Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Blackburn

The Board deserved everything they got for a season of disappointment and yesterdays unprofessional ineptitude. Alex Neil had been living on borrowed time for weeks but if only for that wonderful day at Wembley he deserved more than an untimely backstairs execution that lacked dignity and respect. We could have parted company with a bit of sorrow mixed with gratitude and best wishes for the future before wielding that long overdue knife, but instead we witnessed an opportunistic shanking in the prison shower room with everyone pretending not to notice the blood on the tiled floor. It was not worthy of NCFC and although there have been many days when I have been proud of my football club, yesterday wasn''t one of them.

Well said!

He hadn''t won the ball so wasn''t protecting it. He doesn''t touch the ball and his studs go straight down on Emnes shin- it is a blatant red, even our own manager admitted it.

Also not a great surprise but Whittaker was at fault for both Blackburn goals. For the first he leaves his man entirely unmarked at the far post and for the second his man gets a cross in far too easily. The next three games watching him play left back are going to be fun.

Sorry but the replacement of either Wes or Pritchard made complete sense. The idea of 3 at the back (one of whom is Pinto) with Wes and Josh as wing backs is just too many square pegs in round holes.Thanks for the report Ricardo.

I also think red was harsh ,Emnes made far too much of it , the physio running on made it dramatic . Watched it over and over on replay , full speed and slow motion , ref got it wrong . He had a clear view , but his history with us always dictated that this would happen , as with the yellows and random free kicks he awarded to Blackburn throughout the game . Worst thing is we now have little chance to see much more of Djykes .

Re the substitution - I agree we shouldn''t have been going three at the back. I do think though that a fair chunk of the fan base feels Pritchard has had a raw deal here and this just added to it. The people around me were talking about Wes or even Josh going off but were annoyed when it was Pritchard as he never seems to get s fair run.

I agree that Pritchard has not been given a fair run KC - I think that he is an exciting talent. Nevertheless in this context, I thought that it as silly to chant that Irvine didn''t know what he was doing - he made the logical decision.