Sign in to follow this  
daly

Smug Balls

Just shows how this BOD and Ed Balls are completely out of touch with reality. I was an advocate of AN leaving weeks ago but the way they did it was disgusting. They could have held their Board meeting earlier or cancelled the Press Conference so as not to embarrass AN into stating his plans for the summer.

They obviously did not just turn up and state We''ll sack the Manager today.

Balls is a LIAR and thinks us supporters are idiots

You wanted him sacked.He got sacked.You got what you wanted.Stop whining.

Whether Alex Neil had to do a press conference or not is totally irrelevant. In a week''s time no one will care about the manner of his departure. All that matters is that the right decision was made.

It''s now time for the fans to start rallying around the club and act like supporters.

A couple of points;

1/ The club are obligated (i believe) to carry out a press conference the day before a game.

2/ I have a feeling AN new what was coming, probably got wind that Balls & Co were in a meeting, so used the platform to get his message across that he wanted a clear out in the summer.

The decision is now made, and 99% believe it was correct, personally glad it was made now and not in May, all the focus now is on the club getting the new structure right, and appointing a manager that can start to pull everyone together. I fear our problems are more deeply rooted than just getting AN out, there was a surreal mood around CR yesterday that suggests a lot of work to be done by the club in building bridges.

I wonder if Balls was arguing for a clear out in the summer? I very much doubt it. But he''s nodding like a woodpecker to the interviewer''s questions and shifting the blame like one would expect a seasoned politician to do.

[quote user="Herman"]You wanted him sacked.He got sacked.You got what you wanted.Stop whining.[/quote]

Herman

I think the majority of supporters wanted him out weeks ago

The Manner of the Sacking was out of order

Agree that most fans wanted him gone earlier. Not sure that the manner of the dismissal is that big an issue - mainly just people with an axe to grind seizing any opportunity to have a moan at the board.

[quote user="daly"]Just shows how this BOD and Ed Balls are completely out of touch with reality. I was an advocate of AN leaving weeks ago but the way they did it was disgusting. They could have held their Board meeting earlier or cancelled the Press Conference so as not to embarrass AN into stating his plans for the summer.

They obviously did not just turn up and state We''ll sack the Manager today.

Balls is a LIAR and thinks us supporters are idiots[/quote]Yeah, the ex-politician who studied at Oxford, has been Economic Secretary to the Treasury, shadow Home Secretary, shadow Chancellor, a Harvard teaching fellow AND a successful Strictly contestant is an idiot and a Pink Un poster is his intellectual nemesis, seeing through his veneer of credibility and exposing him for the dunce no-one else has been able to see him as.It''s abundantly clear to any regulars on here that you don''t like him Daly, we get that. But repeatedly posting this tedious b*llocks is just proving who the real idiot is. At least you''ve stopped flinging dishinest mud around about expenses after Purple and others called you out.

The timing of Neil''s sacking just looks like poor organisation. It''s not like we haven''t seen poor organisation before when it comes to the running of the club.

I would have preferred it if the announcement has been deferred until Saturday, AN and his family called on to the pitch just before kick off, pubically handed his P45 on the centre circle, followed by replays on the big screen.

Would really have lifted the atmosphere.

[quote user="VW"]I would have preferred it if the announcement has been deferred until Saturday, AN and his family called on to the pitch just before kick off, pubically handed his P45 on the centre circle, followed by replays on the big screen.

Would really have lifted the atmosphere.[/quote]Instead of a board decision, maybe employ a clapometer?

Possibly after the sacking he could have been placed in one of those big plastic balls used for half time entertainment and made to roll himself around the ground

I''d like to put Nephew Tom into one of those and roll it into the Wensum.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]A couple of points; 1/ The club are obligated (i believe) to carry out a press conference the day before a game. 2/ I have a feeling AN new what was coming, probably got wind that Balls & Co were in a meeting, so used the platform to get his message across that he wanted a clear out in the summer. The decision is now made, and 99% believe it was correct, personally glad it was made now and not in May, all the focus now is on the club getting the new structure right, and appointing a manager that can start to pull everyone together. I fear our problems are more deeply rooted than just getting AN out, there was a surreal mood around CR yesterday that suggests a lot of work to be done by the club in building bridges.[/quote]

Well said Lessingham. I agree with that. In particular the atmosphere at the ground. It ranged from a pre season friendly at the start , then the "You don''t know what your doing" stuff, to the exodus / Sack the board when Blackburn scored. I haven''t experienced it for a long time. Add in a quite diabolical referring performance (anyone see how Hooper DIDNT give Murphy a foul in the first half when he was sandwiched ?- I actually thought it was TWO fouls!) , the sight of Irvine staring at his shoes for long periods of time hoping the ground would swallow him up, and the general mutterings of discontent all through the match, and it was a day to forget.

