Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Pardew please

No real middle ground with Pardew. It''s either great or sh*t.

But you''d fancy he''d get a tune out of this lot for a good year or two... before it turns sour.

Sky sources say Breaking, Pardew interested in NCFC job,

Always thought he was a bit of a nob but I think it could work. Someone who''s experienced but not over the hill.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Sky sources say Breaking, Pardew interested in NCFC job,

Always thought he was a bit of a nob but I think it could work. Someone who''s experienced but not over the hill.[/quote]Which are about as reliable as Mystig Meg, and are all too often nothing more than some pimply intern filling up webspaceI would be more inclined to pay more heed to the club''s statement"“As has been widely reported the board has been conducting a thorough

review of the structure of the club. An announcement about the new

structure will be made next week."
Something that suggests that it may not simply be a straight one in one out. And also suggests there is more to the sudden departure of Moxey. With Dmitri Halajko also moving on (which may not be connected) it still means another face to findI would expect that announcement will come before or similtaneous, with any new manager being revealed.  I wouldn''t expect it to be a fait accompli either, with the structure being announced and the  posts to be filled after ''due process''.At the moment there is no real urgency to find a direct replacement for AN. Irvine knows the players inside out, has managerial experience and is already beeded in with the club.This will be a longer and more in depth process, than simply replacing the manager.

He''s crap. Palace supporting mate was delighted to be shot of him. Always seems to do well to begin with then goes into a slump he can''t get out of. Now why does that sound familiar?

He''s ok of the most part from what i''ve seen, but every club he manages in between the decent spells he goes on huge losing runs. I think i''d prefer the club looks elsewhere imo the club got it right looking for a young manager on the up, it''s just they went abit too far into the unknown.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Why is there such animus against Pardew? He always seems OK to me.[/quote]Never liked him in his early days, to often came across as a bit self-satisfied and smug.  Has mellowed with age, but doesn''t seem to do well for very long as a manager at a club any more. Might get a good six months out of him, then we would be back to square one.

While our resources in the Chumps are reasonable, if we''re aiming for the premier league we''ll again need someone who can make the very most of the relatively meagre budget. Has Pardew shown he can do this?

I''m not sure about Pardew. We need a manager who is going to work with our abundance of young talent and get them into he first team.

Morris, Murphys, Pritchard, Maddison, Toffolo etc etc, are good enough and ready.

My fear with Pardrew is that he look to spend money on so called ''proven'' players and out young talent will continue to be overlooked. I''d also be concerned he''d keep some of the old guard at the club.

Warburton and Weir would utilise and bring on our young talent if there time at Brentford is anything to go by.

The other interesting combo could be Gary Neville under Hodgson. Neville buys into youth development and understands the benefit of bringing your team players through together. In a previous interview he talked about pochettio, and how he wants emulate his style of management from his time at Southampton and now Spurs. If he follows this ethos with our current crop of youth talent, it could work very well. Forget his time at Valencia, that was poisoned chalice from the start. Norwich is a different animal all together.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Idiot.[/quote]

Very articulate and well thought out argument.....

Don''t see the issue, Rowett is completely unproven; I don''t get why he''s so popular; he never got Brum in playoffs.

Warburton is a better option than Rowett to megiven what he did at Brentford but still questionable.

Pardew did well at Newcastle emphasised by where they are now. Pardew has been in playoff finals and got West Ham promoted from this league, taken them to an FA cup final (second FA cup final of his career). Pardew also took Palace to their best ever premier league finish. Surely the most decorated manager of all the candidates - not sure why some are so quick to dismiss, perhaps the facts above will change some minds.

Could do a lot lot worse. Proven to a point and as said has taken teams to Promotion, decent Premier League finishes and and FA Cup finals. Who would not want that here now?Also made some very decent signings in his time.

In the past I''d have said no thanks, but the more I think about it the more I think he could be the one to get us promoted next season. I bet this squad of players would play great under him.

I think he is exactly the sort of manager we need right now.

At least he is an actual manager who has been in charge of some big clubs and achieved things as a manager. Now isn''t the time for a young, untried newbie like AN or a Peter Grant type.

A proper manager. Following the last two practice managers let''s at least find someone who''s built a team and has experience of exiting the chumps upwards.

I''m not saying a new manager couldn''t get this squad of players to play better Alex, but how many of this squad will be here come the start of next season?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I''m not saying a new manager couldn''t get this squad of players to play better Alex, but how many of this squad will be here come the start of next season?[/quote]

I have no idea re next season, Crabby - not many I''d imagine!