Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

I almost expected he would be gone today

Guess not.

I struggle to think of anyone that has been given as much time and money as him, no matter what club.

And the only thing i can think of is that they have looked at how Chris Hughton has gone on after getting the sack by us.

Maybe they think he ( Neil ) will turn out well in the end.

But it has already been probably the most failed expensive gamble in our history.

But old Teflon still continues to trip and stumble along without

Fear for his job.

Honestly, its baffling in the extreme.

Part of me expected that too, but I''m not surprised it hasn''t happened.

It will be a relief when it does, as it does have a feeling of inevitably about it now.

Do we really know the full problem, is it Alex or are some players being @r$e holes???

A new manager turns things around with little input of new players at Chelsea and the same so called cr@p manager starts a good turnaround at MUFC

So is it the club the players or the manager???

Players will only act like as#### if you allow them to !

do you honestly think the players would be like this with Big Sam or Sir alex or jose ? no because they would respect the Manager

AN has shown he has no idea what to do now the players egos are growing out of control

RE Man U: its made slightly easier when you can call on players like Zlatan, Rooney, Pogba and De Gea.

If our players really aren''t playing for the manager, or "the coaching team" as Jerome said, the first person who would go is the manager, regardless of who''s fault it is.

The owners signalled their desire for a manager to be in post for a decade. We have many more years of the current management team''s failure to endure on that basis.

"norfolkngood wrote ''Players will only act like as#### if you allow them to !

do you honestly think the players would be like this with Big Sam or Sir alex or jose ?''.

As we saw last season with Chelsea, then yes players can act like that with Jose. Only Ferguson seemed infallible, and he got rid of any at the first opportunity who were upsetting the applecart. But many of his players had grown up with him from their teenage years, and I think that had a bearing on things - perhaps NCFC''s vision for the future is the same what with the many good young players we seem to have coming through the ranks. Nevertheless, I will be gutted to see the likes of Howson, Pinto and Oliveira go, and they will, as the summer clearout won''t all go our way. I actually think we''ll see the biggest squad change that we''ve seen in many a year at Carrow Rd.

But back to the first point, look at proven respected managers like Wenger, Klopp etc - even they are not getting the best out of their respective players. Perhaps player power has grown too great in the game nowadays, it seems like there''s been a shift in recent years for sure - it''s already cost Ranieri his job, and he won''t be the last.

Any other club with the investment AN has had over last two years and yes he would be gone. But unfortunately Delia et al have stated we are stuck with him long term , equivalent of telling Russell Martin he can be captain and center back forever, oh no forgot he still is wouldnt know it during the game.

So we can only hope Bristol do a Sheffield and even Delia will have to see what the vast majority of fans know AN couldnt even manage the youth team!

I genuinely think they are deluded f**king idiots who think Neil is talented and can rebuild the squad and that the players are to blame.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Do we really know the full problem, is it Alex or are some players being @r$e holes???

A
new manager turns things around with little input of new players at Chelsea and the same so called cr@p manager starts a good turnaround at MUFC

So is it the club the players or the manager???[/quote]I suspect that is much the case, as Jerome as good as stated.However it does not lessen AN''s responsibilty as manager.What has shocked me as the appalling marking from the defence. Time after time our players are ball watching, rather than keeping close to ''their'' player. Nothing suggests they are using zonal marking... which is about as much use as each fielder in cricket standing equidistant to each other.So why are the opposition getting to the ball first when it should be at least 50/50 ? And why are some doing something different to what they have been coached all week (as per Jerome''s comments) ?

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Do we really know the full problem, is it Alex or are some players being @r$e holes???

A new manager turns things around with little input of new players at Chelsea and the same so called cr@p manager starts a good turnaround at MUFC

So is it the club the players or the manager???[/quote]

Some of the players have let themselves down but ultimately that comes down to whether they truly respect and are playing for their manager. I think they saw through this bullying little clown a long time ago.

My understanding is that he will not be sacked, which says how parochial our board really are and have no interest whatsoever of moving the club forward.

The only plus is that I wasn''t looking at Twitter this morning for a story I knew would not break.

The club sadly is currently a joke and the majority shareholders are to blame. Their inaction is almost bringing the club into disrepute as Neil''s press conferences go from terrible to disgrace.

This is far, far worse that the Chase era, which least we forget, for the most part was very good. Just shows how the ambitions of the average fan has changed since the 90''s.

