Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Head buried in the sand...

Just had a listen to Worthy''s post-match commments (available from the link below)...

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/norfolk/nigel_worthington_20050924_au_nb.rm

I was more struck than anything by the fact that he was convinced that we were playing well and simply weren''t taking chances in front of goal...

Now, in my view all managers make mistakes on the pitch, and one of the best things about Worthy was that he was always willing to admit when he was at fault. But for me, failing to carve out a single worthwhile opportunity in a match is more than just a problem with finishing...

I have no problem with Worthy telling us that he''s in charge and that he''s the one who makes the decisions (although he didn''t put it well), I''d consider him a weak and indecisive leader if he didn''t take this stance...

I''m much more worried by the fact that he seems to be starting to bury his head in the sand instead of addressing the his failings and the failings of his team.

Thanks for the link Ark, ive been wanting to hear worthington''s post match comments for myself, for a while now!