Sign in to follow this  
he

Bradley Johnson

I was shocked to see Bradley Johnson sold by manager Alex Neil at the time. Why on earth would you sell your midfielder when he scored 15 goals the season before? Very strange decision. Could he just created a few of those goals in the PL than we would have stated up. To sell Johnson I would say was in the same level of bad choice as to let Iwan Roberts and Malky Mackay go by Nigel Worthington about a decade ago. All the players mentioned above was one of the important backbones in the team and almost unreplacable because of their role and what they meant to the team/squad.

There was an earlier post about BJ, in which DDD In The Fine City wrote :

We received the enquiry from Derby a few days before deadline day and it was rejected even tho the money was good, Johnsons agent knew of this so Alex and Johnson had a meeting as he wanted clarification on his position in our team, he was told he wouldn''t be guaranteed many starts in the prem as Neil wanted more width in both wide positions to counter prem full backs being able to get forward, johnson then decided he wouldnt mind going to talk to Derby and with the money so good the club decided to go with the deal, the transfer was his choice as he wanted first team football the club were happy for him to stay

Straight from the manager

He also said he was surprised fans were moaning saying Bradley could have still started for us but playing centre midfield instead as when he played there two years previous under Hughton most fans singled him out as a weak link, which we did.

Greavsy wrote the following post at 11/03/2017 12:06 AM:

There was an earlier post about BJ, in which DDD In The Fine City wrote :

We received the enquiry from Derby a few days before deadline day and it was rejected even tho the money was good, Johnsons agent knew of this so Alex and Johnson had a meeting as he wanted clarification on his position in our team, he was told he wouldn''t be guaranteed many starts in the prem as Neil wanted more width in both wide positions to counter prem full backs being able to get forward, johnson then decided he wouldnt mind going to talk to Derby and with the money so good the club decided to go with the deal, the transfer was his choice as he wanted first team football the club were happy for him to stay

Straight from the manager

He also said he was surprised fans were moaning saying Bradley could have still started for us but playing centre midfield instead as when he played there two years previous under Hughton most fans singled him out as a weak link, which we did.

That''s not the story from people within the club...

It came from the manager and someone that would have been in any meeting that took place, does it get anymore from the club? But you did a bit of work for another play and saw johnsons kid in a kit haha

If he had gone elsewhere and replicated the form he showed for us that season, naturally we should have regrets.

However, he hasn''t even come close to it and had never gotten to those heights before, either. A wonderful season and some fantastic goals from Bradley that year, but all-in-all I would say he moved on at the right time for a good price.

That being said, I wonder what a left side of Dijks -Johnson would have gotten up to...

I thought his exodus was a bad move at the time and have seen nothing since to make me revise that opinion.

DDD In The Fine City wrote the following post at 11/03/2017 9:59 AM:

It came from the manager and someone that would have been in any meeting that took place, does it get anymore from the club? But you did a bit of work for another play and saw johnsons kid in a kit haha

You have no idea what you''re talking about.

Probably wouldn''t have noticed his absence if Brady had played like he cared.

Had the season of his life in Champs. Not good enough for premier league by a stretch which was leaguer we were playing in when we sold him.

Not set the world alight at Derby, back to being average Champs player. At the time, correct decision to sell. I''d have him back now but you don''t keep a player in case you get relegated. Similar story to Chris Martin a few seasons before.