Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New Manager - who do YOU want?

Thought it''d be interesting to see who Pink''un posters want as the new manager, is there actually an overwhelming first choice for the supporters? Pick one name and we''ll see how it develops over the coming days, could be interesting.

Difficult choice, but it''s Mark Warburton for me. Done whatever Rowett''s done and then some. As for Hodgson, I doubt he will get near the vacancy - he''s 70 years old in 5 months time!.

Warburton for me (in the absence of a David Wagner type, that we have scouted Europe for)

Anyone thought that we could/would entice Steve Bruce here?

Agree with all above, Warburton for me. Did a great job for Brentford and Rangers, would be the perfect fit.

In order warburton, rowlett, rosler.

But unlike many others on here, With any of those, apart from perhaps warburton,would like to see Hodgson in as director of football. He has experience and most importantly contacts which will really help the club and new manager.

Whoever comes also needs to bring a strong coaching team, especially defence and a willingness to bring youth players through.

I''m really not bothered.Whoever is appointed is likely to be gone before 2020.Managers seldom last beyond 3 years. We''ve had nine this century and that doesn''t include temporary stand ins.

I''m hoping for Rowett. However with our owners history of managerial appointments I fear a thorough search of top European cities, only to find that the best man was in Mulbarton all along.

McCarthy, but that ain''t going to happen (ticks all the boxes).

Rowett would be next choice currently out there.

Tricky. I wanted Warburton when we got AN in...my main concern is that at Brentford it was a case of him really knowing the club, he''d been there a while and very much involved in player recruitment so knew it inside and out, player strengths etc - more similar to a Walker/Stringer scenario where continuity was the thing.

Interesting, Warburton is the absolute overwhelming favourite so far this evening. Hear you there Eddie and Waveney, and Ricardo fair point, just, would a 70 year old man i.e Hodgson really start up a new post at that age? I must admit I''d be amazed, though that''s not to say that I wouldn''t be adverse to him being in the Director of Football role if we create one and he wanted it - superb contacts etc, could be good for us.

Keep them coming folks, will be interesting to see the outcome once everyone gets their favoured manager in on this ''poll''.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]However with our owners history of managerial appointments I fear a thorough search of top European cities, only to find that the best man was in Mulbarton all along.

[/quote]Image result for shocked emoticonImage result for shocked emoticon

...didn''t mean to post without some choices. I think Warburton would still be in my top 3, probably with Rowett and Pardew - but ultimately there''s a lot going on we don''t know about. If we do have a Director of Football, it would need to be someone willing to fit into that structure.

Pardew.

I don''t particularly like the guy but he is a name players recognise, which is important for recruitment. We have done the "young and up and coming" manager, so not Rowett for me, who will likely go to Derby anyway.

Warburton seems a safe, slightly meek option, whereas Pardew is more likely to kick the boardroom door open, bang on the table and shout ''You, Smith, I want 30 million, and I want it right frigging now".

OK, some people want Hodgson as a DoF. How much do you think he''ll want paying for that role? He won''t do it as a favour for Delia, I am sure.

How much gain, do people think we will get, from a DoF?

Oh and as a caveat (sp? ) keep Hodgson on for quite a while (yeah I know he''s nearly 70, but how strenuous is a dof) and then if we do need to change manager can we please try to keep to a manager who plays a similar style (much like clubs tend to do on the continent) rather than ooh whose the current hot thing, and then have a squad who doesn''t suit the system.

Put long term plans in place that this is the wayear we play football (ideally all the way down to youth teams). Then bring in managers who are capable of playing that way. This format of continuity just seems so much cheaper and simpler (though also slightly limiting) than chop and changing with each new manager.