Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

What do the majority think?

How big is the Neil out movement? If you read on here and other sites you would think it was massive yet so far this season we have had Boo''s at half time/full time and some chants. Remember when we lost at home under Bryan Gunn and we had people throwing their season tickets at him? Protests outside the dressing rooms used to happen-how does the current mood compare to then? When will we get to the stage of Neil out banners in the crowd? Would that help get the boards attention when they look left to the Barclay or snake pit? Would it make any difference? These are strange times-I cannot think of another time where so little has been said by the board and such underpeformance has not been addressed.

And there have been virtually sell outs of season tickets for the last decade of which four have been spent in the Prem and three others have involved promotion.

I think people are voting with their credit cards. And that is fair enough. That doesn''t stop many others wanting the manager removed.

Thing is I am hardly supporting the club in a fiscal sense apart from shirt buying etc and I only have an opinion, so the Ayes have it.

I assume he will remain until it is mathematically impossible for us to get into the play offs and then there will only be a few games left so he stays until the end of the season and take his money and go elsewhere.

tricky974 wrote the following post at 09/03/2017 7:45 PM:

I assume he will remain until it is mathematically impossible for us to get into the play offs and then there will only be a few games left so he stays until the end of the season and take his money and go elsewhere.

You would be assuming wrongly. He is, and I quote "here to stay"

i think most normal supporters recognise that nothing is going to happen this season, and that the club are certainly aware of discontent amongst a lrage number of supporters.I think those same supporters are also aware that childish protests will achieve diddly squat and are only for those with a limited knowledge of the game and imagine that somehow they should be copying other supporters at other clubs.Clubs like Forest, Coventry, Blackburn, Charlton who have a real genuine greviance, not an exagerated sense of expectation.  And those having a tantrum outside Carrow Road should not be surprised that others not only don''t agree with childish foot stamping but are going to say so forcefully.Get behind your club and your team, because AN is here until May for certain, so you need to decide if you are a supporter or a glory hunter.

glory hunting associated with supporting Norwich City...

I never thought i''d see the day..............

And those having a tantrum outside Carrow Road should not be surprised that others not only don''t agree with childish foot stamping but are going to say so forcefully.

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

I think we''ve got eight more years by which time the club will be much closer to the community with local derbys against the likes of Norwich Utd. So let''s clap our remaining 50 games or so in the chumps before tier three for a year. After all we''re little old Norwich and wouldn''t wish to big a big club like Bournemouth, Burnley or Swansea.

Actually I''m afraid it might be more serious than that.

Loads of people are simply losing heart and have become apathetic. They don''t want Neil here and yet they know he is staying for this season and probably next. That is causing them to feel disassociated with the club and that their views and feelings are not being considered. Hence the quiet atmosphere, the lack of any real Neil out chants. Just resigned mumbling.

Spoke to my boss, long standing season ticket holder who lived and breathed NCFC, before the Bristol game. Asked him if he thought we would win and his response? "Can''t say I''m that bothered if I''m honest"

I''m about where your boss is Hairy I''m ashamed to say. I''m waiting for some kind of communication from the club about its vision and what kind of ideas we have ahead. I could then re-engage again more fully but at present I feel resigned and less interested than I have in many years. I listened to the Bristol game but when they equalised I just thought that it was typical. So count me in one of the many resigned supporters ....it''s a job for life of course being a supporter but you find other things to do. Like coming on here and posting. It will make no difference. What the club needs right now is a complete refresh. Doesn''t look like the board will communicate. It''s like a Soviet version of running a club with Neil part of a ten year plan. Fans don''t figure anywhere.

Talk is cheap.

And I don''t think a lot of what is expressed on social media necessarily reflects the majority opinion of match goers.

That really doesn''t read like a Mr Chops post. Its as if someone has hijacked Chopsy''s account. I wonder who........😉😉

How would one go about " hijacking" an account?

Does it involve a handgun, a list of demands and instructions to fly it to Beirut?

I think the majority of supporters attending games are season ticket holders most of whome have been going for a long time. They are not happy but a long way from giving up their tickets. In reality there is little they can do. There is always a modest number of tickets that are given up each season probably most for non footballing reasons. The casual ticket attendees may dwindle and the size of the season ticket waiting list. At the current direction of travel I see not revolution but season tickets well under 20000 in a few years

The majority are at least numb to our failure this season. Those who buy a season ticket for next season can expect a painful journey, like cattle on the way to the abattoir.We have no choice but to be butchered by Auntie Delia, Uncle Mike and Nephew Tom. They stand there smiling as we await our fate.

To be fair it does feel likes its bubbling under the surface and it all it will take is a poor home performance to set it off.

This squad needs a rebuild but I suspect next season the coffers will be pretty empty. The only players we have of reasonable value are the youngsters who we will want to keep. I see lots of players leaving at the end of the season either for free at the end of their contracts or in cut price deals to try and get their hefty wages off the books eg klose and Naismith. If we concentrate our modest funds on some championship defenders and give youth a chance we may do better than a lot think. Even there a considerable time in the championship and possibly lower awaits unless we unearth another inspirational manager

Why are those people unhappy and talking of protest labelled as childish?

Just as I am labelled dinosaur for wanting 4-4-2 from an apparent bygone era, maybe the ones wanting to protest are from an era where success is all that counts.

I have an opinion that Carrow Road can seem like the set of The Stepford Wives. I believe that Norfolk people (I''m one but moved away) overall do not have the outward passion of other areas such as Liverpudlians and Geordies and assume anything involving protest is punishable by isolation.

[quote user="Flashman"] i think most normal supporters recognise that nothing is going to happen this season, and that the club are certainly aware of discontent amongst a lrage number of supporters.I think those same supporters are also aware that childish protests will achieve diddly squat and are only for those with a limited knowledge of the game and imagine that somehow they should be copying other supporters at other clubs.Clubs like Forest, Coventry, Blackburn, Charlton who have a real genuine greviance, not an exagerated sense of expectation.  And those having a tantrum outside Carrow Road should not be surprised that others not only don''t agree with childish foot stamping but are going to say so forcefully.Get behind your club and your team, because AN is here until May for certain, so you need to decide if you are a supporter or a glory hunter.[/quote]
But you''re painfully wrong.
History under this board indicates one home game with the fans turning and ''protesting'' against AN would be enough to get rid of him.

It''s a bit of a conundrum. We all want to support the team, but to do so and celebrate a scratchy win can just prolong things. I still recall that home game against Burnley when there were some cheers when they scored. It wasn''t pleasant but it lanced a boil and Worthy was sacked after a dramatic post match board meeting. It almost seemed more shocking as in my view Norfolk folk are quite, well, "stoic" and it takes a lot to turn us. This can be interpreted as accepting the situation, but I do feel that with the Archant journos now becoming increasingly bold in their criticism that there is a lot bubbling under. And for the first time a gathering momentum against Delia as well which in the past had been quite a small minority. Does it really have to get to the stage when some seem to wish for a poor performance or even a defeat (as per Burnley) with its short term pain but with a long term recovery in mind? I hope we don''t get to that point.