Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Alan Irvine's team vs Blackburn

With everything else going on, I will be keen to see what team he picks, as in the past, when an interim manager takes over, it can be that he picks a new look team (depending on personal choice, obviously, but also internal ''strife''?), and slightly varying tactics. Irvine being the Coach before, then tactics may not vary, but as has been mentioned , he has a free hit today, so............

Could be an interesting atmosphere today, both on and off , the pitch

The killer question, be fascinating to see what pops up at 2pm.

I found it a struggle to fully understand the logic behind Neil''s teams and his tinkering.

The next question is, substitions?

I my opinion, Neil''s substitions were usually too late, a reaction to going behind rather than managing the game situations and being proactive.

Anything could happen.

Personally I think, as previously discussed on this forum, that the team would have already been picked and gameplans worked on this week etc.

However one thing I am interested in seeing is who plays in goal, as that would be a less disruptive to change.

Ruddy is in my opinion the best keeper at the club, but let in a few and had a couple of dodgy displays recently, however McGovern is seen as ANs man, and whilst a good shot stopper, they don''t stick. After listening to ANs post match interview Tuesday, McGovern was a sure starter today.

McGovern is also not so commanding on the crosses etc.

Not sure who will between the sticks today.

Possibly Greavsy (re tactics), but he is on to a win win situation almost. He might actually fancy the job himself, and play a team, solely to his tune (a la Adams at Chelsea). For me, that is the most interesting part of the whole day (yeh, I know...........)

Will he send a parting message to AN and pick an AN team?

Or will it be an I fancy this job myself team?

Or is there no difference?

TEAM: McGovern; Pinto, Bennett, Martin (c), Dijks; Tettey, Howson; Jo. Murphy, Pritchard, Hoolahan; Jerome.SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Whittaker, Bassong, Naismith, Wildschut, Ja. Murphy, MaddisonKlose either injured or been told to F off