Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Inclusion

Virtually all the suggestions for the new manager / director of football have been white middle age English men.

What would the list look like if we had Rooney''s law, where ethnic minorities are to be part of the interview process.

Also, with the popularity of women''s football, how would you feel if a woman hot one of the jobs?

Am I missing something? Why should somebody be considered for a job just because of his skin colour or his/her gender?

I would want the best man for the job.

Paul Ince isn''t in management. Not because of his skin colour, but because he''s a crap manager who threatened to knock a match official out...

I''ve seen Hughton mentioned which isn''t going to happen, but other than that the list is rather predictable.

We need to be looking at employing a lesbian from an ethinic minority (possibly an assylum seeker?). That would solve all of our problems.

[quote user="Les"]Are you saying you want a hot woman appointed? ??[/quote]

Don''t you want a hot woman for the job?

Rogue -

Am I missing something? Why should somebody be considered for a job just because of his skin colour or his/her gender?

Rooney''s law in the states says minority groups have to be interviewed.

I understand that, but not sure if I agree with he logic.

''Hello, welcome to the interview. By the way, we have 3 better candidates we have already interviewed but law states we have to interview you based on your skin colour''

I''m not sure it really helps the case it''s trying to put forward. You should be interviewed and appointed on merit, regardless of anything else.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I understand that, but not sure if I agree with he logic.

''Hello, welcome to the interview. By the way, we have 3 better candidates we have already interviewed but law states we have to interview you based on your skin colour''

I''m not sure it really helps the case it''s trying to put forward. You should be interviewed and appointed on merit, regardless of anything else.[/quote]Agree with this. I''ve never been a fan of ''positive discrimination''.

If I recall correctly, the feedback and experience from the process is seen as beneficial for the candidates moving forward.

Number9

If I recall correctly, the feedback and experience from the process is seen as beneficial for the candidates moving forward.

Cruel, so they can apply for other jobs they are not going to be considered for either.

If people have the appropriate qualifications and skill set yet are constantly being knocked back because of race, then perhaps the system is wrong?

It''s something which is applicable to us because we have appointed relatively inexperienced managers in recent history. They must have had qualifications but not extensive experience, so the board may well do it again, especially if a DOF has oversight.

We have a hot woman at the helm don''t we?