Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Season ticket non renewal blacklist

What is the guarantee that any such seats would be reclaimed after a year ot two ?If the team tanked then not only will it have lost season ticket revenue - as outside of the PL pretty much all our games have had empty seatsSo far from adding to the coffers you are subtracting from the income.Whilst you may reclaim your seat irrespective of how the club are doing many may notSo you are giving them all the benefts of a season ticket without the responsibilities.I''m afraid you have not thought this through

[quote user="Flasher Gordon"]"we have 4 seats together and want to keep it that way"so who would have those seats during your year, or two off ?and what would happen to those fans when you wanted to return ?surely such groupings are at a premium ?Matt I fully appreciate where you are coming from, but there are loads of others who have similar tales of ''woe'' regarding ticketsthe club are NOT going to make a special case for you[/quote]

Why is Mat getting attacked over this. He made it clear he suggested it as a scheme the club may look to implement - presumably as part of previous supporter liaison roles due to his role with the Capital canaries. I don''t think its a stupid idea. the Club benefits as they get the full income from selling the seat at matches he does not attend. Its just an extended version of the buy back scheme really. You would perhaps only allow a fan to do it once in an x year period and after they have a season ticket for x years.

Its probably not perfect but its certainly not the worst idea I''ve ever heard and probably a system I would have used myself had it been available.

Why is Mat getting attacked over this. He made it clear he suggested it as a scheme the club may look to implement - presumably as part of previous supporter liaison roles due to his role with the Capital canaries. I don''t think its a stupid idea. the Club benefits as they get the full income from selling the seat at matches he does not attend. Its just an extended version of the buy back scheme really. You would perhaps only allow a fan to do it once in an x year period and after they have a season ticket for x years.

Its probably not perfect but its certainly not the worst idea I''ve ever heard and probably a system I would have used myself had it been available.Perhaps you could point out where he is getting ''attacked''. he is not.He put up a thought on a forum, others have replied.Much as you are doing.Are we to presume that we are ;getting attacked '' ?

I wasn''t aware he was being attacked Jimbo. Folk aren''t going to say "great idea buddy" if they think it''s not a great idea. If nobody else should discuss it with him perhaps a discussion forum wasn''t the place to post it.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]No one is saying you cant have a season ticket, just that if you''ve given yours up when the club isn''t doing so well don''t expect it straight back when fortunes change.

[/quote]

Its called a queue and people join the end of the queue (at that point of time) and move up the queue as new seasons tickets are issued.....thats what happens now.

BTW., people dont renew for a variety of reasons so there shouldnt be any equivalent of a punishment beating if people dont renew their season tickets.

Furthermore, if the season ticket churn is say 5% then on average the whole of the season ticket customer base gets renewed every 20 years.....could the club afford to annoy former season tickets holders who want to come back?

it would also find itself under some sort of charging/questioning over fair contractsI cannot how it would gain in anyway by having such a policybut I can see an awful lot of bad publicity by having it

It does make a nice change that we''re already on page 3 of a post and there have been no personal insults, just discussion on topics related to season tickets.

Nutty Nigel - To answer your question about Wembley priority, those people would be treated just the same as any other casual supporter who attended home matches. No different to if they bought my seat through the BuyBack scheme.

MattNot only could in not work in practice, with the club having nothing to gain but income to lose, but you don''t seem to have taken in the furore this would cause.You and others take a years break then return in the same seats a year later. That would look great if we were promoted. It wouldn''t sit well (no pun) were you or others able to take back your seats in important games up to promotiom. Play off semi''s ... Wembley. Or gfreat cup matches.Most folk know those around them if only by sight, and I''m sure others might not be best pleased to know the club has lost income through having to reserve your seats, in case you might want them back ! I say might, as a lot could happen within a year or two - as your changing circumstamces demonstrate.

This sounds like way too much admin for the club to even consider.

I''m not suggesting your not a loyal fan, because i know you are, and i appreciate that circumstances change throughout life, but it does come across that you want to have your cake and eat it.

Personally I wouldn''t be content potentially sitting next to random people from one week to the next. The familiarity of knowing the fans around you is part of what gives the season ticket its value, although some may disagree depending who you sit next to!!

The club probably see the buy back system as perfectly adequate for people who can''t get to the occasional game. In their eyes, a season ticket is what it says, a ticket for the season.

It''s no different to me having a season ticket (which is what both myself and my wife will have for next season) and over the 23 matches many different people using the seats. I''ll be at a few games, my wife will make a few and we may get a chance towards the end of the season to get to a few together, but for most matches it will either be friends we''ve let use the ticket or random people through the Buy Back scheme.

Paul - I really hope you don''t sit close to me as I don''t want you not feeling content ;-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Matt Juler"]My seat would be used by Joe Blogs for Blackburn, David Lee for Leeds and Villa, whilst he''s over from Hong Kong. Little Jonny, his first match, and his dad for Villa. It would just be a casual seat, just like over 2,000 over seats in Carrow Road that are not season ticket seats. Something that should be quite clear is I don''t want special cases for me, I want to improve things for all Norwich City supporters. You wouldn''t do 10 years of away travel for the Capital Canaries, often heading to London train station early on a Saturday morning when you''re not actually going to the match, if it was all just about me. There will always be X number of tickets in Carrow Road reserved for casual match by match tickets. A sabbatical seat would just be one of those.[/quote]

Would Joe, David, Jonny and his Dad get any Wembley ticket priority that may occur?

