Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

FAO Herman

Herman don''t know if you have read the reports about disgusting Millwall fans racist chanting to son about selling DVDs? Is this racist ? And what''s the insult ? I''ve struggled to find anything explaining it online just that it''s a disgrace ? Thought I''d ask you asks you know about these things from reading the guardian 😮

"He''s selling 3 for a fiver was also heard"

A well know racist chant aimed at Asian footballers.( so I have just discovered )

In similar vein to " where''s your caravan" which is often heard at CR which as far as I am aware has never been raised as an issue.

Both chants are by defenition racist.

[quote user="VW"]"He''s selling 3 for a fiver was also heard"

A well know racist chant aimed at Asian footballers.( so I have just discovered )

In similar vein to " where''s your caravan" which is often heard at CR which as far as I am aware has never been raised as an issue.

Both chants are by defenition racist.[/quote]I can see why the 3 for a £5 could be construed as rascist, but not "where''s your caravan" as it is a story by Chris Hargreaves of a footballers life in the lower divsions. Using it to get to the opponents fans is to show them where they are heading. My take on it anyway.

I can see why the 3 for a £5 could be construed as rascist, but not "where''s your caravan" as it is a story by Chris Hargreaves of a footballers life in the lower divsions. Using it to get to the opponents fans is to show them where they are heading. My take on it anyway.

Ah that''s fine then, I thought it was more of a chant used when the crowd identify a player, longish hair etc sort of thing, and they try to identify him with the travelling community .

It is complicated as you say, what about if your sister is a sheep, is that allowed????

To get back on track, whilst i totally agree there is no place for racism and the like in society there is a very fine line between acceptability, particularly at football matches, between banter, and abuse.

A lot of things chanted at football grounds, would never be tolerated outside of that environment.

Just imagine a group of say 10 lads, not associated to any football event, walking down a high street, on a Saturday afternoon chanting some of the more colourful terrace offerings, they would soon be stopped.

I guess it''s a context thing, but does it make it acceptable?

It''s a piss take of the Chinese looky-looky men who used to go around from pub to pub. It''s mildly racist, if that is a possible thing that can be mild.

The only slight positive is that it''s not as bad as stuff that used to get chanted.

What do you get if you cross a sheep with George Michael?

A woolly woofter

What do you get if you cross a sheep with George Michael?

A woolly woofternd

Eh? Not the slightest bit funny.

Sad little yokel.

The thickee yokels strike again.

Sad creature.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]What do you get if you cross a sheep with George Michael?

A woolly woofternd

Eh? Not the slightest bit funny.

Sad little yokel.

The thickee yokels strike again.

Sad creature.[/quote]

What ever is a woofternd?

Is it some humourless pillock with the initials PC?

Yeah, because if you are offended by gay jokes then you must be gay.

It''s 2017, right? I know whole parts of Norfolk thought that the series Life on Mars was a documentary, but really.