Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

POTS

In current order and with an even lower starting base than last season I would go

Pinto - great attitude and we cant win without him in the starting XI

Jerome - Applies himself every single, a great pro.

Wes - That he remains our best and most influential midfielder at 34 tells the story of our midfield.

Agree that Jerome, Howson and Pinto are all honourable mentions but it is Wes for me. He often makes going to a match worthwhile just knowing he is playing. Amazing he has missed out all these last years ( is it 9?!!!). And I don''t think it is a question of being kind because he hasn''t won it. If it was the ROI team he would have won it two years in a row for sure, so popular is he. No, it''s for his constant pressing and busy movement that unsettles every team as well as the moments of sheer skill that make the crowds around you cheer.

I was at the Rotherham game and he was one that gave 100% throughout, desperately trying to find the key to unlocking the defence as well as tracking back every time. I''ve never seen him work as hard.

He is committed and he has been a loyal servant ( Villa episode now forgiven). Hope ge goes on to a testimonial with us. He was one of the main things Roeder gave us to be pleased about. Wes for me in a difficult year and he shades it over other very committed players ...Howson, Jerome and Pinto especially. Pritchard is starting to look as committed but Wes does the business most times.