Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Alex Neil to Derby.

Also saw a report linking him to Birmingham on tinternet earlier too, to replace Zola

I swear, if he goes on to be top of the league this time next year then someone has quite clearly put a hex on Carrow road.

[quote user="lake district canary"]No. As for Alex Neil, he will be hot property. His cv in his short career is second to none, depite the difficulties in the last year or so. Derby? Why not?

[/quote]

...second to none??.....relegation followed by a huge under achievment the following year?

...look at the calibre of clubs Lambert now has to entertain and that''s after doing better than Neil did, that''ll be the very best Neil will hope for, bottom Championship clubs...maybe League One, my guess is he''ll need to go back to Scotland to rebuild his reputation

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]No. As for Alex Neil, he will be hot property. His cv in his short career is second to none, depite the difficulties in the last year or so. Derby? Why not?

[/quote]

...second to none??.....relegation followed by a huge under achievment the following year?

...look at the calibre of clubs Lambert now has to entertain and that''s after doing better than Neil did, that''ll be the very best Neil will hope for, bottom Championship clubs...maybe League One, my guess is he''ll need to go back to Scotland to rebuild his reputation[/quote]

Has like most managers been successful and unsucessful. In his short career has two promotions to a top league in two different countries, as well as one relegation.  And Hughton failed at Norwich - did that stop him?

I would think this is Derby acting very quickly to get a manager in who we may be interested in.

I would say Rowett to Derby is a shoe-in

....most employers will view what he''s done in the last 2 years, ahead of the 2 years prior to that......and that will preclude him getting a certain level of job.

In the Championship , he''s a one half of a season where he had one of the best squads in the league who were underachiving , to perform and get promoted.

In two thirds of this ,with once again ,one of the stronger squads, it was pretty much a disaster.

He''d be unlikely to be given a strong squad to work with from the off in this league again, we can only guess what he''d do with bad team in this league?!?

......That leaves Scotland, where I imagine his repuation is probably still intact.

Neil''s next managerial position will be back in Scotland - probably with his former and soon to be relegated club Hamilton next season.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Greavsy"]Evening mark.[/quote]You and Nightfly are way off beam on this one.  Chops is Chops as sure as eggs is eggs.

[/quote]

You are either right or wrong LDC.

I dont think its the former.

Steve Mcclaren has...

Won the league cup

Led Twente to their first ever Dutch league title

Got a team to the UEFA Cup Final

Second to none by some people''s standards.