Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Strange timing

Whilst I am glad Neil has finally gone, why have the board waited till the night before a game to do it, especially after he gave a press conference today? Shows that we are a mess at the top not just on the footballing side

My guess is AN had a clause about this season in his contract saying if promotion not achieved he would receive limited money on sacking.

By what he said today Board realised he didnt get that meant your leaving and probably think can preempt now without much compensation.

Very pleased that the Board has acted at last but what terrible timing.

Just a few hours after the pre-match press session.

Makes you wonder what has been going on ''in the background''.

Let''s just hope that we can all move forward now and rebuild without long term damage.

Board afraid of a toxic atmosphere at the ground tomorrow. The would have meant the board getting some stick. So they have avoided that.

Will we do a Leicester and go on a winning run now the unwanted manager has gone in both cases.?

The timing speaks volumes for the level of incompetence running through the boardroom.

It is strange timing. If he was going to be sacked it should have been during that long winless run earlier in the season. But the club stuck by him and have paid the price with a mid table finish.Sacking him now is closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Any new manager will be faced with losing many of our better players in the summer, like Howson, as they seek moves to the Premier League. Tough times ahead.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Not like you to find a miserable spin to put on good news.

Maybe you should wear a hat to keep your brain warmer.[/quote]

F,,k o.. you Idiot with your stupid posts

And what the hell is going on with the formatting on this forum?

2169 is when the dead rise again and the rivers run backwards.

The Summer Transfer Window thread has this nailed.

Board accept we cannot achieve promotion

Board do not trust AN to overhaul the squad

Board want experienced man to do the overhaul

All woads lead to Woy.

My guess is the new DOF and possibly new manager signed on the dotted line this afternoon, and part of the deal was that for whatever reason he doesn''t want to work with Neil; and they decided it was the right thing to get the sacking over and done with ASAP - Can''t imagine Delia being the sort to look Neil in the eye before the game knowing full well that she''s going to sack him on Sunday.

Gunnys demise was also announced on a Friday evening after McNally travelled to Exeter to inform him. Butterworth took charge for the next days fixture if I remember correctly.

In all seriousness I did spot a car in Norwich yesterday with WOY spelt out on the reg plates. 😨😨😨

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Use a 1998-compatible browser and its all good.

Don''t despair, Archant are upgrading the software soon.

((Dies laughing))[/quote]

I''ll go download Netscape Navigator from the app store then.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Gunnys demise was also announced on a Friday evening after McNally travelled to Exeter to inform him. Butterworth took charge for the next days fixture if I remember correctly.[/quote]remember it well as much was made of who was sitting where, and who stayed on the pitch at half timeand a dear lady came round with about 10mins to go giving away the unsold pasties... only they were cold

That was the week for travelling. I went to Yeovil midweek and Exeter on the Saturday. Grant Holts hatrick was a joy though.

How odd, was at both those games - even saw myself during one of the goals clips at Yeovil. Stood at the back. Few days with a mate in Bridport, and it did come as rather a shock after that Yeovil win.In this case I suspect there is more than just bad results, as there are suggestions (Jerome) that not all was well with the squad/manager.

Here''s a Theory.Roy Hodgson was around for a bit earlier in the season, talks were held to see if he could help AN, who was clearly struggling. AN rejected the idea. It was agreed that if play offs were not reached(which they won''t) AN would be the one to go and Roy would come in..... maybe as DoF with a young fella in Managers job.

Timing seems fair to me Lessingham. But of course these social media driven days folk expect instant decisions. At least we didn''t get back him sack him like Leicester did.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Timing seems fair to me Lessingham. But of course these social media driven days folk expect instant decisions. At least we didn''t get back him sack him like Leicester did.[/quote]''''Back him, sack him, crack him.''''  ooo er Matron the wax is hot.

All I see is people who are still peeved because the board didn''t sack Alex Neil when they first suggested they should being peeved because they did it today.