Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Dodgy streams and Kodi

This is in reply to the same topic on Reddit. The point about UK Law is something that crossed my mind to. Have to say, with the amount of Apps now available for Android Kodi''s days are numbered anyway IMO.

-------------------------------------------------

Every article like this is just adding to the Streisand effect. Sooner or later, Kodi will be as recognizable as Sky Sports itself. Good on BBC for letting readers know the difference between Kodi, the platform software, and third party add-ons.

As usual, there are no technical details provided or reported, so I have to assume that nothing will happen. It''s too easy to capture a TV signal and send it anywhere on the planet; UK laws don''t apply to a server farm elsewhere.

Music and film are accessable and affordable.Football isn''t...Kodi is a free and legal service and if the authorities could stop streams they would do.If I put 2 identical pairs of designer jeans infront of you, one I daid you could have for free and one I said were £50 which would you take?

Kodi itself is free. It''s just an application which enables streaming.
The streaming providers / apps however are illegal. 

Kodi is free and legal, much like torrenting software is, how you use and what you access with said software is where legality comes into question.
However it is worth noting that so far the average person is really only at risk of being caught when using torrenting software, not downloading or streaming direct from a server. Though I''ve noticed a rise in apps that look like streaming services but are actually torrenting.
Having said all that though, I would highly recommend getting a good VPN [:)]