Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

It's not parses according to BBC.

"Alan Pardew is not in the running to become the new Norwich City manager, BBC Radio Norfolk understands."

Hardly conclusive. Hardly surprising if true either.

If the super-injunction rumours are true, then can''t see us going for Pardew, Community club won''t want to be tainted by any potential scandal.

I did read the other day Gary Holt had expressed an interest. Have a feeling we will bring in an experienced manager as a Director of Football and then youngish head coach.

Probably be Something like a Worthington/Holt combo 😂.

For me, whoever it is could well depend on the new structure - with a Director of Football, a less experienced ''manager/head coach'' may work out best? Certainly Warburton left Brentford as the owner was putting in a ''European'' system that he didn''t fancy. I guess we wait and see.

Agreed Lessingham, personally i cant see us appointing the manager until the new structure is in place.

At best announce all together, but i think it will be structure this week, with CEO and DoF names announced.

Then their job will be to appoint the manager.

As Lessingham says it does seem likely that we go down the DoF route and that IMO creates a problem for a Warburton type manager coming here. I can''t see him reporting to a DoF, he seems to be a total hands on Manager and when Brentford wanted to go the moneyball route it went against his beliefs and was a major factor in him leaving. I am now more inclined to think that we will go for an up and coming young coach to be advised by the DoF. I may be wrong, I generally am buts that''s my thoughts.

Greavsy very much doubt there will be a CEO, the club want to move away from that, a Chief Operating Officer (to cover everything to do with day 2 day running of the business, as CE but without football responsibility) my money is on Steve Stone. The DOF have no idea, could be Hodgson (can we afford him?) could be anyone.

I''d agree with Steve Stone, having stepped up twice, and from what we understand made a good go of it, both times. Certainly comes across very well in the media too.

DoF, I''m not ITK, but don''t think it will be hodgson, personally, as they could have done it before now, with him being available and all that.