Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Alex Neil - Things he did right

Get out of that crap English team called Norwich city ..bunch of clueless farmers ..enjoy relegation to league 1.

Led us on a run of P25 W17 D4 L4 when winning the playoff final. Great first impression at Bournemouth when our 10 men beat them away from home.

Gave us a great day at Wembley and a great performance where we suffocated Middlesbrough brilliantly.

I''m done.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Led us on a run of P25 W17 D4 L4 when winning the playoff final.

[/quote]

Anybody half decent should have got that squad up in 2014-15.

[quote user="Nemzadze"]Get out of that crap English team called Norwich city ..bunch of clueless farmers ..enjoy relegation to league 1.[/quote]

Will be watching the English pack trample those Scottish pussies into the Hallowed Twickenham turf while listening to the second half of us free scoring against Blackburn now that yet another Scottish failure has gone

And sent him homeward

Tae think again

And you sponges can have independence anytime you like Taffy.

Developed the Murphys, and signed Godfrey, Maddison and Pritchard. Good young players who could be real assets to the club under the right manager. Sure there were plenty of dud signings along the way, but he made signings for the future as well as poor ones for the present.And the playoffs in 2015, of course... what a time to be alive.

I can''t help but feel it''s a bit like Wengers 20 years at Arsenal sandwiched into 2 years

Started brilliantly, led the team to highs.

Then things started to go wrong, but it''s ok because fans remembered what he had done.

Then things started to go badly wrong, could not arrest the slide and then started to alienate players and fans. Ended up being remembered for what he had become, not what he had done.

I personally really liked his attacking philosophy. At times under his reign we did play some really exciting football but it has always been our defending which has let us down. That problem existed before his time and it''s something which we will need at least another transfer window to sort out, having squandered so many opportunities. I hope we can get in a manager with the same attacking mind set, but also knows how to sort out our frailties at the back.

SDP can you finally ban this useless bellend who thinks Scottish football is the pinnacle of sporting great nemzadee at last?

Took us up via Wembley.

Beat the binners in the playoffs.

Signed Pinto.

Blooded the Murpheys.

Signed Brady, and sold him for a profit.

Acquired some talented youngsters for the clubs future, time will tell!!

Clearly instilled the necessary mentality to go away from home and win games in the half of the season he was here to get us promoted.

just cannot understand how whatever those methods were 2 seasons ago have failed so badly to translate into this season.

From one of our best sequence of away results in our history....to one of our worst

He did pretty much everything right until midway through the game at Newcastle last season.That destroyed his confidence and changed the way he approached games, so totally against his beliefs he became more Hughtonesque than Hughton.And if that wasn''t enough after a promising start exactly the same thing happened again this season - same fixture, same players, same Manager, same outcome.Has never been the same since - different attitude, different mindset, different outlook.Everything he had going for him completely blown out of the water and he could never recover from the same body blow twice.

A bit early for this. When Alex Neil replaced Neil Adams nobody would accept Adams had done anything right. But this week I''ve seen posts claiming he got loads right. Even to the point of crediting him with turning us around that December. Which I agree with BTW.
So ultimately Alex''s rehabilitation will depend upon how things go with the new manager.

[quote user="Making Plans"]He did pretty much everything right until midway through the game at Newcastle last season.That destroyed his confidence and changed the way he approached games, so totally against his beliefs he became more Hughtonesque than Hughton.And if that wasn''t enough after a promising start exactly the same thing happened again this season - same fixture, same players, same Manager, same outcome.Has never been the same since - different attitude, different mindset, different outlook.Everything he had going for him completely blown out of the water and he could never recover from the same body blow twice.[/quote]Agree with all of that, people forget that we had a decent first half of the season in the Premiership. Seen a whole lot of teams under a whole lot of managers, most with far more experience than AN go into similar tail spins that they can`t pull out of. Personally would have liked to see him stay and given full rein to have the clearout this squad needs but we move on and I wish him and his young family all the best.

Active and involved at pitch side, always standing.

Honest during interview & accepted responsibility.

The play off''''s and final.

I always got the impression he gave 100%.

That first 6 months or so in the job were special. In that time he could do no wrong. The PL season was largely poor but in all honesty expected. This season though was his downfall and performances were far from acceptable. In time he will be remembered fondly for what he did for the club and one of the best days in the clubs history. I hope like Hughton has that he goes on to have success in his career elsewhere