Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Season ticket non renewal blacklist

Anyone choosing not to renew has name and address added to the blacklist making them bottom Priority if they decide they want one back

Say next season we manage to get promotion and the fans that gave tickets up want them back, any joe bloggs with zero connection to the club will join the waiting list higher than anyone that has decided to not renew, considering we''ve had a waiting list for years will people giving them up ever manage to get one back?

Is there anything else is there to do in little old Narrwich on Saturday anyway!? I thought Gentlemans walk shut up while we all went to the game 🙄

Who knew!?

Isn''t that another way of just saying, that whoever wants to join the list, goes to the back of the queue?

Why would you expect ''loyalty'' or whatever you want to call it, if you wanted to get back on the list? How would you run that DDD, if you were in charge of the list?

People leave the list for various reasons, but how would you emotionally grade those DDD, if they wanted to get a season ticket back, even if it is after only 1 season?

What else does this ''Blacklist'' do to said person?

I asked the club a few years back to consider offering a Season Ticket Sabbatical, but it never got anywhere.

We have a little boy and another baby on the way. Both myself and my wife have season tickets together with other family and don''t want to give up the seats, but realistically we''ll probably only get to 50% of games next season, not helped by living 150 miles away from Norwich.

We''d happily pay a fee, £50 say for the season, to get first option on our seats for games and then when the time is right start having a season ticket again.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I asked the club a few years back to consider offering a Season Ticket Sabbatical, but it never got anywhere.

We have a little boy and another baby on the way. Both myself and my wife have season tickets together with other family and don''t want to give up the seats, but realistically we''ll probably only get to 50% of games next season, not helped by living 150 miles away from Norwich.

We''d happily pay a fee, £50 say for the season, to get first option on our seats for games and then when the time is right start having a season ticket again.[/quote]we get into the PL ? I don''t doubt your reasons/intent are entirely genuinehowever many others might not, it would be almost impossible to judge or decide

How about setting up a waiting list for people that only want to us in the premier league / when we are being successful?

I''m sorry Mr Championship supporter, you''ve watched us for a few duff years in the champs, but now we have been promoted, Mr X, who hasn''t been here for the last 5-6 seasons would like his seat back! Move along, and thanks for your custom.

Cant see it working.

This is BS.

Stopping your season ticket doesn''t mean you''ll get punished. If you storm in to the box office effing and jeffing then maybe you''d deserve to be on the black list.

The football club is a business. If you left calmly, like a nightclub or a shop i guess, they''ll let you back in. Money Talks!

No one is saying you cant have a season ticket, just that if you''ve given yours up when the club isn''t doing so well don''t expect it straight back when fortunes change.

The club isn''t likely to leave empty seats just give them to new customers rather than those that can''t be bothered when things aren''t so good, expect announcement near the end of the season

Barking Mad Barclay Boy wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 12:30 PM:

If you cant make all games, can you not downgrade your ticket to a childs ticket then just upgrade when you can attend?

You need to provide proof of DOB for under aged tickets, which could be a problem for some.

Do you know this or are you just speculating? I can''t work out if its a suggestion of a revelation of something the club is supposedly planning.

I should imagine that it is nothing more than when you give up your season ticket you join the bottom of the queue if youdecide to apply for a season ticket.The idea that you will always stay behind anyone else who subsequently joins the queue is absurd, as what would be the point of joining, and anyone made aware of this would simply apply via a third party, friend or family member.

Am I understanding your post correctly Matt that you want your seat reserved for you for whenever you decide to return. So if someone from the waiting list suddenly gets their season ticket hey then have to give it up when you decide you want to start going again?

From WOTB -"

Re: Season ticket sales

I had a phone call yesterday from the club informing me my

season ticket direct debit had been cancelled and was I aware of this?

when I stopped laughing she asked me if I intended to renew so I

informed her I was leaving it until the last minute to see if if there

is any change regarding the manager and her reply was "a lot of people

are doing the same".

I cancelled my direct debit on 19th January some 2 months ago so maybe

the club is only just starting to get wind of the real unrest with fans

and I feel the Steve Stone comment about sales being up is just spin at

best and a outright lie at worse."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Am I understanding your post correctly Matt that you want your seat reserved for you for whenever you decide to return. So if someone from the waiting list suddenly gets their season ticket hey then have to give it up when you decide you want to start going again?[/quote]No, that''s not correct. The seat wouldn''t be available as a season ticket, it would be one of the casual seats that''s sold on a match-by-match basis. The person on sabbatical would get first refusal of the seat for all matches before general sale, but at the general sale price. There would be an annual cost for this entitlement, my example was £50, and there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons. It''s not too dissimilar to the current BuyBack scheme, just it''s a Buy scheme where you select the matches you want instead of those you don''t want to go to.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Am I understanding your post correctly Matt that you want your seat reserved for you for whenever you decide to return. So if someone from the waiting list suddenly gets their season ticket hey then have to give it up when you decide you want to start going again?[/quote]No, that''s not correct. The seat wouldn''t be available as a season ticket, it would be one of the casual seats that''s sold on a match-by-match basis. The person on sabbatical would get first refusal of the seat for all matches before general sale, but at the general sale price. There would be an annual cost for this entitlement, my example was £50, and there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons. It''s not too dissimilar to the current BuyBack scheme, just it''s a Buy scheme where you select the matches you want instead of those you don''t want to go to.[/quote]
So it''s just a case of reserving your seat for the games you want to go and see? So like someone else can have it for Rotherham as long as you get it for the binners? Would there be a limit to it''s length or would this super status be open ended? 
Season tickets are surely for fans who commit to the season''s games and casual tickets for casual fans?

