Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New Manager - who do YOU want?

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 12/03/2017 10:30 PM:

OK, some people want Hodgson as a DoF. How much do you think he''ll want paying for that role? He won''t do it as a favour for Delia, I am sure.

Dont expect him to do it for free, but whatever he''s offered it eill be 100% more than he''s getting now, currently being unemployed.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Mark Bowen

[/quote]What not Morty or Nightfly or what ever his sign is now that he''s been banned?????????

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Rangnick is DOF at Red Bull Leipzig who are doing pretty well in the Bundesliga ATM, so can''t see that happening![/quote]Can''t see us going for Rösler who''s also doing well with Fleetwood and will likely be beating us next season either - for all sorts of reasons.But I was asked who I''d want for manager.

The Nightfly wrote the following post at 12/03/2017 11:18 PM:

He did indeed Greavsy, he''s at Western Sydney Wanderers as Assistant Manager.

👍👍👍👍

As Keith Scott has mentioned previously, any of the following would almost certainly guarantee us a top 6 finish next season,

1. Martin O''Neill

2. Harry Redknapp

3. Slavisa Jokanovic

4. Mick McCarthy

5. Neil Warnock

In sixth spot would be Uwe Rosler. Hodgson would be interesting, still think he could do a job.

Pardew would be a shambles. 6 wins in last 36 games, shipping goals for fun. And with the quality of that squad.

Sound familiar?......

Look out, Keith Scott is referring to himself in the third person, can''t be long before full dissociative identity disorder starts.

Other than Jokanovic, that is possibly the worst list I had ever seen.

As for Jokanovic, he has got Fulham going in the right direction so can''t see him leaving.

For me, I would look at Heckingbottom

I''ve said before we should look abroad, different way of thinking, playing and coaching as well as knowledge of players we may know nothing about.Some may see it as a risk, but you could say that about Rowett, Warburton or anyone.

Indeed, but we should look to minimise the risk as much as possible, given the importance that next season will become, and indeed the recruitment process in the summer.

We need to attract players to the club with a marquee managerial appointment.

Wagner if we can get him. Grayson another possible or Warburton.Hodgeson as dof. Need a clear out of the existing coaching team given our defensive performances this season.

Whoever mentioned Jokanovic, that''s a great shout. Doubt it''d be easy to take him away from Fulham though, both in terms of him wanting to leave and financially as well.I''d like to see Pardew but I think his appointment would divide the supporters too much from the off. I know he''s had several sour endings with teams he''s managed, but he gets clubs promoted. I''ve never quite got the Rowett hype, but I think he''d be someone everyone would get behind. He''ll probably end up at Derby now though, given his connections with the club.It''s slim pickings to be honest, in terms of out of work managers.

Rummun - "I''ve never quite got the Rowett hype"Nor have I - I am not sure why he is so highly rated.Gary Monk if we could get him - which I doubt. Paul Heckingbottom I guess, but none of those that are likely to be available attract me - particularly not Pardew.

1) Lucien Favre2) Marcelo Gallardo3) Andre Villas-Boas4) Garry Monk5) Markus WeinzierlAdmittedly it''s a completely unrealistic list in most cases, but just MAYBE we could pull a rabbit out of a hat...

A good cultural fit might be Warburton with Hodgson as DoF. Decent, pleasant, media-friendly men who know football. I could see that working pretty well in Norfolk.

Depends what impact (if any) the board wish to make upon the future Norwich City culture...

Unimpressed with Pardew (our record with "names" coming to the club is woeful) Warburton (found out in a 1 team league) or Rowett (style)

Would probably be OK with a Hecking bottom but I prefer the overseas approach - someone in teh wagner mould like Torsten Lieberknecht working under a Director of Football of the calibre of Hodgson would be perfect - please dont let that role go to RM.

Why do people keep mentioning Rowett? We''re not a league one or two side (yet!).

If we are going down the ''proper'' DOF route, then we may actually have to scour Europe for real this time, to find someone used to and willing to work within that setup. Which as Mr C says, increases the risk slightly.

Pardew for me as not only is he out of work and a free agent, I think he would shake things up a bit. Yes he''s had long term failure at some clubs but that doesn''t mean it will always happen, plus I believe he would definitely get us promoted next year.

If we could tempt a manager in work, Monk or Wagner would be my top choices.

As with others, really don''t get this Rowett obsession, he strikes me as an inexperienced option. I think the job is too big for him.

Pardew was my original first choice but since the negative reaction from a few fans to him I''m not sure it''s a good idea. Need to be united with the next appointment otherwise it''ll be doomed from the off.

Warburton I''m very 50:50 about. Done well at Brentford but don''t lije the way he''s applied for other jobs whilst employed. Wouldn''t want him doing that here. Plus why sign joey Barton then suspend him for acting like Joey Barton?

Rowett i don''t think will get best out of players we have here. Style seems very bland.

Jankovic fron Fulham is looking superb but has just signed a new contract and Fulham on the up so very unlikely.

Think I''m looking for a foreign name now and hope we can pull out another Wagner or Jankovic.