Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

St Andrews Hall.

Agreed lord horn, that would make any ''protest'' meeting interesting, to say the least.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Agreed lord horn, that would make any ''protest'' meeting interesting, to say the least.[/quote]

Well, most of the keyboard warriors on here (be they happy clappers or Neil outers) would probably be too young to drink!

After over twenty years of having a ST I''ve decided most reluctantly not to review, mainly due to the how the club is being run.

It''s my only little way of registering my feelings as emails to the club are just ignored.

I nearly gave up last season but changed my mind when the club offered to sell me my ST in April at February''s prices. It''s the only time they have shown any interest in me as a supporter. Funny that when it comes down to money they show an interest !

@Common sense

But it hasn''t come down to money, as they could have sold your seat, to someone on the waiting list, for a higher price.

Dexy and the Midnight Runners were there once.

Very good too.

I was sitting in the back row (with Mick Jagger.)

We all sang Come on Delia.

Kevin are you still living on the Hagley Road in Brum?

Ivy Bush?

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]It''s also a good music venue (as others will testify).

Saw Penetration and Adam and the Ants there, among others, back in the day.[/quote]I saw them, also The Ruts, The Undertones, The Stranglers and Suzanne Vega (I have an eclectic taste in music!).I always thought the acustics were a bit dodgy.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]It''s also a good music venue (as others will testify).

Saw Penetration and Adam and the Ants there, among others, back in the day.[/quote]

The strangest gig I ever saw there was Status Quo supported by Slade! Also saw Hawkwind, Focus and Lindisfarne there amongst others - always remember it being a cracking atmospheric venue.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]"You could have protests inside and outside the ground and it won''t mean a thing."

Whatever happened to the revolutionary spirit, Crafty? You know, with those effigies you were going to burn...[/quote]

I am resigned to the fact that it won''t make a blind bit of difference. She and MWJ have completely crushed my hopes for our club. It used to be a downer when we lost and an upper when we won. Now it''s just indifference.

I think they must release them in waves, however if you are after a single I would think you''d get one quite quickly.

Once you''ve got your ST you can move about, into other available seats, be those other singles, or part of a group.

As I have posted on another thread this morning, I''ve been told by a senior player that Alex Neil is here for the long term, it is the boards intentions that he oversees the rebuilding of the squad over the summer. This is the boards will and they are behind the manager 100%. Players will be leaving but the manager won''t

Saw Hawkwind there too Lord Horn - wow that was a while ago - I''d guess 1973?

It was so loud I nearly got hit by a bus on the way out because I couldn''t hear it coming!

Van Dar Graaf Generator there in 1971 was my first life band.

I believe the Stylistics are popular there now and have appeared more times than NCISA....

saw Focus there in early 70''s, winter and a school night what I do remember, ended up rather pissed as I had gone up in a van with older lads - I was asked my age and said 18 (I looked about 11) and they kept buying me drinksnever had any problem drinking well under age at the Cromer Links, or the back of the Barclay... different days

[quote user="Flasher Gordon"]saw Focus there in early 70''s, winter and a school night what I do remember, ended up rather pissed as I had gone up in a van with older lads - I was asked my age and said 18 (I looked about 11) and they kept buying me drinksnever had any problem drinking well under age at the Cromer Links, or the back of the Barclay... different days[/quote]Well knock me dahn wiv a fevver.........thought you were of an older vintage [;)]

certainly not in my sixties (or seventies)still play 5 a side and often run the line sat mornslast full marathon 3 hears ago, and usually a couple of half marathons  a summer - former require sponsorship and too much hassleotherwise fit as a fiddle, even a bit of mojive (like shooting fish in a barrel if you are on the pull !)

Dr Feelgood , Penetration ( weren''t they a support for another band ? ) The Ruts, Stranglers and The Undertones too. Funny to think that some of us on here were all at the same gigs in the seventies.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Dr Feelgood , Penetration ( weren''t they a support for another band ? ) The Ruts, Stranglers and The Undertones too. Funny to think that some of us on here were all at the same gigs in the seventies.[/quote]

It is weird. Though I sometimes can''t believe I''ve seen the same game as loads of posters on here!!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Flasher Gordon"]certainly not in my sixties (or seventies)[/quote]Well you called me '' lad '' in another thread so we''re both as blind as bats [;)][/quote]not so much blind but unable to see down the internetfairly fortunate that (genetics I suppose) I usually pass for around the 50 mark though I did find my fist grey pubic hair a few weeks back

.... I shan''t be getting a kebab there again !

Tangerine Dream were there in October 1975, left after about 45 mins, it wasn''t and still isn''t my my type of music.

Lord Horn, I''ll be at the Gate tomorrow night and I can give you a match report in the Jube on Saturday.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Have Supergrass ever played there, or am I remembering that wrong?[/quote]

Were they supported by The Enemywithin?