"There would be an annual cost for this entitlement, my example was £50,

and there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons. It''s not

too dissimilar to the current BuyBack scheme, just it''s a Buy scheme

where you select the matches you want instead of those you don''t want to

go to.2That is ridiculous.If you were to "select the matches you want" on a casual basis plus £50 how many games before you are at the same cost as a season ticket ?Just because you have been a season ticket holder before gives you no priorities - it is not some ''old school tie'' arrangement. You are either a season ticket holder, or not.Imagine a couple of thousand doing this. There would no casual tickets available for certain games, and if we were to go up who would have to be turfed out to make room for the returning sabbaticals ?You have been on the waiting list for two years, you are near the top of the queue and again City get promoted. You don''t get a season ticket as all the sabbaticals take up their optionUtterly absurd idea.

Please read all of my post before replying. I clearly state "... there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons".

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Please read all of my post before replying. I clearly state "... there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons".[/quote]
Would there be a maximum of how many could take up this super status for a couple of seasons Matt?

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Please read all of my post before replying. I clearly state "... there should be a maximum duration of a couple of seasons".[/quote]Who has said you didn''t ?Would all sabbaticals be equal ?How would someone who gave up their season ticket after 30 years feel in relation to someone who has only had a season ticket for a year ?As I said, I have no doubt that yours is a genuine case, but how would you guarantee others weren''t just plaing the system.How would you feel if you had been absent for some years (living away) and then returned to the slog of casual tickets, only to find that for certain games there are none available because the priviliged sabbaticals got first dibs ?

I really don''t believe many people would take up such an offer.

For someone who wants to go to more than half the matches it would end up costing them a lot more than having a season ticket, so it''s not logical for them to do it.

It would only benefit people such as myself who can see next season as one where I''ll only get to a handful of matches, but have no option other than to keep my season ticket going to avoid losing it (we have 4 seats together and want to keep it that way).

So the club is making £500 out of me, minus the small amounts from BuyBack. Instead they could have my £50, plus the whole season of casual prices on the seat, probably somewhere much closer to £800.

To me it seems win, win, but obviously you disagree which you''re perfectly entitled to do.

There are many ways it could be policed to ensure it''s not abused by people who don''t fancy Championship football by only allowing it after a certain number of years (for example I''ve got a sabbatical from work built into my contract after 10 years), you can only use it once and as mentioned above for a total duration of one or two seasons.

"we have 4 seats together and want to keep it that way"so who would have those seats during your year, or two off ?and what would happen to those fans when you wanted to return ?surely such groupings are at a premium ?Matt I fully appreciate where you are coming from, but there are loads of others who have similar tales of ''woe'' regarding ticketsthe club are NOT going to make a special case for you

My seat would be used by Joe Blogs for Blackburn, David Lee for Leeds and Villa, whilst he''s over from Hong Kong. Little Jonny, his first match, and his dad for Villa. It would just be a casual seat, just like over 2,000 over seats in Carrow Road that are not season ticket seats.

Something that should be quite clear is I don''t want special cases for me, I want to improve things for all Norwich City supporters. You wouldn''t do 10 years of away travel for the Capital Canaries, often heading to London train station early on a Saturday morning when you''re not actually going to the match, if it was all just about me.

There will always be X number of tickets in Carrow Road reserved for casual match by match tickets. A sabbatical seat would just be one of those.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Is there anything else is there to do in little old Narrwich on Saturday anyway!? I thought Gentlemans walk shut up while we all went to the game 🙄

Who knew!?[/quote]

Why don''t you troll off, scummer.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]My seat would be used by Joe Blogs for Blackburn, David Lee for Leeds and Villa, whilst he''s over from Hong Kong. Little Jonny, his first match, and his dad for Villa. It would just be a casual seat, just like over 2,000 over seats in Carrow Road that are not season ticket seats.

Something that should be quite clear is I don''t want special cases for me, I want to improve things for all Norwich City supporters. You wouldn''t do 10 years of away travel for the Capital Canaries, often heading to London train station early on a Saturday morning when you''re not actually going to the match, if it was all just about me.

There will always be X number of tickets in Carrow Road reserved for casual match by match tickets. A sabbatical seat would just be one of those.[/quote]
Would Joe, David, Jonny and his Dad get any Wembley ticket priority that may occur?