Sign in to follow this  
king canary

An Evening with Ed Balls tonight.

[quote user="king canary"]Anyone else wishing they had a ticket now?[/quote]Well if there''s one person you''d want in front of a live audience on the day we sack our manager, it''s got to be the career politician, right? [:)]

I''m struggling to understand why anyone would part with hard earned cash for this!? Although I would like to ask him if it''s just coincidental that our fortunes have plummeted since he''s been on board?

I see tickets prices were between £99 and £55. No confirmation on whether Ed will wear his sparkly dance costume though.

Ticket sales for this have been bang average. Usually '' celebrity '' evenings like this are a 450 sell out but i understand only 225 have been shifted.

Devastated I am unable to attend. To pay £55 to £99 to be there is cheap at half the price. Wonder if there''s ''Reds'' for a quid?......I''m inconsolable......Ho hum, will just have to watch the rugger instead.....

Do they normally have as many as 450 for a meal? Didn''t realise the venue was that big. Must be a lot of empty seats tonight then.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Do they normally have as many as 450 for a meal? Didn''t realise the venue was that big. Must be a lot of empty seats tonight then.[/quote]Sorry PP as i should have said 350 not 450 but still 125 empty seats. [:$]

"Mr Chairman, could you please explain what happened yesterday?"

"Now before I answer that question could I just say that with the shrinking pound, demands on the NHS, disgraceful treatment of the self employed and Crufts being on this week, I have had little contact with the club, but promise to ask for a public inquiry into all aspects of this. And before I go on, could I just say that I will be asking Jeremy Corbyn to resign over his ineptitude when replying to the Chancellor''s budget that did little to help the working people of this country. Next question?"

A roundup on the Pinkun homepage now...

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex_neil_sacked_ed_balls_praises_alex_neil_s_dignified_reaction_to_sacking_at_event_1_4927040?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

From WOTB - "

Balls shared insights last night

4 hour scheduled board meeting yesterday

No where close to 2 million pay off

Similar discussion 3 months ago but decided to stick with him out of loyalty and because we are Norwich

All the board are fans and feel it like we do

AN came into board meeting at end, spoke with dignity and thanked everyone involved

Seems reasonable to me

Posted By: admckechnie on March 11th 2017 at 09:37:47"

Link from Pinkun home page -  [url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex_neil_sacked_ed_balls_praises_alex_neil_s_dignified_reaction_to_sacking_at_event_1_4927040[/url]

“Ed really down played the money side of it and said money had no

part in the decision, but that it was recent performances that

influenced it, particularly at Burton and Sheffield Wednesday.”

And

when asked about the odd timing of the news - the Scotsman had held a

press conference detailing his future plans earlier on Friday - Mr Lewis

said that was a key question for the audience.

“Ed said there was

no intention for it to be any slight on Alex Neil,” he said. “The board

meeting was long scheduled for 2pm and it was just unfortunate that he

was giving a press conference at the same time.

“I got the impression that nobody knew he was going to talk about his summer plans.”

So, who do you believe, Balls or Wyett with regards the reasons for his sacking?

The timing according to Balls was because the meeting was at the same time as the conference.

Believe a failed Ex Politician/Government Minister?......Yeah, as honest as they come......Delia backed him to the hilt when he was seeking re-election as an MP......Unfortunately, the voters didn''t......Never mind, Politics have lost a genuine and sincere chap - but we''ve got a super unpaid Chairman! Win, Win, WIN!

Mello Yello wrote ''Believe a failed Ex Politician/Government Minister?......Yeah, as honest as they come......Delia backed him to the hilt when he was seeking re-election as an MP......Unfortunately, the voters didn''t......Never mind, Politics have lost a genuine and sincere chap - but we''ve got a super unpaid Chairman! Win, Win, WIN!''

Don''t believe an ex politician/government minister, but you''d believe a newspaper reporter for The Sun? Much of a muchness I think...

You can think what you like.....Would ''Where are you Ed'' be our Club Chairman if he was still in serious politics?......Would Neppers Tom be appointed a Director off our club (and all he has to offer) if he wasn''t a relative of the Matriarch?......What if Delia''s chum Mick Dennis had written that piece.....Would you have nodded in agreement or believed what Ed....said?.....Yeah, much of a muchness isn''t it......

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]From WOTB - "

Balls shared insights last night

4 hour scheduled board meeting yesterday

No where close to 2 million pay off

Similar discussion 3 months ago but decided to stick with him out of loyalty and because we are Norwich

All the board are fans and feel it like we do

AN came into board meeting at end, spoke with dignity and thanked everyone involved

Seems reasonable to me

Posted By: admckechnie on March 11th 2017 at 09:37:47"

Link from Pinkun home page -  [url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex_neil_sacked_ed_balls_praises_alex_neil_s_dignified_reaction_to_sacking_at_event_1_4927040[/url]

“Ed really down played the money side of it and said money had no

part in the decision, but that it was recent performances that

influenced it, particularly at Burton and Sheffield Wednesday.”

And

when asked about the odd timing of the news - the Scotsman had held a

press conference detailing his future plans earlier on Friday - Mr Lewis

said that was a key question for the audience.

“Ed said there was

no intention for it to be any slight on Alex Neil,” he said. “The board

meeting was long scheduled for 2pm and it was just unfortunate that he

was giving a press conference at the same time.

“I got the impression that nobody knew he was going to talk about his summer plans.”

So, who do you believe, Balls or Wyett with regards the reasons for his sacking?

The timing according to Balls was because the meeting was at the same time as the conference.

[/quote] Based on Balls'' account, which makes sense, both could be true. Neil could have outlined these plans to Delia and the other board members at some time before yesterday afternoon (with them not going down well at all), and then blithely talked about them to the press while the board meeting was going on.And if that is the case then the flak the club is getting for bad timing  is unjustified. The argument is that Neil''s comments to the press were based on him having just been assured his job was safe, and so sacking him straight after was cruel.If Wyett is right, and his plans to the board went down like a lead balloon, then him talking them up publicly soon afterwards doesn''t look like him having been assured of job security. If anything it looks like an attempt to box the directors into a corner by talking as if his job was safe, when he knew it wasn''t.That said I very much doubt Wyett is right that Neil''s future plans were the only reason for his sacking, and that results had nothing to do with it. Much more likely that it was a combination of factors, with the lousy results being as important as any of the others.

I find that hard to believe. What loyalty? The supporters are the loyalty.

And what is we are Norwich? Greenpeace? Medecin sans Frontieres? Samaritans?