Sign in to follow this  
Steve Mortlock

I am not a Lisbiean !!! or a Huckerbian

What is the deal with this guy.  He has been dreadful for us so far and we should seriously send him back rather than make him a 3 month loan.  I think perhaps he may just be a stop gap until Leon can sort himself out and get back to fitness.  The miss against Town was woeful and he looks as if he is in another game sometimes.  Come on Leon we need you back very soon. 

And yesterdays replacement of Paul Mcveigh to accomodate the needs of the underwhelming Darren Huckerby was a shocking decision.  PM looks so comfortable in the hole behind the front men, and has shown he has more than one dimension to his play.  He gets about defences and picks holes in them, for the midfield to exploit. 

What I have noticed this season is that we look much more of a threat without huck and we seem to play better football without huckerby.  For me Jim Brennan has been superb on the left and the play has not been aimed down the left all of the time.  Jim has the ability to track back and defend, as well as switch play over to the opposite flank.  He is also not shy of heading the ball either. 

We seem to stop playing football as soon as huck comes on.  It is straight down the left hand side and we become painfully predictable and one dimensional.  We play better as a unit and carve out far more chances when he is not playing.  Huckerby can run with the ball and is very quick, but how many of his passes are accurate and how many times do you see him shoot(ipswich aside). 

If Worthy was to take anyone off yesterday it should have been Lisbie.  Paul Mcveigh must have been guttd and rightfully so.  Mcveigh is a grafter and Huckerby isnt.  I cannot understand how everybody sings the praises of a player who wants everything on a plate and is unwilling to work hard for the team (Hucks that is)

Im expecting a right slating for my critcism of Hucks, but hopefully there are purists out there who would agree.  

i am not bothered how long we keep Lisbie. I think if mckenzie was on form he would be better. I think we should go back to playing hux up front so the rest of the team can keep balance aswel

[quote]What is the deal with this guy. He has been dreadful for us so far and we should seriously send him back rather than make him a 3 month loan. I think perhaps he may just be a stop gap until Leon can...[/quote]

did you watch the first half we were crap.readings keeper never had one shot to save.i wont slate you, you are entiteled to your opinion.

Spot on. I''ve been saying it since the Man City game when we scored twice and looked very threatening going forward. Although on that occassion the defence were up to the old trick of letting the opposition have 2-3 goals. Same has happened this season, when Hucks is out of the team we''ve looked so much better. If you really have to play Huckerby stick him in the middle like he was when we first got him. Some thought that this season he would tear defences apart, but he''s predictable even Northamptons defence could handle him. He needs a strong leader and manager to tell him that he has to stay close to his strike partner if he is going to be a main feature of the team in the future.

[quote]Spot on. I''ve been saying it since the Man City game when we scored twice and looked very threatening going forward. Although on that occassion the defence were up to the old trick of letting the oppo...[/quote]

Although I agree with everything you have said Steve (Especially about him being quite a lazy player) There is one easy solution to our problems when he is on the pitch. Stop attacking through him every single time!! When he is on we give him the ball every time and expect him to do things. We look better without him as we spread the ball (Something Mcveigh helps with). We should play hucks, but not always give him the ball, so defences cant just gang up on him.