Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Good luck and best wishes Alex

Well said, GD.  I''m not overjoyed to see him gone like some are and I wish him all the best too.  Can''t fault his commitment or his honesty - and he gave us a fantastic promotion run in - the best end to a season ever.  Shame it hasn''t worked out, but onwards and hopefully upwards. 

I agree, now he has gone I hold no grievance against him.

Always seemed like a decent and honest guy. Sadly just out of his depth in the end.

He could still be a great manager if he goes down a league or two and develops his managerial ability, tactics and player management skills.

Bets of uck to him for the future

As others have said, always came across as an honest and decent guy, and quick to admit when he''d screwed up.Football''s a fickle business, but he should get an opportunity at another club.

I can only assume there''s been a pretty major development in the last few days, otherwise it seems like a totally stupid time to get rid.

If he has lost the dressing room, why not do it a few months ago when there was actually a chance of salvaging the season?

I''m hoping for a positive announcement, otherwise it seems like a staggeringly bad case of timing.

Best of luck Alex, a great first 6 months here, but perhaps getting the respect of our prima donna players was a bridge too far for you this season.

I''ve got a feeling might not see much improvement from this bunch of players; a huge clear out needed methinks.

He must be wondering why he was set up with a press conference only to be sacked afterwards.

I wanted him removed but not this way. At this stage I can only assume he stepped out of line somewhere this afternoon probably involving some of the players.

Please don''t let it be Irvine who has stabbed him in the back.

Alex Neil you were a breath of fresh air and got us going all the way to that glorious playoff final. The premier league, lack of success in transfers, small minded board and your inexperience have put us on the back step. All the best for the future .

Yup wish him all the best, all a bit odd after his press conference but he will have a nice payoff and will get another job im sure. Lets get behind Irvine who will probably get the gig……

Best of luck to him.

Can''t help feel he was pretty shafted by the board allowing him to take the pre match presser.

Yes Good Luck Hamilton have struggled since you left, best to go back and try again.

I always felt this was all too soon for him