Sign in to follow this  
dave2571

irvine ( its my opinion)

having been at the match on Saturday I now believe Mr Irvine a failed manager a few times over had a lot of influence over matters at NCFC since he arrived. I was at the match so feel I can have a say

Why take off Norwichs best player on the day up to that point(Pritchard) which also reflected what the crowd thought when players like Murphy were strolling around as if they were trying to shake off last nights party.Wes has lost that turn of speed now so ends up going round in circles if he doesn`t watch out he will end up disappearing up his own ar*e . I have seen Wes play some good games but at present he isn`t having a great influence on the games. some of the others need to take a long hard look at themselves also.

I don''t think replacing Holt with Irvine has had the desired effect and as I understand it Holt was a well liked coach at NCFC.

I''ve spoken to Everton and Preston fans who say Irvine is a great coach, and a very likeable man to have at the club. I don''t think we can start saying he was the problem and not Neil, and I think his reason for not changing the team (as the lineup had already announced a day or two prior to ANs departure) is genuine, so hopefully we will see some changes come the next game. And regardless, he doesn''t want the job anyway and I doubt he''ll be sticking around on the coaching staff.

With a full-back sent off, it was clearly necessary to replace him, and take off an attacking midfielder which meant Pritchard or Wes.  In recent games (as well as going back some years), Wes has been our best creative attacking player whereas Pritchard has only made an impact intermittently.  So sacrificing Pritchard was pretty much the textbook substitution at that point.

alex_ncfc wrote the following post at 13/03/2017 12:23 PM:

And regardless, he doesn''t want the job anyway and I doubt he''ll be sticking around on the coaching staff.

I hope he doesn''t stick around, but whilst he said he won''t be applying, for the role, he did not say that he didn''t want it, and he would be happy to consider staying in a role.

In answer to the OP my understanding is the Irvine has not been allowed to take much/any training. He made a reasonable decision on Saturday & if we take time appointing the next manager should be able to be relied upon to look after things protem.

Just for the sake of arguements what would be the response if City say decided on a new manager who wouldn''t be available till the season end or would the pressure to appoint someone/anyone be too much

Personally would''ve bought Wes off, don''t think you wanna be playing with ten men with Wes in it. In times gone by when going down to 10 men wes was usually the one sacrificed.

Could clearly see we were struggling down the left side with Whitts & Wes.

"Pritchard has only made an impact intermittently"

Sadly that sums up Wes'' season too. And Pritchard has only been played intermittently.

I personally think Irvine is a good coach, has bags of experience and could it in depending on what transpires this week.

As for the substitution, I was flabbergasted at the response of some in the crowd - a substitution was a must (given we had a full back on the bench), and given the setup it rather had to be one of Wes or Alex who came off. The chants did suggest a level of ignorance rather than deep footballing knowledge amongst those supporters.

who are you calling ignorant? I was there I would have taken off murphy who looked like he had thrown his toys out, we will never know but maybe just maybe if Pritchard had stayed on we may have won he looked the most likely to be up for a fight Wes was crap. Like I said its just an opinion

Sorry but you really need ambitious demanding coach not one who doesnt want the responsibility of being number one.

We need management who are demanding of themselves the players etc.

I actually think the crowds response to that substitution was less about the detail of the substitution and more about the fans making sure they let the board know that they weren''t about to accept Irvine as a possible replacement for Neil.

I don''t think it was about tactical ignorance, it was just the first opportunity for the crowd to unleash some pent up emotion after a bonkers 24 hours!

And for what it''s worth I agree with dave. Murphy wouldve been my choice to come off. He seems to offer zero defensively (yes I know, much like the rest of the team), which is a luxury for a team with 10. (Just my opinion)

I disagree re Murphy. Firstly, he''d just set up the goal so I''m not sure how he was having as bad as game as people are saying.

Secondly, I suspect that with 10 men Irvine thought we would see less of the ball and would need to counter attack, which requires pace.

So I agree that Murphy offers little defensively but he''s the only player that was likely to offer Jerome any kind of support due to his pace.

It was a straight choice between Pritchard and Wes for me.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]I''ve spoken to Everton and Preston fans who say Irvine is a great coach, and a very likeable man to have at the club. I don''t think we can start saying he was the problem and not Neil, and I think his reason for not changing the team (as the lineup had already announced a day or two prior to ANs departure) is genuine, so hopefully we will see some changes come the next game. And regardless, he doesn''t want the job anyway and I doubt he''ll be sticking around on the coaching staff.[/quote]I expect he has already been tipped the nod so to speak as to the direction the clubUntil we see what is what after the restructuring  wants to take which does not include him - hence the early statement.As said previously I do not think this restructuring merely involves fitting in a new manager as you kght with a car part.It would suggest that there were demarcation questions, most likely who was responsible for what etc so we cannot know what type of manager the club wants until then. Clearly It would have to be someone who can get us promoted next season, and then continue to manage in the P, should that happen. Who will have the final say on youth players playing for the snior team. The u23''s are now in the semi finals of a cup. Who should have firt claim. Them or the senior squad. Despite the usual silly bleats there has been far more going right at the club than has been not going right. I suspect that there has been problems with certain senior players not knuckling down and getting on with it. Whether they were right or not we can''t know.. though it seems as if the same players were wanting out, or loaned out etcHow much of the summer clearout will be who the club want out and who the player wants out.

ps personally I would keep Whittaker, who is up to another Championship season.