Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Blackburn Match Thread

In the circumstances a fair point considering all the Shite that''s happened since yesterday! Let''s hope for some really good news next week with major changes at the top!

Yep, we had to capitalise on that. I reckon the lads are going to be absolutely kicking themselves when they see the other results - lucky Mitchell''s a big bloke!

To keep fighting and get a point after going behind with ten men does show that the squad unity and spirit isn''t entirely broken, and that is a crumb of comfort amongst the nonsense.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

2-2 it is. Pity.  Could have made some ground up today.

[/quote]In the overall scheme of things it would have made absolutely not one jot of difference.We ain''t gonna make the play-offs LDC and we''ve been in that situation for the last 3 months because we are not good enough individually or as a team.Not point clutching at straws that don''t exist.AN gone but his legacy of buying & keeping dross lives on and will continue until next season.

Well that was one of the weirdest games and atmospheres I''ve ever been to. Irvine didn''t deserve the stick he got but there wasn''t much a reaction from the players.

To be fair to Irvine, I thought the players put a shift in, they were dead on their feet at the end. We have Neil to thank for leaving us with no alternative but to play Whittaker at left back.

11 men on the pitch and I think we win that comfortably.

While it wasn''t exactly a classic when we were 1-0 up, the red card did ruin the game. It was a long afternoon and in the end the lads did well to rescue a point. Whittaker struggled to stop the flow of crosses coming in from their right flank. While Yanic Wildschut bizarrely seemed knackered from the moment he stepped foot on the pitch.

Wasn''t at the game today but watched the highlights. For their second goal, it looked like Whittaker was running on a treadmill. Arms and legs moving but he wasn''t going anywhere! The man has got to go. Surely we have better than him.

Red card looked harsh but I guess I''m biased!

Glad Irving isn''t going to apply for the job, don''t think he would have got it anyway.

Wonder who is lined up?? Oh the temptation.

Sorry but today was one of the few games where you had be there to comment . The atmosphere was odd, the reactions extreme and when we walked out the fans in the Barclay and on the trains were as one - aiming the fault at the board not Irvine . The strangest game I have been too in many years . I suspect you had to be there to feel it .

Whittaker is a legacy of Neil''s ridiculous transfer policy. Sell both our left backs and loan out our promising youngster while keeping an ageing journeyman as cover for a position he doesn''t really play.

Fought hard and was a good point all things considered.

Simon Hooper is a diabolical excuse of a referee

Atmosphere today was surreal, can''t remember when it was that quiet tbh. Can''t believe some of the comments on here though that Blackburn were s***, as if that''s the case we were 10 times worse! Was noticeable that some players didn''t seem to want to play such as Howson or Martin, but will give credit for battling to get a draw. Was interesting that Lafferty wasn''t on the bench so if Jerome had got injured we would have been screwed!

Martin and Howson didn''t want to play?

Martin seemed to care more than the rest of our back 4 and Howson made up some serious ground in 90 mins.

Go ''s Beard :

Sorry but today was one of the few games where you had be there to comment . The atmosphere was odd, the reactions extreme and when we walked out the fans in the Barclay and on the trains were as one - aiming the fault at the board not Irvine . The strangest game I have been too in many years . I suspect you had to be there to feel it .

Spot on ! I am reading down this thread with all the wisdom from the non attendees,, full of knowledge ,, know nothing .

I have said it so many times before ,,, get your selves along to Carrow Road ,,, it''s not the same as on the wireless 😳🙄

@gp''s beard

I''d agree with that. Strange atmosphere and all the talk around me in the Harrold was about the board. Most people agreed Neil had to go but I think unless they get this next managerial appointment bang on then we''re heading down a tough path.

Strange game. No positives whatsoever. The squad needs radical change.I was expecting a reaction from the players, we got nothing..

I''m with Hogesar, Martin and Howson were the two I noticed most at the end looking absolutely destroyed. They both put a huge effort in today.