Sign in to follow this  
coops

Derby approach Rowett

Not hanging about.

They knew it wasn''t working with McClaren, got rid, identified who they wanted immediately & approached him.

For what its worth, I would prefer Warburton, but annoying to see a team act so decisively

I''ve no doubt both us & Derby sounded him out before recent events and he probably pledged to Derby.

Given his history with them I''m not surprised, not too upset at losing out on Rowett although it''s not a done deal yet... BUT, I''m very surprised Derby aren''t going in for bigger and more experienced name.

We won''t appoint, or even consider, Warburton. Too much baggage - left Brentford under mysterious circumstances and then left Rangers under mysterious circumstances whilst doing a good job at both.Far too risky for our owners and rightly so.The fact that he ended up at Rangers after leaving Brentford and that there hasn''t been a queue of Clubs wanting him since he left Rangers should tell you all you need to know.He will not be our new Manager

"then left Rangers under mysterious circumstances whilst doing a good job at both"

Making Plans, I don''t think many Rangers fans would agree he was doing a good job. Poor signings, poor performances and a strict adherence to a playing system which wasn''t working.

I think the Forest thing was a get out before he was pushed.

Apples

There was nothing all that mysterious about Warburton leaving the Bees - ultimately the owner wanted to put in a completely new structure which MW didn''t fancy. It stumped many supporters but they are happy to go along with the owner as he''s taken the club a long way, including soon to a new ground. As it goes, the guy that game in only lasted a few months.

Our future/next manager scouts are (as I type) circumnavigating not just planet earth, but far and beyond our solar system in pursuit of our next coach......At the end of the week an announcement will be made that he was in our backyard all the time......Mr Irvine.......probably?.......

It''s hard to criticise our board because this only becomes an issue if they were ever interested in him in the first place!

Don''t expect an announcement by the end of the week. Irvine was asked to take charge for two matches. Meaning new structure in place by end of month (for game after next).

I thought Ed Balls said there would be an announcement on the new structure this week? Granted this isn''t the new manager but still important - if it''s a DoF or similar that means it affects who would want the manager''s job. And then we''ll be waiting for two names to be announced.

Like another poster, I wondered if Worthy might be named as a DOF. Lives in the area, big friends of Delia, lots of knowledge.

Steve Stone to be CEO, Nephew Tom chairman?

As for Rowett, I think we are interested and he could have a choice. Guess Derby might be of interest if his family live in the area.

I reckon we could go for a left field appointment however. I think we might find out around Friday/Saturday myself.