Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Delia doesn't understand what all the fuss is about!

I''m not fu  ked offSeen this over excited whining too many times beforeI''ve also seen far far worse times than this. Times when the club was as good as bankrupt.Did the fans wallow in self pitying whining then ?No, they rallied round and kept the club aliveThe club that you now believe should deliver guaranteed success

Sure the club''s been in worse situations.
But the club''s never been in as bad a situation, so soon after a sustained period in the most lucrative league in the world, during a period where we earnt enough money to wipe out the club debt and spend x amount on international players.
It''s not the situation itself that people are annoyed about, it''s the legacy that''s been squandered to get to this point and the apparent indifference and acceptance of the owners as to our predicament.
It''s only at the AGM that we were hearing "Promotion Promotion Promotion". Now that that is a fantasy, where are the repercussions, where''s the response?

squandered ?yep, no players left, no emerging youthnothing

[quote user="Flashman"]squandered ?yep, no players left, no emerging youthnothing[/quote]

Give it time with AN in control....Klose off in the summer and good young players will be sold as they emerge in order to keep the club running.

AN is not in control in the sense you are trying to spin itthe rest is similarly.... shyte

Whether that person is telling the truth or not, i genuinely believe Delia doesnt know what the fuss is about.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Flash,

Care to explain how the club is going to pay its current wage bill without parachute receipts?

Or are you posting excrement?[/quote]the club receives parachute payments next seasonwhich I am well sure they will have budgeted forodd (or not) that you didn''t know that

To be fair, we have covered the cost of the 8 million shortfall for this season, so in theory we don''t have to sell anyone in the summer. If the board feel like gambling next season they could allow the likes of Mulumbu, Dorrans, Sick Note (Jarvis) Turner, Bassong to leave and drastically reduce the wage bill.

With Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison the Murphy twins, Godfrey & Toffolo we do have some great young players.

If we sold Naismith for a few million to strengthen the coffers we are still in a very good position, so Delias right in that.

But surely even she can see AN isn''t the man to take us forward, we need an experienced manager to nurture the players we have and get the best tactically out the squad.

Remove AN and get in a decent manager and we might just not be so badly off.

If only she''d bring back Bowkett to Chair the club again we might just get back on track.

[quote user="Flashman"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Flash,

Care to explain how the club is going to pay its current wage bill without parachute receipts?

Or are you posting excrement?[/quote]the club receives parachute payments next seasonwhich I am well sure they will have budgeted forodd (or not) that you didn''t know that[/quote]

I am fully aware that we get parachute receipts next season but I am referring to the seasons that follow.

If we dont get promoted next season, then how are we going to pay a wage bill for a competitive squad?

I await your answer with interest.

More to the point DD, will our esteemed BOD still be so hostile to outside investment, I would hazard a guess that they will be a little more open to discussion.

Or just accept the fact you are a championship team .. look at arsenal 10 - 2 agg against Bayern Munich .. its dying system in England . An ATM machine for foreigners.

[quote user="Indy"]To be fair, we have covered the cost of the 8 million shortfall for this season, so in theory we don''t have to sell anyone in the summer. If the board feel like gambling next season they could allow the likes of Mulumbu, Dorrans, Sick Note (Jarvis) Turner, Bassong to leave and drastically reduce the wage bill.

With Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison the Murphy twins, Godfrey & Toffolo we do have some great young players.

If we sold Naismith for a few million to strengthen the coffers we are still in a very good position, so Delias right in that.

But surely even she can see AN isn''t the man to take us forward, we need an experienced manager to nurture the players we have and get the best tactically out the squad.

Remove AN and get in a decent manager and we might just not be so badly off.

If only she''d bring back Bowkett to Chair the club again we might just get back on track.[/quote]

Do you think Klose is going to be here next season? I dont think so, he will be in the premiership or back in Germany regardless of our financial position.

Do you think Dijks will sign permanently for us?

Yes, we can reduce the wage bill by letting the out of contract players go and replace them with cheaper ones.

However a sustained period outside the premiership (i.e beyond the period of parachute receipts) results in many clubs running with loses which they try to mitigate with player sales (if they have good enough players).

May I suggest you look at how much money Ipswich typically lose per season without parachute receipts and thats not even thinking about the £20m to £23m per season that Nottingham Forest have been losing (although in recent seasons they have been able to sell a few players to mitigate that).

As for Jarvis, nobody else is going to take him off our hands without us paying up his remaining two seasons after this one. I am amazed we gave a well known sick note a three and half season contract!

Finally I agree that Delia / MWJ. should persuade Bowkett to be Chairman again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Heard somewhere that Delia is going to meet fans in the Nelson on Saturday after the match ;-) according to twatter.[/quote]Perhaps someone will offer to buy her a pint [:D][/quote]Get her to drop in The Stracey Graham as apparently the place is full of moaners on a match day. So say those who have never been to find out. [:P]

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 7:35 PM:

Heard somewhere that Delia is going to meet fans in the Nelson on Saturday after the match ;-) according to twatter.

Didn''t she meet some in the pub at Burton away?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Heard somewhere that Delia is going to meet fans in the Nelson on Saturday after the match ;-) according to twatter.[/quote]Perhaps someone will offer to buy her a pint [:D][/quote]Get her to drop in The Stracey Graham as apparently the place is full of moaners on a match day. So say those who have never been to find out. [:P][/quote]

Delia would never be seen somewhere with such a disreputable past.

National treasures don''t visit knocking shops.

Sorry DD I was just pointing it out from her perspective, we don''t know the long term finances better than the board, yep we can best guess, but that''s all.

I was just playing devils advocate, I''m all for new ownership and change, but the reality is that it''s not next season which the club need fear, they could still make a good financial go to get up.

Are we really surprised? She appears to think the PL is too greedy. We are apparently a ''community club'' whatever that means. Presumably, we can fulfill that mandate perfectly well in league one or two which is all good and well given our current trajectory of decline.

@Greavsy

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 08/03/2017 7:35 PM:

Heard somewhere that Delia is going to meet fans in the Nelson on Saturday after the match ;-) according to twatter.

Didn''t she meet some in the pub at Burton away?

Yes she did, and at Sheff Weds, seems to do that 2-3 times a season, usually to meet supporter groups, fair play to her and MWJ, can''t see the sheiks of Man City or Thai''s of King Power doing that.

My lad saw her in the pub at Burton, but I wasn''t aware if it was an ''official'' visit, as you describe.

Wasn''t aware of the Sheffield Weds one.

Thanks for confirming Lessingham.