Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Delia doesn't understand what all the fuss is about!

[quote user="Len"]Lambert was the main reason we did well. Bowkett didn''t seem to know a lot about football (he was enthusiastic about having Gunn in charge). McNally picked one big winner (ie Lambert), and two absolute turkeys (ie Hughton and Neil).Lambert made us money (not always realised). Both McNally and Bowkett oversaw an incredible waste of money.[/quote]

Wow. I don''t post here much but I can''t let that go. Hughton and Neil were "absolute turkeys"??

You must be a child or an adult with no memory or awareness. Hughton, at the time of Lambert''s departure was a good pick. You forget that when a manager leaves or is sacked, the hardest task of all is finding an AVAILABLE alternative. That is the hardest job that any football club will have. Especially those that aren''t Man Utd or Chelsea or Barca or Real who can have whoever they want. For everyone else, you have to find someone and bird brain fans think that when a manager leaves you just replace him with someone "better". Wtf?

As such, finding a manager after Lambert''s departure who could keep us in the Premier League the season after was the ONLY priority and that is precisely what Hughton did. That he failed the next season had more to do with transfer choices than Hughton himself.

Sacking Neil Adams with the club 9th or 10th in the league and replacing him with someone who took us from their straight to the Premier League was f***** master stroke, any way you cut it. The stewardship of the club during these times and of course in the years preceding that took us up through the leagues put us on as secure a financial footing as we have known. Challenges lie ahead and the transfers have not always worked out (others have) but that''s football. To say McNally wasted money at the club is just about the most laughable comment I''ve heard.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

She was apparently in the pub at Shef telling fans she could understand why anyone would want them to sack Neil and how she wants to unite everyone.[/quote]

Did anyone challenge her on this?

Yep, good old Delia and those halcyon days of league one.... how dare we the fans moan about HER club...

The bare faced cheek to want the best for something you have given money & time for over 40 years.

Laughable...

[quote user="a1canary"]That he failed the next season had more to do with transfer choices than Hughton himself.[/quote]Absolute Horse$hit.Hughton specifically identified our striker targets (Hooper and RvW), and in RvW''s case had been watching him for some time, so it wasn''t a forced transfer of a player he didn''t want.He set about getting us playing the most defensive, dire, dross I''ve seen in the past 30 years, gave the forwards ZERO supply, we conceded MORE under his ''defense oriented'' approach whilst scoring less because of it, and he was DIRECTLY responsible for the decisions which lead to our relegation.He sold Holt, released Martin, ostracized Fox, and spent a hell of a lot of money on players who didn''t fit his tactical style of play and formation approach, and you want to claim that it''s NOT his fault....Jesus wept!

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Len"]Lambert was the main reason we did well. Bowkett didn''t seem to know a lot about football (he was enthusiastic about having Gunn in charge). McNally picked one big winner (ie Lambert), and two absolute turkeys (ie Hughton and Neil).Lambert made us money (not always realised). Both McNally and Bowkett oversaw an incredible waste of money.[/quote]

Wow. I don''t post here much but I can''t let that go. Hughton and Neil were "absolute turkeys"??

You must be a child or an adult with no memory or awareness. Hughton, at the time of Lambert''s departure was a good pick. You forget that when a manager leaves or is sacked, the hardest task of all is finding an AVAILABLE alternative. That is the hardest job that any football club will have. Especially those that aren''t Man Utd or Chelsea or Barca or Real who can have whoever they want. For everyone else, you have to find someone and bird brain fans think that when a manager leaves you just replace him with someone "better". Wtf?

As such, finding a manager after Lambert''s departure who could keep us in the Premier League the season after was the ONLY priority and that is precisely what Hughton did. That he failed the next season had more to do with transfer choices than Hughton himself.

