Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

It's Not Pardew!

Anybody else think that with this structural change at the top we could see Delia and Michael step down and pass their shares to Tom? Personally I wouldn''t be surprised to see it.

What I find strange though is that Balls has only just clarified the contract business with AN. Why has it taken so long to deny something that seemed generally accepted as fact. Surely he should have denied it at Christmas time or Moxey could have in his now infamous interview. Strange!

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Anybody else think that with this structural change at the top we could see Delia and Michael step down and pass their shares to Tom? Personally I wouldn''t be surprised to see it.

What I find strange though is that Balls has only just clarified the contract business with AN. Why has it taken so long to deny something that seemed generally accepted as fact. Surely he should have denied it at Christmas time or Moxey could have in his now infamous interview. Strange![/quote]You really want the club to go to the trouble of denying every unsubstantiated rumour that gets "generally accepted" (here or elsewhere) as "fact"? Given the amount of falsehoods provided by oh so "impeccable sources"  they would hardly have the time to do anything else.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][url]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ed_balls_denies_norwich_city_have_lined_up_alan_pardew_1_4927168[/url][/quote]Have read the article - where exactly does it say "it''s not Pardew"

Ed Balls is not what Norwich City needs.

He comes across - as does the rest of our current board - as amateurs who can''t deal with the harsh realities of a football club and talk about ''values'' - who gives a damn about ''values'' ?

If the club haven''y lined up anyone they are even worse than I thought they were as you should always have someone in mind before you sack the manager.

Purple, I hear what your saying but Moxey had an opportunity to refute those allegations in his interview, I just find it strange it has taken so long. It has been mentioned many times subsequently and only now do we get a denial.

As your clued up on the accounts side of things, will his pay off be divulged in this years statement of accounts, just wondering?

I think that working in the Treasury and as Shadow Chancellor gives Ed a professional advantage over a local businessman when it comes to long term planning.

Why knock everything about our club unless it''s a petty political thing?

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Purple, I hear what your saying but Moxey had an opportunity to refute those allegations in his interview, I just find it strange it has taken so long. It has been mentioned many times subsequently and only now do we get a denial.

As your clued up on the accounts side of things, will his pay off be divulged in this years statement of accounts, just wondering?[/quote]I hadn''t listened to the Ed Balls interview when I posted that. Turns out one of us was repeating the other pretty much word for word...[;)]A skim through the 2014 accounts doesn''t seem to give a figure for whatever compensation we paid Hughton when he was sacked, so we may not know about Neil.

No, it probably won''t be Pardew, Warburton or Rowett just yet, until the (new) structure they are announcing is implemented.

Members of that new structure will undoubtedly be those carrying out the process of recruiting whoever it is.

Ed Balls for CEO, Tom as chairman, and Mr Stone as financial director anyone!?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Balls is an impressive spokesman for the club.  We''re lucky to have him.

[/quote]I agree, Lakey - very impressive interview. I just hope that part of our restructuring is the appointment of a Chief Exec with many years'' experience in the game. McNally was clearly that, as was Moxey (despite his unpopularity) - it''s imperative that we have a CE who really knows football inside out.

New structure will be

Tom Smith Chairman

Steve Stone, Chief Operating Officer, xxxxxxxxxx Sporting Director

Young up and coming Football manager (poss Rowett)

Cost benefit analysis = saving 250k pa

[quote user="Ivan Easter"]Pardew wouldnt be a bad choice would he ?[/quote]From a Palace fan yesterday. What does it remind you of?

Selhurst is not online. Last active: 11/03/2017 16:01:04

Selhurst

Not Ranked

Joined on 07/04/2014

Posts 3

Re: Pardew please

I think Pards is quite good at getting along with

boards. He''s a good friend of Steve Parish which probably gave him

longer than he should have had at Palace.

Pardew''s first season at Palace was brilliant and we played some

really exciting football (having been very defensive under Pulis and

just terrible under Warnock) but it went pear shaped after that and he

had no ability to turn it around.

The problems emerged as the team became Pardew''s team. His signings

were poor (considering the money spent) and he was incapable of signing

the right players in the right positions. He sold some of our better

squad players and replaced them with big names on big wages. He left

behind a very weak squad - any injury to a key player would leave the

team in a mess. He left us with no proper left backs, two slow centre

backs, no defensive midfielders and a dodgy goalkeeper.

His tactics were poor and inflexible. You''d know his line-up and

formation every week - there was no attempt to react to the opposition.

His teams were all attack with no effort to defend. We didn''t really

draw games, at the start we won them and towards the end we kept

losing. He would never hold out for a draw, we''d over-commit and concede

a last minute goal. Being 4-3 up against Swansea on the 90th minute and

losing 5-4 was farcical.

Fitness was a major concern too. The squad really flagged towards

the end of games, our former goalkeeping coach was embarrassingly

overweight and there seemed to be little planning or tactical awareness

in training.

Maybe he''ll have learned something from his latest debacle, but

experience from other clubs and his nonsensical interviews suggest not.

Overall we''re lucky to be shot of Pardew. There''s a slight chance the

new team can sort out the mess he left behind and avoid relegation.

Good luck with the rest of your season. I''ve always liked Norwich!

In reference to what the palace fan said: no he won''t have learnt. That''s exactly what pardew does, comes in, does well then after 12-18 months (basically enough time to make it his team) becomes awful. He is a short term fix but not a solution... In many ways he''s like a friendly version of roeder...

I know a few Palace fans and not all agree with that view. All managers have a preferred way of playing - you know precisely what you''ll get with Pulis, for example, which is why I''ve never wanted him near NCFC (though I quite like the guy). I wouldn''t be opposed to Pardew, getting us out of the Champs and back into the PL is the first and main task -something he has a proven track record of; worrying about staying is something we can do when we get there.

Overall, I think we will be led a lot by the new structure that''s put in place - whoever comes in will obviously have to be willing and able buy into it.

I disagree with any assumption that we will be looking to do this on the cheap, next season will be crucial, what with the parachute payments, and I think they will go with a more sure thing than "young and up and coming".

Pardew fits the bill.

Pretty sure I have just seen Pardew at the Celtic Rangers game. If he was serious, he would surely be parked outside Colney, waiting for the gates to open tomorrow, no?