[/quote]

What Wembley ticket priority are you talking about NN ?  If you mean the priority for season ticket holders, then Matt has made it clear his proposal is just a casual seat, so obviously he wouldn''t get an ST priority, and the Joe, David etc examples he''s used are also clearly not ST holders.

Matt''s idea makes complete sense to me.  ST holders would have their seats as now, then people could pay £50/season to have an option on a seat and they''d have a pre-sale window to take that option up for any game, after which those option seats go on general sale as now.  The club basically gets money on top of the dosh it already gets from ticket sales.  It''s a bit like a super-membership scheme. 

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It''s no different to me having a season ticket (which is what both myself and my wife will have for next season) and over the 23 matches many different people using the seats. I''ll be at a few games, my wife will make a few and we may get a chance towards the end of the season to get to a few together, but for most matches it will either be friends we''ve let use the ticket or random people through the Buy Back scheme.

Paul - I really hope you don''t sit close to me as I don''t want you not feeling content ;-)[/quote]

If you know enough people to have your ticket when you cant make it then I don''t see what the issue is. You haven''t lost out and you can pick and choose your games.

As someone mentioned earlier it would become interesting if we''re in the Premier League any time soon. Put my name down for the Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United games please ;) ;)

Aren''t season tickets for buy back only available when all casual seats have sold out? My luck on the buy back scheme is poor!

Its a very good starting point but would need some refinement in the details.

Who gets the option of this scheme? Anyone? someone with 5 years worth of Season ticket contribution etc.?

However there are and will always be two issues with this idea.

1) The potential for abuse - Doesn''t matter how many years you have been going, I can''t see how you could police this from being abused from fans that think I will have a year break we got relegated?

2) The potential that the seat doesn''t sell to make up the shortfall in value of the season ticket. Maybe call it a part time season ticket and you have to guarantee you will attend half the games at full price, but then you might as well buy a full season ticket.

In essence, while there is a long waiting list, something like this will not be considered as another person is waiting in the wings and that''s just business, which is what a football club is now.

I don''t think there''s anything wrong with the current system where if you want to go to all the games you buy a season ticket, and if you only want to go to some, you buy casual tickets.

Too simplistic?

Is that true Matt? Would you expect to be treated as a casual if we got to the FA Cup Final? I would have thought, knowing your commitment for so many years, that wouldn''t be the case. If such a thing happened it would be the only time ever and there''d most likely never be another. However unlike other times we''ve been to Wembley casual fans would have no chance a ticket.

If on a sabbatical I don''t believe you should get full season ticket holder privileges. I''d like to think it would have the same priority as a member (or super member as it''s called these days). I''d certainly not expect a guaranteed ticket.

A sabbatical is because you can''t get to games, whether it''s Man Utd, Ipswich or Wycombe Wanderers (although I''d be upset if I couldn''t get a ticket for Wycombe away)!

You also need a reality check as the chances of Norwich getting to the FA Cup final are even slimmer than Norwich introducing a Season Ticket Sabbatical :-)

Yes but I wouldn''t like to chance it Matt. There''s always that hope. It looks a long way off from here but people were saying we''d never again play in PL under these owners in 2009.

The thing with this is that like all similar threads they dont appear in a successful season. The first time i had to take a sabatical was 72/73 our first season in the top flight. Id walked out of school and got a job in Jarrolds which meant i worked nearly every Saturday. Circumstances are rarely considerate of the league norwich are currently competing in.

Sorry Matt I know that was just making the point. Good luck with your special case buddy and if you''re successful let''s hope you don''t miss out on too much. [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think there''s anything wrong with the current system where if you want to go to all the games you buy a season ticket, and if you only want to go to some, you buy casual tickets.

Too simplistic?[/quote]

Nail on head!

if it''s not broken, don''t fix it!

It would be far better if we all bought casual tickets all the time. Massive increase in revenue for the club and this, at a time when fans are so desperate for investment, has to be a good thing.

It would also appease Delia as the finance would be coming from genuine City fans with the good and welfare of the club at heart. I''d suggest a £35 a game flat price throughout the season, maybe upping it to £50 for the likes of Scum and/Or we get a big name cup tie.

Makes perfect sense.

Oh, and NO CONCESSIONS for biddies or students.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]If on a sabbatical I don''t believe you should get full season ticket holder privileges. I''d like to think it would have the same priority as a member (or super member as it''s called these days). I''d certainly not expect a guaranteed ticket.

A sabbatical is because you can''t get to games, whether it''s Man Utd, Ipswich or Wycombe Wanderers (although I''d be upset if I couldn''t get a ticket for Wycombe away)!

You also need a reality check as the chances of Norwich getting to the FA Cup final are even slimmer than Norwich introducing a Season Ticket Sabbatical :-)[/quote]You still haven''t answered how would the club know who was taking a break for genuine reasons and who was just ''swinging the lead'' ?How would it work in the family enclosure ?I can see some of the old guard kicking up a right stink if tickets next to them (Main Stand) were being sold to anyone... hooligans. gobby basteds etcIf you actually sat down and recognised how many problems this might and certainly would cause you would see why it would be a no no from the start.And for the record I am in full sympathy with long term, committed suporters like yourself, but ....

Flashman - For other fans in the ground it''s no different to someone having a season ticket and putting it on buyback or giving it to mates for the whole season, which is effectively what we''ll be doing next season.