Sacking Neil Adams with the club 9th or 10th in the league and replacing him with someone who took us from their straight to the Premier League was f***** master stroke, any way you cut it. The stewardship of the club during these times and of course in the years preceding that took us up through the leagues put us on as secure a financial footing as we have known. Challenges lie ahead and the transfers have not always worked out (others have) but that''s football. To say McNally wasted money at the club is just about the most laughable comment I''ve heard.[/quote]This is a ridiculous post. What you''re saying is that we can''t afford a proper manager despite having been in the Premier League for four seasons recently.We''ve wasted millions on deadbeats, many of whom are costing the club an arm and a leg because we can''t get rid of them. But I suppose according to you it''s all bad luck!From the CEO who''s here for five minutes after an expensive and exhaustive search by a managerial recruitment firm, to the failed window where we didn''t have a recruitment team in place, the club has been badly mismanaged.If you took your head out of the sand you might see what countless other fans can clearly see, ie the club is in a shambolic state.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="a1canary"]That he failed the next season had more to do with transfer choices than Hughton himself.[/quote]Absolute Horse$hit.Hughton specifically identified our striker targets (Hooper and RvW), and in RvW''s case had been watching him for some time, so it wasn''t a forced transfer of a player he didn''t want.He set about getting us playing the most defensive, dire, dross I''ve seen in the past 30 years, gave the forwards ZERO supply, we conceded MORE under his ''defense oriented'' approach whilst scoring less because of it, and he was DIRECTLY responsible for the decisions which lead to our relegation.He sold Holt, released Martin, ostracized Fox, and spent a hell of a lot of money on players who didn''t fit his tactical style of play and formation approach, and you want to claim that it''s NOT his fault....Jesus wept![/quote]^^^ this!! ^^^

Delia is the biggest happy clapper of all.

I imagine she enjoys watching our games, knows a bit about football, but as long as she gets to see a decent match every so often she''s satisfied.

No real ambition to further the club, it was under McNally''s guidance that we finally tried to show some ambition and drop the "little Norwich" tag.

"The brief is to keep out of the

bottom three and that is what we are doing. We will not contemplate

relegation, in a sporting sense it is worse than death," McNally said.

"I

would prefer death rather than relegation. There is nothing more

important than keeping this football club in the Premier League. We are

all focused on that."

I suppose the propect of a 2nd ''death'' was too much for him.

Maybe you look at things from Delias point of view........

4 out 6 seasons in the top league, full house, a board made up of similar minded people, AN & staff thankful for being at a club our size, 70% of the city faithful made up of Saturday afternoon customers happy to get out and watch a game of football.

She gets free food, entry for the past 21 years, rubbing shoulders with high profile people, free publicity for her business interests and it''s her club. Not bad investment what estimated 8 million over 21 seasons. I wonder how many other owners have invested so little in 21 seasons?

Good luck to her a lovely lady who I personally have a lot of time, but for my footballing interests after 40 years of ups and downs it now bores me to make the effort.

I hope those who get my season tickets get 40 years of pleasure I got, Bond, Walker Lambert to name three great managers.....

[quote user="Indy"]Maybe you look at things from Delias point of view........

4 out 6 seasons in the top league, full house, a board made up of similar minded people, AN & staff thankful for being at a club our size, 70% of the city faithful made up of Saturday afternoon customers happy to get out and watch a game of football.

She gets free food, entry for the past 21 years, rubbing shoulders with high profile people, free publicity for her business interests and it''s her club. Not bad investment what estimated 8 million over 21 seasons. I wonder how many other owners have invested so little in 21 seasons?

Good luck to her a lovely lady who I personally have a lot of time, but for my footballing interests after 40 years of ups and downs it now bores me to make the effort.

I hope those who get my season tickets get 40 years of pleasure I got, Bond, Walker Lambert to name three great managers.....[/quote]I wonder how many other owners have invested  so great a percentage of their wealth.

Who knows Purple but if you can''t afford something you either don''t buy it or sell it, I''m pretty sure it''s paid her back in the 21 years not to mention the share value now.

[quote user="Indy"]Maybe you look at things from Delias point of view........