[quote user="CJ"]Any other club with the investment AN has had over last two years and yes he would be gone. But unfortunately Delia et al have stated we are stuck with him long term , equivalent of telling Russell Martin he can be captain and center back forever, oh no forgot he still is wouldnt know it during the game.

So we can only hope Bristol do a Sheffield and even Delia will have to see what the vast majority of fans know AN couldnt even manage the youth team![/quote]I may have missed it but I don''t believe she has said that. In the interview in The Times she said ideally she would like to have a manager for ten years, but she was talking theoretically, and not specifically about Neil. She was not guaranteeing him the job for a whole decade.For me Smith and Jones have made one really indefensible decision in their 20 years in charge, and that was not sacking Gunn after relegation (I thought  giving him the job in the first place was a mistake, but not obviously a really awful choice). If Neil is kept allowed to stay as manager for next season that will rival the mistake of keeping Gunn on..

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Dorset Canary"]Do we really know the full problem, is it Alex or are some players being @r$e holes???

Some of the players have let themselves down but ultimately that comes down to whether they truly respect and are playing for their manager. I think they saw through this bullying little clown a long time ago.[/quote]
Where does this bullying allegation come from Jim?
Or is it you just losing the plot as usual?

Keeping Neil on I would now say is even worse than Gunn because the stakes are far higher. There is no logic in keeping Neil on whatsoever, but when you have amateurs running a professional organisation, indecision is final.

[quote user="komakino"]Keeping Neil on I would now say is even worse than Gunn because the stakes are far higher. There is no logic in keeping Neil on whatsoever, but when you have amateurs running a professional organisation, indecision is final.[/quote]
If 20 years experience of running a football club makes them amateurs then what would be a guy who just stepped off a slow boat from China?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Dorset Canary"]Do we really know the full problem, is it Alex or are some players being @r$e holes???

Some of the players have let themselves down but ultimately that comes down to whether they truly respect and are playing for their manager. I think they saw through this bullying little clown a long time ago.[/quote]
Where does this bullying allegation come from Jim?
Or is it you just losing the plot as usual?
[/quote]

I''ve said this before, though not used the word bullying. I think senior players like Klose, Naismith, Ruddy, Wes and possibly Martin - are no longer responding to the style of management and coaching that AN uses. I don''t think they believe AN, Frankie McAvoy and Ricky Martin have the relevant skills to coach them. We all remember the days of the ''wee chat'' when he arrived. I think they''ve seen through that and no longer respect him.

That said, the players have responsibility to themselves (and everyone else at the club) to deliver when they''re on the pitch.

One thing that struck me on Saturday''s Channel 5 prog was yet another manager singing Alex Neil''s praises. Despite the embarrassing defeats we have had to witness all season there seems to be no shortage of those within the game, who supposedly have far better knowledge than the rest of us, ready to extoll his virtues and point out how lucky we are to have him, and how we should stick with him.

I''m not defending him, just making an observation. Unlike many on here I don''t profess to know the answer, (if I did I would be making a fortune in the PL) but I am pretty sure that just changing the manager will not solve our problems. Something is obviously very wrong, and needs sorting, but I don''t think for one minute that there is a quick fix. I reckon we are in for a period of upheaval, whoever is in the dugout.

[quote user="Sooty57"]One thing that struck me on Saturday''s Channel 5 prog was yet another manager singing Alex Neil''s praises. Despite the embarrassing defeats we have had to witness all season there seems to be no shortage of those within the game, who supposedly have far better knowledge than the rest of us, ready to extoll his virtues and point out how lucky we are to have him, and how we should stick with him.

I''m not defending him, just making an observation. Unlike many on here I don''t profess to know the answer, (if I did I would be making a fortune in the PL) but I am pretty sure that just changing the manager will not solve our problems. Something is obviously very wrong, and needs sorting, but I don''t think for one minute that there is a quick fix. I reckon we are in for a period of upheaval, whoever is in the dugout.[/quote]
Within the game our owners are probably the most popular too. They are known as proper football owners and hugely respected. Go figure...

He is here for the long term and will oversee the rebuilding in the summer window. Let''s hope he is up to the task as next season is realistically our least real chance to get it right

Sorry, to expand on my previous post, I assume Ricky Martin is not involved in day to day coaching of the team and of course I missed out Alan Irvine and Dean Kiely.

