Sign in to follow this  
daly

Smug Balls

What some of you need to realise, the age of the chairman as the owner and dictator of a football club have gone. It is the CEO who controls and pulls the strings along with the owners, the days of Geoffrey Watling, Bob Lord , Manny Cussins etc. have gone. Ed is on the board but is a figurehead, just like the chairman of a modern business .

[quote user="Old Shuck"]As regards sackings, timings and the press conference, most people, as a rule, are doing their job in the normal, routine and day to day manner until they are sacked.You''re employed and performing the work as directed.You''re sacked. End of.If anyone at Aviva gets sacked, I don''t think people are going to wonder why they were still allowed to prep the afternoon Powerpoint presentation or go round seeing who wants a coffee before they were sacked.[/quote]Apples and oranges. I don''t think the average Aviva manager has Paddy Davitt firing questions at him or shareholders demanding his head on a plate after reading what he''s said in the EDP.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I wouldn''t want Irvine for the job, but was very disappointed to hear that a man who has been taking wages off the club, and is some way partly responsible for current performances is not prepared to say " i would love the opportunity to manage this club" speaks volume in my book.[/quote]

Or just perhaps Lessingham, he hasn''t had a managers job in the 3 years since he was sacked by WBA because he doesn''t want to be a manager at this point in his life? He could be very happy just being a coach/assistant and enjoy being able to leave work behind him at the end of the day instead of spend every waking moment thinking and worrying about his team and whether he''ll have a job in a weeks time....