I hope those who get my season tickets get 40 years of pleasure I got, Bond, Walker Lambert to name three great managers.....[/quote]

Fancy sticking it through Hamilton, Grant, Roeder, DeWaard, Dervekd, Diop, Carney, Gow, Rossi Jarvis, Theoklitos, Whaley, Jarrett, Drs Hamilton, Garry Brady, Askou, Maric, Strihavka, Walsh, Cottee, Carey, Thorne, Brown, Sharon, Coney, Beckford, Emblen, Easton and the Doc and jacking it in now.

Attention seeker.

I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Len"]Lambert was the main reason we did well. Bowkett didn''t seem to know a lot about football (he was enthusiastic about having Gunn in charge). McNally picked one big winner (ie Lambert), and two absolute turkeys (ie Hughton and Neil).Lambert made us money (not always realised). Both McNally and Bowkett oversaw an incredible waste of money.[/quote]

Sacking Neil Adams with the club 9th or 10th in the league and replacing him with someone who took us from their straight to the Premier League was f***** master stroke, any way you cut it. The stewardship of the club during these times and of course in the years preceding that took us up through the leagues put us on as secure a financial footing as we have known. Challenges lie ahead and the transfers have not always worked out (others have) but that''s football. To say McNally wasted money at the club is just about the most laughable comment I''ve heard.[/quote]This is a ridiculous post. What you''re saying is that we can''t afford a proper manager despite having been in the Premier League for four seasons recently.We''ve wasted millions on deadbeats, many of whom are costing the club an arm and a leg because we can''t get rid of them. But I suppose according to you it''s all bad luck!From the CEO who''s here for five minutes after an expensive and exhaustive search by a managerial recruitment firm, to the failed window where we didn''t have a recruitment team in place, the club has been badly mismanaged.If you took your head out of the sand you might see what countless other fans can clearly see, ie the club is in a shambolic state.[/quote]

No. I see a club that isn''t being successful right now. Like every club on earth, they have periods of success and periods without success. Fans seem to think success is a right.

My contention is only with your suggestion that McNally wasted money at the club and that Hughton and Neil were ''absolute turkeys.'' If Hughton was that, how is he about to lead a different club to promotion? I believe Neil will be successful again too just like Hughton, at Norwich or elsewhere. McNally bought the club back from financial ruin to financial stability so to complain that he sanctioned a few unsuccessful transfers is ridiculous.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

To be fair Double N, she was sticking with Gunn until the Colchester farce. That was not ambitious to stick with a manager who had relegated us.

@Donkey Dangler

This post might be a little late, but to answer your original question re: parachute payments.

They are split evenly over 3 seasons. We do not get one large parachute payment upon relegation, and then nothing after. To imply that we are donzo funzo after this season is just ignorant. We get 25K+ every game more than a majority of the teams in the championship, and even more than some teams that would (probably) get relegated in this time frame.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

So very true but you also forgot the scandalous vote of "no confidence" in them at the same time.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

To be fair Double N, she was sticking with Gunn until the Colchester farce. That was not ambitious to stick with a manager who had relegated us.[/quote]
Don''t fall for that Pops. Doncaster and Munby resigned in the May. The owners then re- appointed Gunn so he could assemble a football team for the season ahead. and went about the business of finding new executives to run the club. In the June they appointed McNally as CE and then persuaded Bowkett to be Chairman. They then ran the club and stuck with Gunn until the Colchester game. Surely the owners played that right? Or would you have suggested they appoint a new manager and then look for people to run the club?

[quote user="Matt Hopkins"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I would have thought Delia has more ambition than the posters on here and other fans. People like to refer to the one season out of twenty we spent in league one as if it''s the benchmark for the whole twenty. Yet when we were relegated to league one Delias ambition got us all the way back to the PL. The best us fans could come up with was a resolution to punish the club by depriving them of money. These facts spoil a good fairytale but they''re also undeniable.[/quote]

So very true but you also forgot the scandalous vote of "no confidence" in them at the same time.[/quote]
Indeed but none of the subsequent success came about through fans interference. It was in spite of it. And that would be a good thing to remember now.

