Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

St Andrews Hall.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I believe the Stylistics are popular there now and have appeared more times than NCISA....[/quote]Both had sell out audiences Nutty. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I believe the Stylistics are popular there now and have appeared more times than NCISA....[/quote]Both had sell out audiences Nutty. [:D][/quote]

So if they sell out those in charge must be commended, is there another scenario this reasoning should be applied to?

lake district canary wrote:

Welcome back chopsy.

??? He never went away. Wink [;)]

He''s a franchise 😉

[quote user="Flasher Gordon"]certainly not in my sixties (or seventies)still play 5 a side and often run the line sat mornslast full marathon 3 hears ago, and usually a couple of half marathons  a summer - former require sponsorship and too much hassleotherwise fit as a fiddle, even a bit of mojive (like shooting fish in a barrel if you are on the pull !)[/quote]

Speaking of Fish, Marillion played there in 1984.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 07/03/2017 10:30 AM:

I haven''t been around for a while, are you that guy who used to be Le juge?

Whatever makes you say that?

Weird

Lovely to have yous back on board though.

👍

I used to gig there once a year.

Singing the school song along with a thousand others at CNS School prizegiving.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Mister Chops"]I haven''t been around for a while, are you that guy who used to be Le juge?[/quote]Has SDP let you off the naughty step or was that someone else who got marooned there ? [:^)][/quote]

It looks like a one out one in door policy...

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I used to gig there once a year.

Singing the school song along with a thousand others at CNS School prizegiving.[/quote]
You sang "Frushi Picks ''em" no doubt..

The chorus was:

Not with visions of selfish fame

But with one sole absorbing aim

To do our best, to play the game

For the honour of the School

Never mind about doing well for yourself.

For the honour of the School.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]The chorus was:

Not with visions of selfish fame

But with one sole absorbing aim

To do our best, to play the game

For the honour of the School

Never mind about doing well for yourself.

For the honour of the School.[/quote]
Anyone who went there who says schooldays were the happiest of their lives can''t have done much since.

They said many Nazis had escaped to South America after the war. That is probably true but many ended up as teachers at the CNS as well.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Saw Hawkwind there too Lord Horn - wow that was a while ago - I''d guess 1973?

It was so loud I nearly got hit by a bus on the way out because I couldn''t hear it coming![/quote]

My brother drummed for a local band called Zoe who supported Hawkwind that night. Me and a mate watched the gig with Hawkind''s lighting engineer, Liquid Len, from some vantage point high up.

[quote user="Wroxham Bridge"]Tangerine Dream were there in October 1975, left after about 45 mins, it wasn''t and still isn''t my my type of music.

Lord Horn, I''ll be at the Gate tomorrow night and I can give you a match report in the Jube on Saturday.[/quote]

Look forward to your match report in the Jube on Saturday. Not liking Tangerine Dream, whatever next - having said that I had their album, Phaedra, on vinyl for years without ever managing to get to the end. Focus was probably musically the best gig I ever saw there but Hawkwind was a brilliantly noisy affair and involved the wonderful semi-clad Stacia cavorting around the stage!

[quote user="Lord Horn (again)"][q. Focus was probably musically the best gig I ever saw there/quote]listen to Sylvia, hairs stand on the back off my neck... so many memories come backfor anyone whose not heard of Focus I suggest you give up a few minutes to listen to this a master class in guitar playingFocusI think much of their popularity in the UK was down to the pirate radio stationsand no one around at that time can ever forget thisRNI

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="keelansgrandad"]They said many Nazis had escaped to South America after the war. That is probably true but many ended up as teachers at the CNS as well.[/quote]I always wondered about '' Adolf '' Eastman''s CV......[/quote]

Just consider yourself lucky that you were not at Paston....

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="keelansgrandad"]They said many Nazis had escaped to South America after the war. That is probably true but many ended up as teachers at the CNS as well.[/quote]I always wondered about '' Adolf '' Eastman''s CV......[/quote]

Just consider yourself lucky that you were not at Paston....[/quote]Colonel Marshall back in my day RTB.

As this thread seems to have morphed into school songs and there are Paston Old Boys posting.

How about .......

"Anno Domini sixteen-six, is a solemn date for us to fix deep in our memory."

Lord Horn the match report will be a game of two halves and I still cannot believe that substitution!!

See you Saturday.

The Paston School Song

1. Anno Domini

sixteen-six

As the tale was told to me,

Is a solemn date for us to fix

Deep in our memory;

Sir William Paston, he up and said,

‘The Norfolk lads, I’m sore afraid,

Have overmuch liberty.

Come hither, Reverend Michael Tylles,

And into their heads we’ll hammer

Godly learning to guide their wills,

Arithmetic, writing and grammar.

This was the Paston School;

This the Paston School;

And we shall see that this shall be

Forever the Paston School.

My granddaughters starring at the old hall tomorrow. I reckon she''s sung there as many times as the Stylistics.
Did Johnny Tillotson ever sway those hips at the Andrews?