Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Strange timing

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Mister Chops"]So, hang on (apologies if this has been covered, I have only been skimming) most wanted Alex sacked, but now the club is under criticism because they sacked him in the wrong way / on the wrong day?

Crikey.[/quote]Pink ''Un logic."The club should be ruthless for once and sack the clown/fraud/Gollum" etc.The club sack the manager."Why were the club so ruthless. Bang out of order. Thanks for all the memories" etc.[/quote]

Spot on Herman, you couldn''t write it! 😂

Oddly enough I hold the people who run the club to a higher standard than the supporters. Neil should have been sacked quite a while ago but to do it having sent him out to do his press conference business as usual a few hours previously was poor form.

Reading what Iwan Roberts had to say chimed with me-, the decision was correct but the execution was amatureish.

What were they supposed to do? Tell Alex not to do his usual press junket while they decide whether to sack him or not? I initially thought the timing was strange, but after reading ''Slim''s ,and other''s posts, you soon realise that they were roughly at the same time, and the board didn''t know Alex had gone ''off topic''.

Does anybody know if it was it a scheduled meeting?

@herman

Maybe if your deciding whether to Sack a manager you do the board meeting on Wednesday or Thursday. Not exactly rocket science.

Have to echo the thoughts of most on here. Right decision but once again so disappointingly the timing is wrong wrong wrong and just so classless. I bear no malice towards Neil, he did his best and should have been relieved earlier, but he deserved better treatment than the way this happened. Agree with all the statements on how badly run the club is.

Don''t know if anyone has said this before, but I feel Alex deserves some understanding. He''s spent most of his career in the lower leagues/Scotland, he''s young. He won''t have earned a fortune from football and hasn''t got a massive reputation. Unlike famous players who will keep being given opportunities based on their reputation, Alex may never play or manage again. Has he done enough to avoid dropping off the football ladder? Not necessarily. This was a huge opportunity he couldn''t afford to take, or walk away from. I heard ppl saying he should have resigned. Well let''s be honest, who in his position would? I certainly wouldn''t. He had two options, turn it around and keep a good job and grow his reputation, get sacked and receive significant compensation, or quit get nothing and maybe never work again. I know the decision I''d make for me and my family.

So let''s be fair to him, thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best. The club may have been classless, but we don''t have to be

[quote user="king canary"]@herman

Maybe if your deciding whether to Sack a manager you do the board meeting on Wednesday or Thursday. Not exactly rocket science.[/quote]You can either believe him or not, but I think Balls explains everything in his interview.