Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What were the defence doing .... I will tell you

Friggin'' ball watching again !

Week after week it is the same problem, forget your man and watch the ball.

Leave the man unmarked and leave him with a free header.

For players at this level it is beyond incompetence, it borders on the criminal.

How come this does not seem to be being picked up ?

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Two crosses, two goals! I think we are the worst at conceding headed goals![/quote]

Check out those that can be seen again

and each time you can see our players watching the ball, not their man

and when the ball comes over they are not in a position to correctly challenge

I agree. I have started watching back the goals we concede in slow motion and the marking is horrendous. Martin is generally just bouncing around marking nobody and pointing at others, his centre back partner is usually the wrong side of the man heading the bell and the full backs have usually been sucked into the middle to mark men they perceive as spare leaving the man at the far post a free run at a header. It all looks a complete mess.

Re: What were the defence doing .... I will tell you........

......Were the defence watching a Cessna tugging a protest banner?........

[quote user="Flashman"]Friggin'' ball watching again![/quote]
[Y] Spot on Flashman, it''s an issue time and time again, I saw it at Rotherham and Burton, the ball doesn''t put itself in the net from a cross, so mark the players! 

Where was Whittaker for the first goal and where did the cross come from for the second Blackburn goal?

Who on earth thought Whittaker could be our back up left back this season?

Does anybody think McGovern should have done better claiming the cross for their second goal ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Does anybody think McGovern should have done better claiming the cross for their second goal ?[/quote][Y]Rooted on his line, then a token dive.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 12/03/2017 4:14 PM:

Does anybody think McGovern should have done better claiming the cross for their second goal ?

I''d settle for him doing something, does not come for crosses atall.

It''s as though we could have kept Alex as manager but just made him amager of the attack and then appointed a manger for defence.

I don''t think that anyone is complaining much about Norwich''s (joint) second high goal scored tally.

Blackburn clearly made a tactical choice to try and put Joao on Pinto- all their crosses and longer balls were sent in that direction.

It''s scary how easily teams just float balls into our box, over our defenders heads for the waiting attacking player to just nod the ball home.Thank god this side never played against Stoke in the Pulis Rory Delap long throw days. It''d be carnage.

To be honest, the games/goals I have seen, nobody organises anything properly at set pieces. Back to the missing leader, not necessarily captain, of the team.

Forward play might have progressed in modern day football but defending has gone backwards.

Where is the Dunc style of organisation?

Interesting that all the people I''ve spoken to who booed the substitution wanted to go 3 at the back. Now that would be achieved by Pinto joining Martin & Bennett at cb, that in itself I should bad enough. The wing backs would be, ah yes Wes & Josh.

Unless of course you brought on Seb & took off......?

In either system, it would have been Wes, Pritchard or Murphy taken off. And yes, if Seb had come on, that would have meant Wes at left wing back unless you pulled Tettey or Howson out there. Not easy and the more educated supporters around me were saying ''what else could he do''?