Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

N.Forest In Talks With Warburton/Rowett Close To Derby Move

Was always going to happen with Warburton with his trusted general McParland going there last week.

Rowett said to be in charge of Derby for Saturdays game.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 13/03/2017 12:41 PM:

Pardew it is then!

Not according to the BBC website.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 13/03/2017 12:49 PM:

Yes I am well aware of the BBC story.

Doesn''t mean to say they are right though.

Sorry Mr Chops, but you do remind me of a previous poster!!

I just hope it is not Hodgson. We need a manager with some experience at this level so if Warburton and Rowett are out of the reckoning there would not appear to be much choice apart from Pardew in terms of currently unemployed managers. I have naturally excluded McClaren as I put him in the same category as Hodgson.

Getting Hodgson involved will be beneficial to a Board of Directors with little ''football'' experience. As I''ve said on other posts, we need someone to attract new players to the club - Alex Neil, Frankie MacAvoy and Ricky Martin do not, and I think that''s been a major part of why our transfers in have been so poor in general over the past 3 or 4 windows.

I also think that''s been one of the problems on the pitch this season - experienced pros like Naismith, Klose, Ruddy and to a lesser extent Jerome, lost belief in AN''s tactics and he didn''t inspire them to perform.

If Hodgson does come in as DOF, maybe he will run with Irvine as coach.

Irvine said he doesn''t want the managers role but said he wants to stay on as coach.

Who really knows the answer???

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 2017-03-13 4:41 PM:

Pardew it is then!

Apparently, not according to talk sport and radio Norfolk, he is not in the running at all!

@Dorset Canary

Irvine said he doesn''t want the managers role but said he wants to stay on as coach.

Did Irvine say he wants to stay, that certainly didn''t come across in the interview i heard, got the feeling he cant wait to get out.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Dorset Canary

Did Irvine say he wants to stay, that certainly didn''t come across in the interview i heard, got the feeling he cant wait to get out.[/quote]

Maybe my mistake then, thought I read he''d like to stay at Norwich but not as manager... Will go back over the article 👍

Did Irvine say he wants to stay, that certainly didn''t come across in the interview i heard, got the feeling he cant wait to get out.[/quote]

Maybe my mistake then, thought I read he''d like to stay at Norwich but not as manager... Will go back over the article

I interpreted it as he would like to work with AN again.

He said he would not apply, but would be happy to still be involved in some way, if possible.

He did not specify at any position though.

I think it was just a ''keep all options'' open reply!

forest in talks with Warbs, Rowett likely off to Derby and Pards ruled out.

It''s going to be Schteve isn''t it?

Worthy, Grant, Roeder, Gunn, Lambert, Hughton, Adams, Neil.

Hard to remember the exact circumstances of each of those appointments but from that list I''m pretty certain that Hughton was the only one being widely touted by the media before he arrived.

If it goes true to form it will be someone far less in the media spotlight than those being mentioned so far. IMO.

We are in no rush though, seasons over, new manager cannot sign/sell any players until season ends.

More managers etc available after season ends, plus possibly no compo to pay, if they have been released from current club etc.

I''m sure if the club wanted any of the currently available ones they would have already made their move, and we don''t know that they haven''t. (We also don''t know that they have!!)

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alan_irvine_will_not_apply_to_replace_alex_neil_as_norwich_city_boss_1_4927386

Says here he is interested in staying but not as manager, might also mean not as head coach to a DOF, words can be misunderstood that''s for sure lol

CANARYKING wrote the following post at 13/03/2017 1:36 PM:

Say Morty he will know

Other forums are available.

Legal notice: please note that posters posting under one name previously, reserve the right to post under other, possibly previously used, names. Or they might not!