Nutty it also came about from Delia taking a complete step back from running the football club and allowing McNally and Bowkett to do everything and, I would argue, it came about almost entirely due to that appointment of Lambert which worked out better than anyone could have imagined. I spoke to Delia in a pub on the day lambert was appointed and she didn''t even know his name because she said McNally had sorted it all and they were not getting involved on the football side any more.

For all the good things McNally and Bowkett did it was primarily the success Lambert brought on the pitch that has enabled the off pitch team to make us debt free and (for now) financially stable.

If you take Delia''s 21 years as a whole then the record is pretty average (if you excluded the period she took a back seat it looks even worse but that would be churlish so we won''t) certainly in comparison to Chase who of course was hugely maligned.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Nutty it also came about from Delia taking a complete step back from running the football club and allowing McNally and Bowkett to do everything and, I would argue, it came about almost entirely due to that appointment of Lambert which worked out better than anyone could have imagined. I spoke to Delia in a pub on the day lambert was appointed and she didn''t even know his name because she said McNally had sorted it all and they were not getting involved on the football side any more.

For all the good things McNally and Bowkett did it was primarily the success Lambert brought on the pitch that has enabled the off pitch team to make us debt free and (for now) financially stable.

If you take Delia''s 21 years as a whole then the record is pretty average (if you excluded the period she took a back seat it looks even worse but that would be churlish so we won''t) certainly in comparison to Chase who of course was hugely maligned.[/quote]I filled my whole bingo card in from just that one post.

PS I don''t subscribe to the theory that Delia has ever had bad intentions or is evil in any way. I am grateful for what she has done in the past. I do, however, feel that they may be losing their way of late and letting ideology/stubbornness/sentiment get in the way of progress and what may be best for the club and I do really fear for what Tom may inherit and his ability to deal with his inheritance if we are a championship club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Nutty it also came about from Delia taking a complete step back from running the football club and allowing McNally and Bowkett to do everything and, I would argue, it came about almost entirely due to that appointment of Lambert which worked out better than anyone could have imagined. I spoke to Delia in a pub on the day lambert was appointed and she didn''t even know his name because she said McNally had sorted it all and they were not getting involved on the football side any more.

If you take Delia''s 21 years as a whole then the record is pretty average (if you excluded the period she took a back seat it looks even worse but that would be churlish so we won''t) certainly in comparison to Chase who of course was hugely maligned.[/quote]
Well there you go Jimbo. Proof from the horses mouth that Bowkett and McNally persevered with Gunn until the Colchester defeat[Y]
If you think Delia took a step back only then though you''re mistaken. She did the same with the board and Roeder, Gunn, Lambert, Hughton and now. Right from 1998 Delia vowed to have a team run the club and that''s what she does. She obviously does attend board meetings and we''ve been told the owners ask searching questions of the executive directors and you''d expect them to do so. And of course they have two votes on the table.Trouble is she''s right for taking a step back when we''re winning and wrong for taking a step back when we''re losing. This fits nicely with good times aren''t anything to do her and bad times are all her fault. It''s just a load of old pony.

Woman and her family are not fit to run this club , shes run it into the ground once and will do again . Any protests Saturday should be directed at her Alex Neil wouldnt be here now if it was not for her .

I do love peoples perspective on their slants. It''s great to see.👍

Well from the information you know and been told, Nutty, then there''s always another side to every story isn''t there.

Still I wasn''t being specific to you in my comment more generic matey.

Well let''s just say I could back most things up with quotes. But of course they could be lies. However I don''t think so.

But like when someone comes on here and claims Delia used to support Ipswich. That''s just a lie. It has no basis whatsoever and you have to wonder at what their motive could be.

Don''t start on me now Nutty, Jesus have you got some agenda, what Greavsey won''t play with you anymore!

Grow up old boy!