Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

What will the Board have to say about Worthy's comment?

If the Board doesn''t condemn Worthington''s comment today - "I don''t care what the fans think" - does that mean that they don''t care either? This is something that''s upset a lot of fans today and can''t just be ignored by the Board.

Delia and Co have kept their heads down over the past few weeks, in direct contrast to the high profile that they enjoyed when things were going OK. I''d be interested to see what they''ve got to say about the current situation - don''t forget, these are the same fans who dipped into their own pockets not so long ago to buy shares when the Club needed cash. The same fans that were given both barrels by Delia last season at home to Man City. OK, now it''s our turn to hear you - c''mon Delia, let''s be ''aving you!

By the way, well done to Chris Goreham for asking Worthy some probing questions; it''s difficult for him, because Worthington will probably now just refuse to speak to Radio Norfolk for daring to ask difficult questions!

have to agree with the majority of what you say Link

of course it is easy for us, the mere fans, to say this, we can rant and bicker all we like on this message board, down the pub, etc and nothing will come of it, it is just what we do and no one will call it into question

however, for the board, and now indeed worthy, it is rather different - our chairman, munby is a PR person by profession and i bet he spent a rather sleepless night last night wondering how he could a la max clifford make something good out of worthy''s comments

i didn''t hear it on radio norfolk, but have since listened to the link via the internet - ummm certainly not a manager with any confidence in what he is doing - some people elsewhere on this board, and others, have commented on goreham not being brutal enough and probing further, but imo, he had guts just breaking the cosy local media mould and asking something which was likely to get the response it did

of course worthy picks the team etc, but to dismiss the fans'' views/reactions as he did is a man in desparation skating on very thin ice

in the good times much was made of the "togetherness" of the club, ie board, management, players and fans - now times are not so good the cracks are appearing and becoming more obvious by the week

does worthy make an apology?  Well he might be asked to, or reflect and think he should have used different words, but it was a kick in the teeth for thousands of fans who have supported the club for years in some cases and although i didn''t boo the substitutions or sing worthy out, i can understand those that did

things are not going well and worthy doesn''t seem to know what to do about it, what the board do about it remains a mystery at the moment - another ten games, another 20?  What is the benchmark they will use?  It all comes down to cash in the end, i guess, do they wait for worthy to turn it round (however long that might take) do they wait for him to resign or do they sack him and pay a big contract off - i don''t think they will have any difficulty in getting someone new in, who would be right for us remains debatable. 

I think that Worthy will tell the Press that he didn''t mean it to sound how it came out, that we''re the best fans in the world, blah blah blah - but I think that the damage is done, Gaz, would you agree?

I think that Chris Goreham did well - I should imagine that Worthington can be intimidating, plus there is the risk that Radio Norfolk could be "blackisted" by Worthy for putting probing questions to him.

yes, worthy is a disgrace to NCFC, the board must act.

The day a manager attacks the fans , who have supported the team through thick and thin is the day he recieves his last pay packet as manager.

Goodbye Mr Worthington

[quote]yes, worthy is a disgrace to NCFC, the board must act. The day a manager attacks the fans , who have supported the team through thick and thin is the day he recieves his last pay packet as manager. ...[/quote]

if only Ronbol, if only

the board are all ''too friendly'' in my opinion, the only way he is ever going to leave is relegation or by us using people power.

[quote]if only Ronbol , if only the board are all ''too friendly'' in my opinion, the only way he is ever going to leave is relegation or by us using people power.[/quote]

He''ll be gone this week. Maybe wishful thinking but I just have a feeling.

One thing''s for sure, the guy has lost any respect I had for him after that interview, and various other rumours i''ve heard about yesterdays events.

You won''t be surprised to learn that my valuation of Worthy has gone up after his response.

Shame he didn''t use a bit more of an anglo saxon expression in his reply to this local halfwit. After hearing his feeble efforts it''s pretty easy to see why Alan Partridge was based at ''Radio Norwich''

All the spin Worthington used last year will not get him out of this one. He even hoodwinked the Chairman , Board and the fans to believe last year was a success. We are hearing the same old excuses that were repeatedly churned out week after week last season-the difference is we are in the Championship and not the Premier so the fans are not swallowing the excuses quite so timidly. Will the board have the courage to act NOW?

Excellent report

Have we seen Delia in the Barclay this season? Of course not she is hiding along with the rest of this pathic board that enjoy the good times but have not got the strength or vision to move the club forward from the previous season and current season under Nigel Worthless!

Delia, if you really care for the club, make a decision and appoint a new manager to keep us up and challenge for promotion next season, before ir is too late! You should have done this twelve months ago, as well you know!!