Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Thug gets 5 match ban

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]How the hell did Ibrahimovic only get 3, if Mings got 5? One rule for one.............[/quote]I think it was suggested well before the hearingsHowever Ibrahimovic is a snidey scumbag of the highest order who should have been banned long agoHow has he got away with it for so long ?click here32 secs is interesting

Because an elbow is hardly an unprecedented event. Elbows have happened as long as football has had been going. It is the stereotypical violent conduct.

However I can never recall a player stamping on somebody''s head. A few days ago it was said that the FA felt a 3 game ban was clearly insufficient so no surprise it is longer. Was it Ben Thatcher who was banned for 6 games years ago?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Because an elbow is hardly an unprecedented event. Elbows have happened as long as football has had been going. It is the stereotypical violent conduct.

However I can never recall a player stamping on somebody''s head. A few days ago it was said that the FA felt a 3 game ban was clearly insufficient so no surprise it is longer. Was it Ben Thatcher who was banned for 6 games years ago?[/quote]see the youtube clip above at 32 secsworth it !

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Two PL clubs, hardly small.[/quote]

I understand that but, if you aren''t aware of the differences between the two clubs, you''re probably in the wrong sport.

I''m not convinced that he meant it. Yes he clearly stamps on his head but for me the footage doesn''t show the intent. Only he would know if he meant that or not.

An elbow to the head, can cause far worse injuries than a stamp on the head. (I have been stood on the head before, and that was with rugby boots, were the sprigs were a lot different to the blades etc, that modern football boots have)

I agree JF, I''m not totally convinced he meant it.

Also if you watch, zlatan gets ''stamped'' on, then challenges for the corner, elbows Ming''s, then starts moaning and holding his head.

This is a revealing clipclickand also shows that Ibramovich ''started it'' by trying to stamp on Mings - also note how Ib. takes a dive at 15 secsMings did intentionally stamp on Imbrahamovic''s headhowever as a clip earlier shows Ibrahamovic is no stranger to this sort of thuggeryin fact it seems part of his play

Mings did intentionally stamp on Imbrahamovic''s head

Opinion and not factual. Only he knows the intent. The footage on MOTD shows he was looking completely the other direction at the time. The first time I saw it I thought it was awful, having watched the replays on MOTD it''s inconclusive, the pundits on there felt the same

Lincoln, let''s not talk about the intent by Mings, let''s just presume that it was deliberate.

It was a glancing blow, as opposed to (yes, me again) what ended my rugby career, which was a full on swinging boot, from the front, to my face (not the incident I was talking about earlier).

Despite that, I will always maintain that an elbow can do far more damage than a glancing blow of a foot

It''s harsh as no one can say for certain it was an intentional stamp......I think it was as if you see Imbrahamovic actually caught Mingus first with his studs, not to mention the throw early on, then the elbow, both utter thugs, even though Zlatan is a fantastic player. Both got what they deserved I''m opinion.

An elbow to the head is potentially, career ending.

A glancing blow (that was never a stamp, in the true meaning of the word) is deserving of a ban, but is not, and never will be, career ending

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 2017-03-08 10:56 PM:

How the hell did Ibrahimovic only get 3, if Mings got 5? One rule for one.............

Because Ibrahamovic accepted the charge of violent conduct immediately the FA put it to him retrospectively. Mints did not accept the charge of violent conduct, therefore it was put before the panel to decide. Imo they got it right!

[quote user="JF"]Mings did intentionally stamp on Imbrahamovic''s head

Opinion and not factual. Only he knows the intent. The footage on MOTD shows he was looking completely the other direction at the time. The first time I saw it I thought it was awful, having watched the replays on MOTD it''s inconclusive, the pundits on there felt the same[/quote]

He was NOT looking completely the other way - check the clip above. Check the clip v City. Check how on 14 secs he adjusts his footing to allow him space to jump on IB. And his looking at him at that momentOdd how how you you use "the pundits on there felt the same" as an argument which is after all only an opinion, not factual

Of cause it''s all opinion. That is the point though. It seems a harsh ban when only the player himself knows the intent. I''m not defending him but equally I''m not totally convinced he meant to do it. For me its inconclusive.

[quote user="JF"]Of cause it''s all opinion. That is the point though. It seems a harsh ban when only the player himself knows the intent. I''m not defending him but equally I''m not totally convinced he meant to do it. For me its inconclusive.[/quote]As Imsaylook at the clips, alone they are damning, but set against IB''s earlier stuff his action is understoodso why not ask yourself why he adjusted his footing so as to be able to bring his foot down in that space, without that ''shuffle'' he would have been in a position where it would not have been possiblenote that he is looking to see where IB ispersonally I feel IB should face a long suspension as he is the instigator, and has been elsewhereodd that poor old Surnam gets sent off instead

I quite admired how mings stood up to Zlatan all match many a defender seems to have wilted in his presence. Having said that I like having Zlatan in the premier league. Him and Jose bring an element of drama to everything and I enjoy that.