras are in interfering with the game. How many times have we heard the gormless squeaking out that we need cameras (so the advertisers can stop the game) when yet again we see that so many of the decisions are subjective and are still not agreed upon days later. Whereas the gormless seem to imagine that this could all be solved by having a 5th (6th/7th ?) official looking at a replay with 20 secs to decide.

Chances are, if the ref had seen Zlatan''s elbow, he''d have given him his second yellow, and he''d have only got a one match ban for 2 yellows, instead of the 3 for the retrospective action.

The ''secret footballer'' implied that Zlatan tried to step on Mings'' back first, but missed, then Mings made contact a few seconds later.

Mings meant it. He has history. But the real issue here is the nonsensical "defence" by Bournemouth, which has rightly been punished by a longer ban. He didn''t know anything about it? Cobblers.

When Football Clubs stop defending the indefensible (Suarez, Barton) we might like them a bit more.