Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

It's The Puppet Man.

It may as well be because whoever takes up the poisoned chalice in 12-18 months time this board will be baying for his blood.

In the end, they all end up puppets of Delia. Or clowns. Or clueless.

Even the likes of Neil Adams that have us our Norwich back, Alex Neil who, crap season, relegation and ultimate sacking aside, gave me my favourite day as a City fan.

I took my boy to Wembley and we won with a display that was so dominant that Delia must have been on holiday. He deserves the sack but there''s bugger all to celebrate until we find out what comes next and even then (like Neil replacing Neil Adams), how long before the next one becomes as clueless as the man he replaced?

Be interesting to see what happens now. Do they go Rowett or Warburton? Out of work, never managed at Prem level. Do we chase down a Pardew? Loads of experience but a little bit of a Cnut. Do we go for Woy? Expensive, experienced, internationally renowned and respected but Delia''s pal which obviously costs him any credibility at all? Someone suggested Cory? Upwardly mobile.....but flip me, cheap option would be bandied around until he won the Champions League.

I''d take Ranieri. Nice bloke, big rep, expensive but out of work, made champions out of chumps...but if he came here that would show a distinct lack of ambition. The exact opposite of what the fan base wants.

So, I''ll ask, who? Who would unite the fans and club?

Probably only Paul Lambert - hopeless everywhere since he left.

Sums it up for me.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Should say Cowley, not Cory[/quote]Might be some while, given the talk or restructuring, and the fact we already have a decent ''caretaker'' already in place

Whoever it is Duncan the peasants wont be happy.

[quote user="Flashman"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Should say Cowley, not Cory[/quote]Might be some while, given the talk or restructuring, and the fact we already have a decent ''caretaker'' already in place[/quote]

As soon as I heard I said to my mate that it''ll be Irvine until the end of the season. (Hope I''m wrong). But it seems the season is now agreed "over" and the rebuild begins. Not sure I want Irvine but I reckon he''ll get off to a flying start tomorrow.

One point; normally I''d expect the team to be known by manager and players alike well in advance of the fixture so they can (cough) rehearse set pieces etc.

Will tomorrow be Alex Neil''s selected or is the Irv gonna swerve and do something a bit different?

All good points Duncan and change was needed. Even the most blinkered happy clapper must have been getting a bit twitchy about our downward spiral. Whoever gets the short straw the club and manager are ultimately on a hiding to nothing so the best we can hope for is someone who with luck will generate a bit of success for a few years.In the end it''ll all go t*ts up either by failure or by having heads turned by bigger outfits than ours. We then move on to the next one.Like it or not that''s just the way it is.