Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Delia doesn't understand what all the fuss is about!

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Flashman"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Flash,

Care to explain how the club is going to pay its current wage bill without parachute receipts?

Or are you posting excrement?[/quote]the club receives parachute payments next seasonwhich I am well sure they will have budgeted forodd (or not) that you didn''t know that[/quote]

I am fully aware that we get parachute receipts next season but I am referring to the seasons that follow.

If we dont get promoted next season, then how are we going to pay a wage bill for a competitive squad?

I await your answer with interest.[/quote]

Have we managed to do so before?

I''d much rather someone like Delia interacting like that with the fans, personally, buying a drink etc, than just getting a free drink at the club, from the chairman/owner, like they have, I believe at Leicester.

Hopefully someone from one of the groups is on here and can tell us more about what was said at the meetings after/before the Burton and Sheff Wed games.

I''m still trying to find out why Alex Neil is the anti Christ ? What has he done to deserve this treatment? Judas fans

[quote user="Nemzadze"]I''m still trying to find out why Alex Neil is the anti Christ ? What has he done to deserve this treatment? Judas fans[/quote]

Failed last season when we were relegated from the Prem, and failed this season when he''s had arguably one of the strongest squads at his disposal. Away performances abysmal, home performances often not a lot better. Club now firmly re-established as a mid-table championship team.

I agree with everybody.

Signed Captain Bagtastic and the largest sack of potatoes in the history of chips.

[quote user="Greavsy"]I''d much rather someone like Delia interacting like that with the fans, personally, buying a drink etc, than just getting a free drink at the club, from the chairman/owner, like they have, I believe at Leicester.[/quote]

I wouldn''t give a sh*t. I think on balance I''d probably prefer to win the premier league than have Delia but me a drink.

She was apparently in the pub at Shef telling fans she could understand why anyone would want them to sack Neil and how she wants to unite everyone.

[quote user="Nemzadze"]I''m still trying to find out why Alex Neil is the anti Christ ? What has he done to deserve this treatment? Judas fans[/quote]

He''s not the anti christ he''s just a very poor football manager.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Indy"]To be fair, we have covered the cost of the 8 million shortfall for this season, so in theory we don''t have to sell anyone in the summer. If the board feel like gambling next season they could allow the likes of Mulumbu, Dorrans, Sick Note (Jarvis) Turner, Bassong to leave and drastically reduce the wage bill.

With Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison the Murphy twins, Godfrey & Toffolo we do have some great young players.

If we sold Naismith for a few million to strengthen the coffers we are still in a very good position, so Delias right in that.

But surely even she can see AN isn''t the man to take us forward, we need an experienced manager to nurture the players we have and get the best tactically out the squad.

Remove AN and get in a decent manager and we might just not be so badly off.

If only she''d bring back Bowkett to Chair the club again we might just get back on track.[/quote]

Do you think Klose is going to be here next season? I dont think so, he will be in the premiership or back in Germany regardless of our financial position.

Do you think Dijks will sign permanently for us?

Yes, we can reduce the wage bill by letting the out of contract players go and replace them with cheaper ones.

However a sustained period outside the premiership (i.e beyond the period of parachute receipts) results in many clubs running with loses which they try to mitigate with player sales (if they have good enough players).

May I suggest you look at how much money Ipswich typically lose per season without parachute receipts
and thats not even thinking about the £20m to £23m per season that Nottingham Forest have been losing (although in recent seasons they have been able to sell a few players to mitigate that).

As for Jarvis, nobody else is going to take him off our hands without us paying up his remaining two seasons after this one. I am amazed we gave a well known sick note a three and half season contract!

Finally I agree that Delia / MWJ. should persuade Bowkett to be Chairman again.[/quote]Having about 10,000 more spectators at home games (which pretty much applied even when we were down in the third tier) indicates our fans base would keep on providing us with considerably larger gate receipts than Ipswich Town for several seasons at least.

But wouldn''t anywhere near cover the c£5m that Evans injects every season just to keep 1p5wich locked into chump mediocrity. Yes, we have some player assets we can dispose of over the next 18 months. But, with a brief to balance the books, we''ll soon become a mediocre chump team at best. With Neil in charge of the transition we will be playing tier three football - or worse - over the coming seasons.

I doubt we will continue to get 26,000 every week if we have a prolonged spell in the championship Purple. It was a bit different last time we went down, all hands to the pump so to speak. Doesn''t feel the same now, a lot of long term fans are highly disillusioned and I can see a lot of people switching to buying tickets on a casual basis if we remain the the champ after next year and there is no hope on the horizon re investment/ownership.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I doubt we will continue to get 26,000 every week if we have a prolonged spell in the championship Purple. It was a bit different last time we went down, all hands to the pump so to speak. Doesn''t feel the same now, a lot of long term fans are highly disillusioned and I can see a lot of people switching to buying tickets on a casual basis if we remain the the champ after next year and there is no hope on the horizon re investment/ownership.[/quote]Jim, I don''t disagree with that. I was careful not to say we would keep all those fans permanently. How much disillusionment (leading to action, which is the question) there is, though, is hard to assess. There is a great deal in cyberspace. But cyberspace does not reflect fans overall. And what is said in cyberspace does not always equate to action.

[quote user="Indy"]If only she''d bring back Bowkett to Chair the club again we might just get back on track.[/quote]You could equally claim that our decline hastened when Stephen Fry left the board or Elliott Bennett moved on.

I''d be interested to know what the waiting list is like for season tickets these days. It''s always difficult to get the mood of the fan base but it does feel more apathetic than I remember.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I think on balance I''d probably prefer to win the premier league than have Delia but me a drink.

She was apparently in the pub at Shef telling fans she could understand why anyone would want them to sack Neil and how she wants to unite everyone.[/quote]Was she three sheets to the wind?

It does seem that there is a huge difference from McNally and Bowkett to the current set up (and from the Doncaster days compared to McNally and Bowkett)

I''m not naive enough to suggest that they were responsible for all good and Delia all bad, but you can''t deny the club seemed to be in a better place with more direction

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It does seem that there is a huge difference from McNally and Bowkett to the current set up (and from the Doncaster days compared to McNally and Bowkett)

I''m not naive enough to suggest that they were responsible for all good and Delia all bad, but you can''t deny the club seemed to be in a better place with more direction[/quote]We were a yo-yo club then and we are one now.

Lambert was the main reason we did well. Bowkett didn''t seem to know a lot about football (he was enthusiastic about having Gunn in charge). McNally picked one big winner (ie Lambert), and two absolute turkeys (ie Hughton and Neil).Lambert made us money (not always realised). Both McNally and Bowkett oversaw an incredible waste of money.

[quote user="Greavsy"]@Len

What would you describe as a waste of money??[/quote]Van Wolfswinkle for starters.

Instead that applying hindsight though Len??

Don''t disagree it turned out to be a waste, but we were all excited when he signed.

Naismith was perhaps a worse purchase. Old and not likely to have much resale value.

Again with hindsight though Len, surely?

If we''d stayed up last season, he wouldn''t be in focus.

I wasn''t pleased when he signed Greavsy. Lambert probably wouldn''t have got players like Mulumbu, going for younger, hungrier players instead. We need to get back to that.

I think he needs to play more of the younger players we currently have, Pritchard, Maddison, Godfrey etc, we will the see if they are hungry too.

Agree we need to sign a different style of player now, to what was needed for premiership survival/ season.

Len,

Alan Bowkett wasn''t Chairman when Gunn was appointed, Roger Munby was, who I believe I am correct in saying, advised against the appointment but was a lone voice.