Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Blackburn Match Thread

Fans are peed off that Pritchard hasn''t been given a chance again. Should be given his opportunity and Wes taken off. Or even go 3 at back with a CB coming on for pinto

[quote user="Herman"]Fair enough Ginja. You''re more of a risk taker than me. (And Irvine)[:D][/quote]
There''s nothing to risk... Irvine will be out soon regardless and we as a club really have nothing to lose, might as well go for it.
I don''t see any value in taking off an attacking player inviting pressure on ourselves when we know our defence is as leaky as a siv.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Hoolahan is seemingly untouchable according to recent reports[/quote]

Probably been our best player this season to be fair MP, so understandable to an extent.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Herman"]Fair enough Ginja. You''re more of a risk taker than me. (And Irvine)[:D][/quote]
There''s nothing to risk... Irvine will be out soon regardless and we as a club really have nothing to lose, might as well go for it.
I don''t see any value in taking off an attacking player inviting pressure on ourselves when we know our defence is as leaky as a siv.
[/quote]

Yep Tettey for me too. We are too defensively minded; we have seven defensive players on the pitch and we are still crap, (4 defenders, two defensive midfielders and a keeper). For me its better to play higher up the field rather than invite them onto us, even if we do have 10 men.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Herman"]Fair enough Ginja. You''re more of a risk taker than me. (And Irvine)[:D][/quote]
[/quote]Maybe he''s hoping he''s in for a shout so think grinding out a 1-0 win will put him in good stead. (I really hope not by the way).

[quote user="Ginja"]Pritchard OFF, Whitts ON
Irvine clearly as clueless as AN then.
[/quote]

Defender sent off so he brings a defender on witj us winning 1 0.

We can see why you''re angry on a message board and not in a dugout somewhere...

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Any idea what the banner being flown over the ground says? I can see the plane from my window but can''t make out the message.

[/quote]Mystery solved. It''s about Liz Truss?!

Feel a tad sorry for Irvine, on a hiding to nothing today. Less than 24 hours notice that he''s in charge today and then his left back gets sent off after 20 odd minutes.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Perfectly reasonable substitution, after utter stupidity from Dijks. Fans booing are morons.[/quote]

I agree, we''re winning and it''s the beginning of a fresh start, I don''t understand what''s wrong with some people?.

Like a lot of players I''ll be happy when we solve the LB problem with a permanent move. Dijks doesn''t do it for me, and knowing we are very unlikely to go up and the manager that brought him here is gone, he''s probably already thinking ahead to his future next season and his focus on the job at hand is less of a priority.

Quite. The primary objective is to win the game, not to provide elegant entertainment. You are more likely to hold out with a full complement of defenders, and so an attacking midfielder must be sacrificed.

Fulham now winning 2-0 at Newcastle, and with Sheff Weds losing (not to mention having Sasso sent off), I can see the Cottagers taking Weds place very soon.

Make it 3-0 Alex. Agree with you, Fulham have looked very good, play some classy stuff at times. We pale in comparison by some margin.

At the start of the season, I predicted oh here for Fulham to get promoted, I think Brighton too. Might not be far off if I swap us for Newcastle 😉.

Think Alex Neil said something along the lines of Fulham being the best footballing side in the division when they''re up for it (or something similar). And agreed Spillay, they are very much THE team that''s making the late charge into the playoffs now - you just watch Sheff Weds choke, it''s coming!.

If Fulham win their game in hand they go 6th.

I think they will Keelansgrandad. Same manager who got Watford promoted then was unceremoniously dumped - Fulham did well to nab him, hopefully we''ll get similar 👍