Alan Irvine appears to have a very good reputation within the game so doubt the players look down on him, Woodman, but you do make some interesting points - I always wondered if the players might see Big Frankie for instance as a bit, and I''m trying not to sound disrespectful here but, ''tinpot'' for our level?. Maybe we''ll do better next year with the kids coming through at least.

And I''m very pleased Delia etc kept Gunn on because ultimately it led to a chain of events that I will remember as amongst the best ever times as a Norwich City supporter - we''re around the 10 year anniversary, no? 😉

[quote user="Alex "]And I''m very pleased Delia etc kept Gunn on because ultimately it led to a chain of events that I will remember as amongst the best ever times as a Norwich City supporter - we''re around the 10 year anniversary, no? 😉[/quote]

True but we can''t rely on another fairytale turnaround if we go down to L1 again!

My guess is also that quite a few of the players have lost the belief that AN knows how to manage them.  I think we saw this in the way the team collapsed so easily into that awful run having been top of the league.  Then there was a bit of a resurgence when it became clear the manager wasn''t going to be sacked and our home form turned around - the players realised they had to make an effort regardless of their feelings about the manager.  Now I think what we''ve seen is that the squad know nothing''s going to be achieved this season and some of them have lost heart altogether.

For me on Saturday, in attack most of our players looked like they had never played together before... and defensively we were as bad as we''ve been all season.

As I mentioned before the game, my in-laws include a few Wednesday fans.  I didn''t get too bad a ribbing after the game actually, probably because 5-1 doesn''t really need to be rubbed in, it would probably have been worse if we''d lost by 1 goal.  But they are genuinely puzzled as to why we still have the same manager.

[quote user="Sooty57"]One thing that struck me on Saturday''s Channel 5 prog was yet another manager singing Alex Neil''s praises. Despite the embarrassing defeats we have had to witness all season there seems to be no shortage of those within the game, who supposedly have far better knowledge than the rest of us, ready to extoll his virtues and point out how lucky we are to have him, and how we should stick with him. I''m not defending him, just making an observation. Unlike many on here I don''t profess to know the answer, (if I did I would be making a fortune in the PL) but I am pretty sure that just changing the manager will not solve our problems. Something is obviously very wrong, and needs sorting, but I don''t think for one minute that there is a quick fix. I reckon we are in for a period of upheaval, whoever is in the dugout.[/quote]

I can''t ever remember seeing a manager on a programme like that saying another manager should be sacked. It would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

I''m not saying AN should be sacked right now, just making an observation LOL.

It reminds me of after the relegation to L1, when we were thrashed by Chelmsford.  Of course, the quick fix option didn''t work then ... no, wait a minute...

Cue someone to say there''s no guarantee a new manager would be an improvement.  If so, can you give me a guaranteed solution to the club''s current plight ?

[quote user="It''s Character Forming"]

[quote user="Sooty57"]One thing that struck me on Saturday''s Channel 5 prog was yet another manager singing Alex Neil''s praises. Despite the embarrassing defeats we have had to witness all season there seems to be no shortage of those within the game, who supposedly have far better knowledge than the rest of us, ready to extoll his virtues and point out how lucky we are to have him, and how we should stick with him. I''m not defending him, just making an observation. Unlike many on here I don''t profess to know the answer, (if I did I would be making a fortune in the PL) but I am pretty sure that just changing the manager will not solve our problems. Something is obviously very wrong, and needs sorting, but I don''t think for one minute that there is a quick fix. I reckon we are in for a period of upheaval, whoever is in the dugout.[/quote]

I can''t ever remember seeing a manager on a programme like that saying another manager should be sacked. It would be a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas.

I''m not saying AN should be sacked right now, just making an observation LOL.

It reminds me of after the relegation to L1, when we were thrashed by Chelmsford.  Of course, the quick fix option didn''t work then ... no, wait a minute...

Cue someone to say there''s no guarantee a new manager would be an improvement.  If so, can you give me a guaranteed solution to the club''s current plight ?

That someone would be Morty but he''s not aroend, nor is the thread about his absence, Whas gorn on?

Nutty Nigel you asked what a Chinaman off a slow boat would bring compared to Dumb and Dumber our current owners? He would be an improvement whatever he brought as we are sliding back to the bad old days and surely even you can see that!