Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

It's Rowett

I''d be surprised if it was. He''s been available for a while. The club would have brought him in a long time ago if they did view him as manager material at Norwich.

Was apparently lined up under Jez if AN failed to make the playoffs and is waiting for this job.

Rowett would be my preferred choice out of the names doing the rounds. Although, I wouldn''t mind getting the Cowley brothers in from Lincoln.

Rowett has always been my choice of those I have heard of and obviously available. The sacking by Birmingham was bizarre and pretty much universally regarded as a mistake. His coaches were also sacked and unless they have found work elsewhere presumably we could hire the whole lot of them, assuming Rowett would still want them. And that would mean not having to pay compensation to anyone.As to why Rowett hasn''t gone anywhere in the meantime, he was offered the Forest job, but refused to work for the current owner. And it is a fair guess that after that he decided to bide his time to see what might become available. I don''t read anything bad into him into him being jobless. I Imagine he didn''t need financially to jump at the first opportunity.

Rowett, Pardew or Hodgson would be my choice out of the predictable names. The latter two are somewhat unrealistic considering what salary we''re likely to offer but would be the ideal fit for this transitional period.

Pardew is a t055er and Hodgson would probably bring national ridicule but in reality they''re both far better and more proven managers than any we''ve had in a long time!

A Marco Silva/David Wagner type gamble would also be welcome.

No idealistic "attacking" coaches with poor records in the transfer window like Rosler or Warburton as that would be a complete like for like side step. If we appoint someone like that I''d honestly rather we''d had stuck with Neil.

Monk would be the best candidate imo but I''m not sure, even with their off field problems we could tempt him away from Leeds. I don''t think even a Newcastle or Villa could btw either.

Knowing the history of managerial appointments of those running the club I fully expect a thorough search of Europe for our next manager. Once this search is complete will they have discovered that the best man for the job can be found less than 7 miles down the Ipswich Road.

Report: Gary Rowett interested in vacant Norwich City job

Gary Rowett of Birmingham City looks on during the pre season friendly match between Nuneaton Town and Birmingham City at the James Parnell Stadium on July 14, 2015© Getty Images

By Daniel Lewis, Football League Correspondent

Filed: Friday, March 10, 2017 at 21:26 UK

Last Updated: Friday, March 10, 2017 at 21:28 UK

Former Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett is keen on a return to management with Championship side Norwich City, according to a report.

The 42-year-old was controversially dismissed by the Blues just before Christmas, having guided the club into playoff contention in the first half of the season.

Rowett''s stock has only continued to rise during his time out of work, largely due to the reverse in fortunes of the side he left behind, and he recently admitted to wanting a crack at the Premier League.

It is claimed by Sky Sports News that he has shown his interest in the Norwich job, however, just hours after Alex Neil was given the boot following a disappointing run of form.

No to Woy. We''ve had all season to make him a DOF so let''s hope that won''t happen.

Cotterill has also show interest but thats another no for me.

Rowett or Warburton please. Warburton edges it for more success at two clubs compared to Rowetts one club

[quote user="dibbler"]Report: Gary Rowett interested in vacant Norwich City job

Gary Rowett of Birmingham City looks on during the pre season friendly match between Nuneaton Town and Birmingham City at the James Parnell Stadium on July 14, 2015© Getty Images

Former Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett is keen on a return to management with Championship side Norwich City, according to a report.

The 42-year-old was controversially dismissed by the Blues just before Christmas, having guided the club into playoff contention in the first half of the season.

Rowett''s stock has only continued to rise during his time out of work, largely due to the reverse in fortunes of the side he left behind, and he recently admitted to wanting a crack at the Premier League.

It is claimed by Sky Sports News that he has shown his interest in the Norwich job, however, just hours after Alex Neil was given the boot following a disappointing run of form.[/quote]

There was one report a while ago that Rowett was waiting to see if the Norwich job became available. And he might be interested. Not least because of the unacknowledged upside of Smith and Jones giving managers time (arguably sometimes too much) to get it right. Rowett wouldn''t work for the Forest owner because he thought he would always be in instant danger of the sack. He would know that wouldn''t be the case at carrow Road.As to him fancying his chances in the Premier League, after he was sacked by Birmingham two jobs came  up - Hull and Swansea - both of which he might have thought he would have a chance of getting. That he didn''t has probably convinced him he needs one more job in the Championship, with a club that might get promoted. before stepping up a division.At a tangent, while some sympathise with Neil, we should spare a thought for all those posters who recently claimed to know for cerrtain he would be the manager next season, and a special prayer for Highland Canary, who kept on suggesting he would be at Carrow Road for no fewer than eight more years. These posters will be feeling bereft and need understanding rather than ridicule.

Nah, I think I''ll stick with ridicule. In fact I want one of their choices to become manager just so I can constantly complain[Y]

Didn''t know that much about him so found this article.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/03/10/tactical-philosophy-gary-rowett/

He seems more adaptable and willing to change tactics given the players at his disposal.

Y

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="dibbler"]Report: Gary Rowett interested in vacant Norwich City job

It is claimed by Sky Sports News that he has shown his interest in the Norwich job, however, just hours after Alex Neil was given the boot following a disappointing run of form.[/quote]

There was one report a while ago that Rowett was waiting to see if the Norwich job became available. And he might be interested. Not least because of the unacknowledged upside of Smith and Jones giving managers time (arguably sometimes too much) to get it right. Rowett wouldn''t work for the Forest owner because he thought he would always be in instant danger of the sack. He would know that wouldn''t be the case at carrow Road.As to him fancying his chances in the Premier League, after he was sacked by Birmingham two jobs came  up - Hull and Swansea - both of which he might have thought he would have a chance of getting. That he didn''t has probably convinced him he needs one more job in the Championship, with a club that might get promoted. before stepping up a division.At a tangent, while some sympathise with Neil, we should spare a thought for all those posters who recently claimed to know for cerrtain he would be the manager next season, and a special prayer for Highland Canary, who kept on suggesting he would be at Carrow Road for no fewer than eight more years. These posters will be feeling bereft and need understanding rather than ridicule.[/quote]Thing with Rowett is the Gardening Leave. He had 18 months left, so that''s a hefty chunk of change just to speak with him. Personally I can''t see it. I think He''ll move in the summer Maybe to a prem side that survive

[quote user="baggie192"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="dibbler"]Report: Gary Rowett interested in vacant Norwich City job

There was one report a while ago that Rowett was waiting to see if the Norwich job became available. And he might be interested. Not least because of the unacknowledged upside of Smith and Jones giving managers time (arguably sometimes too much) to get it right. Rowett wouldn''t work for the Forest owner because he thought he would always be in instant danger of the sack. He would know that wouldn''t be the case at carrow Road.As to him fancying his chances in the Premier League, after he was sacked by Birmingham two jobs came  up - Hull and Swansea - both of which he might have thought he would have a chance of getting. That he didn''t has probably convinced him he needs one more job in the Championship, with a club that might get promoted. before stepping up a division.At a tangent, while some sympathise with Neil, we should spare a thought for all those posters who recently claimed to know for cerrtain he would be the manager next season, and a special prayer for Highland Canary, who kept on suggesting he would be at Carrow Road for no fewer than eight more years. These posters will be feeling bereft and need understanding rather than ridicule.[/quote]Thing with Rowett is the Gardening Leave. He had 18 months left, so that''s a hefty chunk of change just to speak with him. Personally I can''t see it. I think He''ll move in the summer Maybe to a prem side that survive[/quote]You keep saying this but as far as I know he is not on gardening leave. For that to be the case he would have still to be on the Birmingham City payroll, and I very much doubt he is.