Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

McClaren - the choice for those in the know

Hey Everybody.

As you probably know I work as a professional scout for a major FL72 club and have been involved within the game since the 90''s. This working body of knowledge and experience, coupled with living and breathing the game for as long as I care to remember has given me the ability and attributes to make informed decisions and give my opinion on anything football related.

Steve is the only viable candidate for the role, due to him being (amongst other things) a touch of class and a gentleman. The way he reads the game is second to none – The thousands of hours he’s accrued up in the stands, taking a wide view of play has enabled him to come up bespoke systems, which would have been impossible to visualise and implement if he had just stayed in the dug-out from kick off - like the average, run-of-the-mill coach. This sort of tactical know-how is what the club needs – we have talented players, we have the facilities, Steve is the missing piece of the puzzle. Let’s not forget Steve’s charisma and presence too, the club could make a big thing of this; An idea would be to have a glass stair lift, for him to get in when he wants to come down from the stands to the dug-out (he usually comes down around the 15 minute mark) – This could be lit up, so the crowd can clearly see when he’s going to making his approach pitch side and get some chants going – would be intimidating for the opposition I’m sure (don’t know how this would work at away fixtures, but I’m sure a mobile unit could sought and sited somehow).

I hope the board see sense and opt for Steve, he would be the 12th man Delia has always wanted.

Best,

TG

If he becomes the 12th man, does that make the supporters redundant?

Great to have you and your perceptive insights back TG. Love the lift idea!

TG me and you need to meet for a drive through costa and touch base in all this. I think a third party course in commercial meltdown analysis mixed with some teamwork exercises could really aid our boards decision making process and transformation progress

Best

buh

I say it how I see it and I see it how I say it. If people don''t like it, its their problem. Football is my bread and butter - I live and breathe the game. What folk need to remember is that I work as a professional within the industry. Steve is an elite, UEFA pro licenced coach, well regarded (by those who work within football) as one of the most knowledgeable heads in the field.

TG,

Take a long drive in the Qashqai an have a rethink. SM sacked twice by Derby for being garbage at his job. Not really the man we need right now. Mind you, if the board are after a brolley carrying Muppet then SM might fit the bill..

Wolf.

True Grit, I like the cut of your jib.

Yes McClaren has failed on occasion but show me a manager who has not. And as you learn more from failure than from victory, he seems a perfect fit.

He could also get the best from our Dutch players. I would like him to have a crack at getting the most from Ricky Van.

Coincidentally I was considering which new umbrella to purchase. If Schteve comes to us the club shop could revisit it''s offering of brollys and develop a complete range for any occasion.

It''s an excellent idea in my opinion.

Either a) you are in the wrong job b) you are not very good at your job c) you are keeping a straight face and this is a wind up or d) you are just taking the p-- s

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]True Grit, I like the cut of your jib.

Yes McClaren has failed on occasion but show me a manager who has not. And as you learn more from failure than from victory, he seems a perfect fit.

He could also get the best from our Dutch players. I would like him to have a crack at getting the most from Ricky Van.[/quote]

You would do, you Ipswich fans need to stick together