Irvine missed a couple of tricks yesterday. The circumstances of the season called for a bold Lambert-esque  approach after the sending off, we don''t always have to swap one Murphy for another, and as you are trying to run down the clock why make a double substitution?

A few weeks ago my fear was Irvine getting the job. At least I don''t have to worry about that now.

I wouldn''t want Irvine for the job, but was very disappointed to hear that a man who has been taking wages off the club, and is some way partly responsible for current performances is not prepared to say " i would love the opportunity to manage this club" speaks volume in my book.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I wouldn''t want Irvine for the job, but was very disappointed to hear that a man who has been taking wages off the club, and is some way partly responsible for current performances is not prepared to say " i would love the opportunity to manage this club" speaks volume in my book.[/quote]Posters (many of whom claimed as a certainty that Neil would be here next season) really are scrabbling around to find really abstruse negatives, having had their main fox shot by the sacking of Neil and their predictions made to look stupid.Why has Irvine ruled himself out? At a guess, either because he has already been told he would not be getting the job even if he did apply, not least because the directors might well regard him as "partly responsible for current performances". And that the job is going to an outsider, which always seemed likely.Or because he at least is not totally stupid and even though he hasn''t been told outright he won''t be chosen he is as sure as he can be he has no chance at all, again because the directors might well regard him etc etc etc.PS. On similar lines of absurdity, the post blaming McNally for apparently plunging the club into an abyss forgot to lay at his door global warming, the Middle East refugee crisis or ethnic terrorism in the far west of China. I think we can all agree he was the guilty party in all of those, and many more catastrophes.

As regards sackings, timings and the press conference, most people, as a rule, are doing their job in the normal, routine and day to day manner until they are sacked.You''re employed and performing the work as directed.You''re sacked. End of.If anyone at Aviva gets sacked, I don''t think people are going to wonder why they were still allowed to prep the afternoon Powerpoint presentation or go round seeing who wants a coffee before they were sacked.

Nuff said wrote

Yeah, the ex-politician who studied at Oxford, has been Economic Secretary to the Treasury, shadow Home Secretary, shadow Chancellor, a Harvard teaching fellow AND a successful Strictly contestant is an idiot

Nuff Said loved the part about successful Strictly Come Dancing

The man is a liar

You might be taken in by his lies which probably is understandable but the meeting could have been held earlier and announcement made prior to AN making a prat of himself at the Press Conference

Sooner Balls and the rest of this out of date BOD rides in the sunset the better

We appear to be back to where we were 8 years or so ago. Manager either gone or about to, team not performing and crowd unhappy.

Those of us who wanted AN out have got what we want. Now we should be more optimistic that the future is looking good. We hopefully will have the Chairman''s choice of manager which is well experienced and been a winner. To me that is exciting. And excitement has been missing for some time.

We aren''t going to make the play offs but we aren''t going down either. So we can look forward to seeing the season out with hopefully a new beginning.

The sooner some of you get the chips off your shoulder the better.  Some of you seem to think footballing success is as easy as getting rid of everyone in control of the club - which it really isn''t.  Balls is a brilliant person to have on board - if you are big enough to see beyond his politics - and the board is experienced and well qualified to run things apart from a footballing CEO or DOF - and no doubt that is being addressed, hence the "restructuring" announcement.   The timing of the sacking of Neil was no big deal - he did his job and that was that.  His press conference held an obvious plea to be allowed to carry on - so he most have known the writing was on the wall because of the return to bad results again - so it should have been no surprise that he was called in, knowing there was a board meeting that day. All in all it''s a bit sad for the club that Neil didn''t succeed - he will probably do what Hughton did and go to another championship side and do well with them.  Getting the good ship NCFC on a good track has been difficult since Lambert and particularly Holt left.  Big characters.   Whatever the new structure is, I hope the people brought in are strong characters - they will need to be, especially if the sense of self-entitlement shown on here sometimes is reflected in the wider fan base.

[quote user="daly"]The man is a liar

You might be taken in by his lies which probably is understandable but the meeting could have been held earlier and announcement made prior to AN making a prat of himself at the Press Conference

Sooner Balls and the rest of this out of date BOD rides in the sunset the better[/quote]

So you don''t have any examples with credible evidence of lies, you''re just letting you political bias shine through again.

Load of Squit

Realise whatever comes out of Ed Balls mouth you believe

If you think that the Usual Suspects turned up for the Board Meeting not knowing that they were going to sack AN then you really are either very naïve or a True Red who believes what Ed says must be true

PS This from our Chairman who in the last 5 months has spent the majority of his time either on BBC Strictly or performing his antics on stage with the Road show or appearing on every going talk show he can get on and making a complete idiot of himself