Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New Manager - who do YOU want?

[quote user="king canary"]I do love the annual Indy Bones unrealistic managerial target list.

Villas Boas? Really?[/quote]The question posed by the OP was "Who do YOU want", and those are the names that ideally I''d want to come in, doesn''t matter if they are pretty unrealistic or not.

I think one of the frustrating things we''ve suffered from with Neil, McAvoy and Ricky Martin is a problem in attracting players to the club. None of them have any decent profile in the game in England, or more importantly, Europe. That''s why I think Roy Hodgson would be a good appointment as Director of Football. Then, we need a good coach to look after the team - but I doubt someone like Pardew would want to work ''under'' Roy Hodgson. Maybe Rowett or Warburton would.

Has the "Roy Hodgson for Norwich DOF" actually been speculated upon by any independent press or sources?

Or is it just, literally, about that he is a friend of Delias?

i would love to have Ryan Giggs here Risky i know but has so much knowledge of the game / contacts and instant respect from players

I wanted Rowett, but he may well be going to Derby (although he turned down Forest because he thought the owner was sack-happy and might feel the same about going to a club that is about to have its sixth manager in just over a year...).But if, as Archant journalists seem to think, we are having a  fully-fledged director of football then the argument changes. We don''t need someone who has proved themselves as a manager. What we need is a talented coach. So someone like - or even such as - Steve Clarke, comes into the frame.

I would like Warburton but apprently he has been in talks with Forest but i think that we are still in with a chance if we want him, Rowett could be going to Derby, lets say they both go to those respective clubs then i seriously dont know I have the feeling we will be underwhelmed as that is what generally happens.

Are we going big name? Or DoF and Coach? Or Punt?

Big name: Frank de Boer

DoF and Coach: Hodgson and Neville

Punt: Uwe Rosler

I''d rather complain bitterly about whoever we finally appoint, than come up with a prospective name now.

Below is the betting for the next Arsenal manager.

Massimiliano Allegri 2/1

Ronald Koeman 10/1

Thomas Tuchel 12/1

Rafael Benitez 12/1

Luis Enrique 14/1

Diego Simeone 14/1

Eddie Howe 14/1

Brendan Rodgers 14/1

Patrick Vieira 16/1

Leonardo Jardim 18/1

Michael Laudrup 25/1

Thierry Henry 25/1

Laurent Blanc 25/1

Dennis Bergkamp 25/1

Frank De Boer 25/1

Manuel Pellegrini 25/1

Joachim Loew 25/1

Dragan Stojkovic 25/1

Ralph Hasenhuttl 25/1

Jorge Sampaoli 25/1

Roberto Mancini 25/1

Claudio Ranieri 28/1

Marco Silva 28/1

Juan Carlos Unzue 33/1

Unai Emery 33/1

Claude Puel 33/1

Roger Schmidt 33/1

Maurizio Sarri 33/1

Andries Jonker 33/1

Roberto Martinez 33/1

Jose Mourinho 33/1

Steve Bould 40/1

David Wagner 40/1

Didier Deschamps 40/1

Jurgen Klopp 40/1

Carlo Ancelotti 40/1

Paul Clement 50/1

Giovanni van Bronckhorst 50/1

Antoine Kombouare 50/1

Vincenzo Montella 66/1

Quique Sanchez Flores 66/1

Sean Dyche 66/1

Mauricio Pochettino 66/1

Slaven Bilic 80/1

Jurgen Klinsmann 80/1

Dick Advocaat 100/1

Martin O''Neill 100/1

Marcelino García Toral 100/1

Harry Redknapp 100/1

Luiz Felipe Scolari 100/1

Frank Rijkaard 100/1

Louis van Gaal 100/1

Gary Neville 100/1

Fabio Capello 100/1

Instead of us selling ourselves short with some of the mediocre suggestions that have been made take a look at the list and dream a bit!

We deserve much more than some of the suggestions and can offer much to an ambitious manager.

Yes, there are many there who would never even think about becoming our manager but there are also some there who would grasp the opportunity with both hands to make a name for himself with a club such as ours, if only we, too, were ambitious enough!

I''m more certain about who I don''t want. In decending order of dislike - Hodgson, Pardew, Giggs, either Neville, Rowett, Gary Holt or Warburton. In the case of Hodgson I wouldn''t want him as a director of football either.

Thomas Tuchel, wanted him when we appointed Hughton.

perhaps Hannes Wolf is the next one to come through from Bundesliga II.

[quote user="Alex "]Thought it''d be interesting to see who Pink''un posters want as the new manager, is there actually an overwhelming first choice for the supporters? Pick one name and we''ll see how it develops over the coming days, could be interesting.

Difficult choice, but it''s Mark Warburton for me. Done whatever Rowett''s done and then some. As for Hodgson, I doubt he will get near the vacancy - he''s 70 years old in 5 months time!.[/quote]

As long as the Stowmarket Two and Ballsup are in post I have no confidence in whatever appointments or structures they come up with.

They have lost all credibility and the only way forward now is to phone up Red Bull and work out a price for them to buy the entire issued share capital in the club.

The Stowmarket Two are going to go back to the 1998 model when they appointed the Blarneymeister as DOF and Rioch as manager. It failed then and will fail again. A new structure with lots of cooks spoiling the broth is going to be a recipe for Bananarama league football down the line.

The Board have been spooked by two CEO departures in under a year and so they are now, wrongly, going to tamper with the structure to no good effect.

Mark my words........................trouble ahead.

Delia, Wynnie and Ballsup out!!

[quote user="Big Vince"]Ballsup out!![/quote]You''re so clever Vinnie, I don''t know how you think up such clever names. [*]

I would like to steal Gary monk at the end of the season from Leeds👍Given they don''t obviously get promoted.

Or Wagner from huddersfield.

Failing those 2 I would take pardew.

My unrealistic target would be Brendan Rogers at Celtic always liked the football his teams have played Swansea ect

Realistic target would be Wagner, his squad is very organised and I think they play some of the most exciting football in the league.

Funny that, my dad also mentioned Rodgers at the weekend, based on the fact that Celtic have won the league by a million points and he cannot really do anything else up there.

He needs to come back to England to get noticed again but it would probably be at a low-end Prem team

Plus his football bores me...

As long as the Stowmarket Two and Ballsup are in post I have no confidence in whatever appointments or structures they come up with.

They have lost all credibility and the only way forward now is to phone up Red Bull and work out a price for them to buy the entire issued share capital in the club.

The Stowmarket Two are going to go back to the 1998 model when they appointed the Blarneymeister as DOF and Rioch as manager. It failed then and will fail again. A new structure with lots of cooks spoiling the broth is going to be a recipe for Bananarama league football down the line.

The Board have been spooked by two CEO departures in under a year and so they are now, wrongly, going to tamper with the structure to no good effect.

Mark my words........................trouble ahead.

Delia, Wynnie and Ballsup out!!
Good helpful post pig minceJust as some might have forgotten how dim you simple suffolk farmhands are....up you pop to remind us