Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Hoolahan

Im interested in peoples opinions on what to do with the super maestro Wessi next season

I like most NCFC fans think Wes is a great player, probably our most creative on his day and a joy to watch....however

Assuming somehow we can offload Naismith in the summer (I don''t dislike him - but assume a big earner) we still have some very bright talents in Pritchard and Maddison who would both like to play in the number 10 role.

Should we now be looking to build our side around a ''pritchard'' and the murphy bro''s? or is it to soon?

I cant make my mind up, clearly we need to start to plan for the future and build a newer, hungrier team but I cant emotionally let Wes go!

No room for sentiment in football big O, its big business now.

I''d like him to remain at the club in some role, but if his playing days are coming to an end, the club has to move on.

sadly for me as a AM has not scored or created enough goals

yes he makes the midfield tick but we need more the midfield needs to tick itself with a goalscoring AM maybe maddison is that man

No sentiment at all for me, just outright plain fact in my eyes that Wes is still our best player. While he still plays better than the rest he keeps the shirt.

Ok, we haven''t seen Maddison yet but when we do he has to take his chance. He can''t just be handed it.

You would like to think that the waiting Maddison is currently doing would make him hungrier, and keener to keep hold of the shirt, if and when he does get it.

Hopefully our younger, for the future players don''t get fed up waiting, and far cough elsewhere.

I guess that''s what I''m worried about our younger players not playing and leaving. However Wes is Wes!

I figure some of this will figure itself when the manager situation stabilises but id like to think we have a core of quality young players ready to come and push into the team next year.

That''s the key tho, big O keeping everyone on the fringes happy, so they are snapping at the heals of the player in the shirt currently, ready to take it off him.

What you don''t want is fringe player to not think he would get a fair crack becoming disillusioned and leave. Canos anyone?

Oh who would be a manager eh?

The only criticism of Wes is that he doesn''t score enough as a number 10. However, totally agree that he is still our best player and if he did score more he''d be at an Arsenal / Liverpool quite easily.

With a half decent manager in place we could slowly phase Pritchard / Maddison into the role as Wes can only really have 1 or 2 seasons left in him at this level. Best leave it there though as with a half decent manager we''d be challenging the top 2.

I''ve seen Maddison at Aberdeen and was very impressed. I think with him and Pritchard we have more than enough cover for Wes in that role. Wes has been a great player for us (probably one of our best) but his "going" days get less and less each season.

I''d be happy to start next season giving the likes of Toffolo, Maddison, Murphys, Pritchard and even Morris all a fair crack.

Dread the day Wes hangs up his boots, will be a sad loss to football at Carrow Rd, however think he will feature next season but will progressively see less and less of him as the other come through, lets continue to enjoy him while we can.

says everything about this season Wes remains the best midfielder we have and by some margin. If he wants to stay we should keep him, but rest him more often, rarely use him after 60 mins and never have him on the bench. Have him around to get the best out of maddision and pritchard.

He will have a role to play but given his age I suspect it will drift more to support than first choice. His fitness levels are great but he will be 35 in the next season which tells its story. Pritchard and madison have to be the future

Could have been his last season if any of our other AM''s proved to be better than him but for god knows how many seasons and counting Wes has come out on top.

Keep.

What is this obsession with age.

Wes is as good as ever. Hughton underestimated him and AN does as well. Why the insistence on dropping him for away games?

He can still do it and the stats kind of point to us winning more games with him in the team.

Until Pritchard proves he is more worth in the team than Wes then he is second in the queue.

I''m not sure if Maddison is similar to Wes. From what I saw he looked more of a playmaker in CM.

Before we get too emotional about Wesley, am I daydreaming or didn''t he seek to get a move to Villa at one point and then failed to celebrate scoring goal against them and described the club as a pile of poo (or words to that effect)?

So OK it would be wrong to bang on about things like that, but it should be analysed objectively not emotionally. He still has value in my mind but maybe not as first choice for all games. I think having the option between WH, JM and AP is a great position to be in once we get a manager who knows how to exploit their various capabilities.

It''s not wes'' fault another member of the team cannot take his place in the team

It''s their job to kick him off the throne